Beta Patch Notes v1.1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

I have another suggestion pertaining to workshops which arises from this thread on the Steam Discussion boards:

My suggestion:
What TW should do to address the widespread confusion about "whether or not workshops are broken" or else badly balanced, is to include additional information in the information pane that allow the user to see WHY the thing is performing badly or not. Is the raw material not plentiful enough? Is it too expensive? Is the demand for the finished product too low? Is the selling price too low? Just this basic information would allow the player to examine their situation more closely to try to determine what they might do to alleviate it, and improve the performance of their workshop. Pretty simple stuff really.

However, there are additional layers which could be addressed in the game design too. Presently, a player has a few options to assist their workshops to make money.
Probably the least "accessible" is to end wars and/or to restore order to the settlement and nearby villages, but this is more of a mid to late game approach, and by then workshops are probably not that important. Quest-like undertakings, or agreements with notables that could address such issues could help.
One can buy up all the end product from one's workshop in a given settlement and cart if off to sell at a profit. This will increase demand for that product and should in a few days or so assist with the passive income calculations by the workshop itself.
One can sell lots of the raw material into the local market and that should reduce "overhead" (as I put it in that Steam thread).
One can buy competitor workshops in the same or nearby settlements and change what they sell (again more of a late-early or early-middle strategy, so quest-like game mechanics which allow the player to achieve "undercut the competition" types of effect for periods of time would enhance workshops).

There is great potential in the current economic system in the game and the way the workshops can articulate with it. But it is not sufficiently represented in the game UI that players can make good sense of it, and the game play potentials are only partly realized.

After many years of playing no Taleworld's titles, I have come back to purchase and play Bannerlord. Steams says I'm up to 283 hours. After several restarts I've settled into a playthrough which I hope to stick with for the long haul, and perhaps conquer the map from the Campaign start (Bannerlord difficulty, Ironman mode, 1.1 version). I've seen very few "bugs," and overall the game is a fantastic expansion on the M&B series. I've had only two CTDs. I have yet to do much in the way of sieging or large field battles though, so I have not seen the full range of situations the game can offer. There are of course areas which are a bit barebones, but that is not what I'm posting about. What I am going to focus on here are very basic design issues, largely having to do with UI and UX which IMO should be demarcated as vitally important simply because they will please almost everyone, annoy almost no one and extend the play time of many who are "hard-core" players who spend hundreds of hours playing. I have not explored any mods yet, and I hope to finish the game at least once completely vanilla before modding the game. IMO, the features I will note here should be part of the vanilla game, even if they are already available from mods.

1. Capacity to instruct EXACTLY which soldier goes into each formation. Having precise control over soldier types would be nice, but to be honest, just giving us a list of EVERY soldier in a force and the ability to select, multi-select, rubber band, drag-and-drop them into the formation shouldn't be asking that much. This is 2023, and this sort of UI technology was already well established 15 or 20 years ago. The current "coarse" system you have may be fine for NPC forces, but the player needs to have COMPLETE CONTROL.

2. Features in the Smithy pane which allow actions which presently might take 20 or 40 mouse clicks to be completed in only two to four mouse-clicks. Again: 15 to 20 year old standards for UI/UX. It is understandable that this was not put on top priority previously, but at this point, you have players complaining about stuff like this, and effectively eschewing certain aspects of game play or even eschewing playing the game entirely (and even worse, going into communities to derogate the game) simply because of little annoyances like having to click hundreds of times when the app could provide an "All" or an "Until Exhausted" or an "Ctrl + Left Mouse" to do in increments of 10 and a "Shift + Left Mouse" to do in increments of 100 . . .

3. Much more control over parties that are led by NPCs in one's clan. "Defensive/Offensive/Neutral" feels like filler, and there seems to be almost zero benefit to allocating troops to an NPC clan member in a second party. Even calling them to an army seems to be questionable based on some commenters.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Those to me are the things that stick out as "most annoying" after 283 hours of vanilla play. There are quite a few other "Quality of Life" changes, as well as some basic game design changes that I would like to see. But those tend to be less serious, or else more matters of opinion. If the above issues are implemented as "additional options" to current UX (and don't break any existing features or functionalities) then I don't see how you can go wrong to address these issues.

I will however, include a link to a Steam Discussion I started called "Little Things that Annoy" which lists these things among others, and has a few respondents (so you can see, it isn't just me).

On the whole: great game! Well done TaleWorlds!
What I can tell you as someone who has been on the forum for a long time is that (1) is probably effectively already rejected - TW seems pretty set on the sliders thing, the UI guy posted an explanation of why individual drop/drag isn't possible without breaking the system - and (3) was rejected in an internal meeting ages ago because it was "too complex". Which I think is stupid because it worked fine in Warband, but that's TW's stance.

Good chance you'd get (2) though since multiple people including youtubers have complained about it, and it makes perfect sense. I'd say smithing is probably pretty low priority, though.

Por favor, TW agregue el botón "para vender todos los artículos" en cada modelo cuando intercambie en las ciudades
y el boton de ejecutar a todos los prisioneros como en Mount&Blade 1

Por favor, TW agregue el botón "para vender todos los artículos" en cada modelo cuando intercambie en las ciudades
You can already transfer/sell all items with the double arrow symbol in the trading menu.

Google translate:

Ya puede transferir/vender todos los artículos con el símbolo de doble flecha en el menú de comercio.

png-transparent-mexico-cinco-de-mayo-mr-taco-internet-meme-pepe-the-frog-black-and-white-food-hat-cowboy-hat.png

Last edited:
Nunca hubo un botón de ejecutar a todos los prisioneros en Mount & Blade hasta ahora xd

I have another suggestion pertaining to workshops which arises from this thread on the Steam Discussion boards:

My suggestion:
What TW should do to address the widespread confusion about "whether or not workshops are broken" or else badly balanced, is to include additional information in the information pane that allow the user to see WHY the thing is performing badly or not. Is the raw material not plentiful enough? Is it too expensive? Is the demand for the finished product too low? Is the selling price too low? Just this basic information would allow the player to examine their situation more closely to try to determine what they might do to alleviate it, and improve the performance of their workshop. Pretty simple stuff really.

However, there are additional layers which could be addressed in the game design too. Presently, a player has a few options to assist their workshops to make money.
Probably the least "accessible" is to end wars and/or to restore order to the settlement and nearby villages, but this is more of a mid to late game approach, and by then workshops are probably not that important. Quest-like undertakings, or agreements with notables that could address such issues could help.
One can buy up all the end product from one's workshop in a given settlement and cart if off to sell at a profit. This will increase demand for that product and should in a few days or so assist with the passive income calculations by the workshop itself.
One can sell lots of the raw material into the local market and that should reduce "overhead" (as I put it in that Steam thread).
One can buy competitor workshops in the same or nearby settlements and change what they sell (again more of a late-early or early-middle strategy, so quest-like game mechanics which allow the player to achieve "undercut the competition" types of effect for periods of time would enhance workshops).

There is great potential in the current economic system in the game and the way the workshops can articulate with it. But it is not sufficiently represented in the game UI that players can make good sense of it, and the game play potentials are only partly realized.
yeah. some more info on that could help a ton

Ya I’m curious when it reaches console too I’m super excited for it
Beta updates are always on Steam.

Full/main releases are at the same time for Consoles, Steam and other pc game stores. Updates usually take 1-6 weeks to go from beta to main branch, and this patch is on the bigger side so it won't go too quickly, how much exactly we don't know.

Ya puedes transferir/vender todos los artículos con el símbolo de doble flecha en el menú de comercio.

Google Translate:

Ya puede transferir/vender todos los artículos con el símbolo de doble flecha en el menú de comercio.

png-transparent-mexico-cinco-de-mayo-mr-taco-internet-meme-pepe-the-frog-black-and-white-food-hat-cowboy-hat.png
¡Gracias!
Nunca hubo un botón de ejecutar a todos los prisioneros en Mount & Blade hasta ahora xd
En el primer Mount&Blade (native) había.
También había minas para llevar a los prisioneros y venderlos.

Last edited:

Google Translate:

Ok gracias

Fixed a bug that prevented wanderers from spawning until the next game load after dismissing a companion.

well im on 1.0.3 and companions are not spawning after being dismissed, even after reloading a save... there are 41 companions in my save of which 22 are over 50 y/o

¡Gracias!

En el primer Mount&Blade (native) había.
También había minas para llevar a los prisioneros y venderlos.
Estoy 100% seguro de que usaste un mod, no se puede ni en warband ni en M&B nativos, y las minas, eso se puede en el mod brytenwalda y hay otros mods que lo usan. Hasta la wiki no dice nada de minas ni ejecuciones. Solamente se pueden vender en tavernas o dejarlos en castillos ciudades.

I've completely given up on workshops for now. They were fine until a few patches ago but now they seem to require a lot micromanaging to maybe gamble a little gain that is just as quickly lost. Just a frustrating nuisance tbh.

Battle loot, caravans and tournament prizes are easier and far far more lucrative.

Back
Top Bottom