Beta Patch Notes v1.0.3

Users who are viewing this thread

Dejan

Community Manager
patchnotes-b-v103.png

Beta v1.0.3​

Singleplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred due to the AI general formation not being positioned correctly at the beginning of siege battles.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred due to the animation system.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred after battles.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred due to being able to enter towns during a siege.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred due to a modding-related bug even after completely removing all mods / reinstalling the game.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when the player was navigating through inventory, encyclopedia or party screen.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when using mods that had dot characters in their module name.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred on PS5 due to a memory issue.

Fixes
  • Fixed a memory leak that occurred when returning to the main menu.
  • [PS] Fixed a bug that caused a save to get corrupted when overwriting save files.
  • [PS] Fixed a bug that prevented the deletion of corrupted save files.
  • [PS4] Reduced the save file limit from 32 to 16 to allow for larger files without corruption.
    • If you have more than 16 save files, this will not delete your files. It will only prevent you from creating new files until you are below 16 again. You can overwrite all existing files.

Changes
  • Siege Engine Changes
    • Decreased the minimum firing range of all mangonels, allowing them to shoot closer targets. This also makes higher walls not so detrimental for defending mangonels.
    • Regular mangonels with multiple projectiles
      • Increased the number of projectiles.
      • Decreased the single-hit damage of each stone.
      • Decreased the damage area of each projectile.
      • Regular mangonels are still effective against troops but no longer overshadow their fire mangonel counterparts.
    • Fire mangonels
      • Slightly increased the area of effect.
      • Increased the damage reduction towards the edges of the hit area.
      • Increased the hit damage of a projectile.
      • It’s harder to hit enemy engines or formations with them in comparison to the regular mangonel but the payout is much better. Not every unit hit by the fire mangonel will die due to the increased damage reduction towards the edges of the hit area.
    • AI targeting behaviour of mangonels
      • Mangonels now prioritize the battering ram and siege towers when choosing a target. Afterwards, they try to attack clumps of enemies.
      • Fire mangonels now primarily target enemy troops.
    • Trebuchets
      • Increased the number of projectiles.
      • Decreased the single-hit damage of each stone.
      • Decreased the damage area of each projectile.
      • We are working on further improvements to them.
    • Battering rams and siege towers
      • Increased the hit points of battering rams and siege towers (to compensate for the decreased mangonel minimum range).
    • AI behaviour of ranged siege engines
      • The AI now properly leads targets.
      • Improved the overall accuracy calculation, resulting in fewer over or undershooting.
      • Adjusted the target boxes of siege towers. Defending mangonels can now target them when they are closer.
  • Troop AI Changes
    • Attacking archers now use line formation spacing instead of tight formation spacing when taking positions.
    • Defending troops now start on walls as the siege begins.

Multiplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred due to shield inverse kinematics not being fully synchronized with the server.
  • Fixed a server crash that occurred on crowded servers when picking up an item from the ground.

Changes to siege equipment seem nice! Since you seem to be focusing on sieges, is there a plan to allow defenders to choose what they build?

The changes to siege engines seem really nice and I will definitely check them out! However, there are several outstanding important issues related to sieges that needs changing or tweaking:

-After the attacking units rout, if they still intend to siege the settlement again, the AI should check if they need to rebuild the battering ram and/or siege towers before attacking again (since they get destroyed when the attacker retreats).

-The siege engines built by the defenders is random, which makes some siege assaults/defences easier or harder due to a coin flip. Imo, the AI should always build with the aim to always have 2 onagers and 2 ballistae (or at least the randomness should be taken out some way). Also, the player should be able to determine which siege engines are being built if the defended settlement belongs to the player, the player is the only lord present in the settlement or if the player is the king.

-When we assign a companion (more accurately, a formation that has a companion as its only unit) to a siege engine in the order of battle (unit deployment) screen, the companion should actually use the siege engine during the battle. Also, unit formations don't always stay as how you set up during the OOB stage and the formations almost always get messed up and reset to default during siege defence.

-Due to a bug, the player can get randomly kicked out from the besieged settlement for whatever reason, and will have to sacrifice units in order to get in again. This should get fixed.

-Engineering tree needs major buffs to it. At the very least, the level up bonuses to building siege engines should be be 5x to what it is now and levelling up the engineering skill should also increase the building speed for siege camps +0.3% per skill level. I've detailed several more suggestions in this thread: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...ake-the-engineering-skill-more-useful.455910/

Last edited:
Why not put the two multiplayer fixes in 1.0.2? We need testing to know if these fixes work.
Unless you're planning on releasing 1.0.3 multiplayer servers

-After the attacking units rout, if they still intend to siege the settlement again, the AI should check if they need to rebuild the battering ram and/or siege towers before attacking again(since they get destroyed when the attacker retreats).

-The siege engines built by the defenders is random
First point is a good one. The larger issue with the second point is that the AI has no idea how to actually reserve the engines and ends up pouring thimbles of water into a bonfire.

First point is a good one. The larger issue with the second point is that the AI has no idea how to actually reserve the engines and ends up pouring thimbles of water into a bonfire.
Fair point, also the defenders actually do construct additional engines and put them in reserve (sometimes), just not always effectively. I'm also not really suggesting this in order to make the defenders "better" per se, I'm just trying to make them more consistent/less random overall.

Last edited:
Warscore still is bugged, we pay money as tribute while actually winning the war. And we still get thrown out of the castle under siege when a peace is declared between unrelated factions. These are gamebreaking bugs but still no fixes. Clap. Proper AAA studios hotfix these kind of issues immediately, but months gone by and a fix isnt even on the menu for TW.

Last edited:
Beta v1.0.3

Singleplayer

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred due to a modding-related bug even after completely removing all mods / reinstalling the game.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when using mods that had dot characters in their module name.

I am actually "cautiously optimistic" about these fixes that actually address Modding issues.
According to a Poll I conducted recently even though the sample is quite low, but looking at the number of Mods/downloads, it is quite obvious that a lot of players are using them. My poll shows about 80% of the respondents are using Mods:

So, I greatly appreciate the efforts of TW looking into making Mod play a target of their updating/fixing process.

Nice update for the siege defense, in particular the spawning on the wall and the effectiveness of the siege engines,

I would like to again suggest the following:
- when the attacking force builds siege engines, have them put in reserve first. So the player can choose to put them to the field all at once.
- have the archers hide behind the wall while reloading.
- have the defenders fall back to a more defendable position instead of trying to reclaim the wall.
- have the keep battle not start inside the castle hall. But with an assault in the city streets attacking the keep. There are city scenes that have formidable defences surrounding the keep.
- have some extra time pass on the campaign map before the keep can be assaulted, this way a relieving force has a chance to come to the rescue

Bruh, it's just a bunch of fixes... So small, that I will barely notice the difference between "before" and "after". As expected, after the " official release" the content updates release frequency has shifted from "about 3 months" to "maybe later, good bye".
Warscore still is bugged, we pay money as tribute while actually winning the war. And we still get thrown out of the castle under siege when a peace is declared between unrelated factions. These are gamebreaking bugs but still no fixes. Clap.
It's the vision!

Nice update for the siege defense, in particular the spawning on the wall and the effectiveness of the siege engines,

I would like to again suggest the following:
- when the attacking force builds siege engines, have them put in reserve first. So the player can choose to put them to the field all at once.
- have the archers hide behind the wall while reloading.
I love these ideas
- have the defenders fall back to a more defendable position instead of trying to reclaim the wall.
- have the keep battle not start inside the castle hall. But with an assault in the city streets attacking the keep. There are city scenes that have formidable defences surrounding the keep.
I love these as well, but I think that making the defenders' reinforcement spawn point always be in the vicinity of the keep door/stairs (and siege defence reinforcements having the advance command by default after spawning) so that the defenders have to defend positions further back as the siege progresses may be a much simpler middle-ground implementation (though admittedly I don't know jack **** about game development so I may be wrong).
- have some extra time pass on the campaign map before the keep can be assaulted, this way a relieving force has a chance to come to the rescue
While it's reasonable to want to make sieges more risky, I think that having to do a field battle (or maybe sally out battles after they're implemented) after you've already captured 99% of the settlement if a relief party comes would be unfun and tedious.

Last edited:
Bruh, it's just a bunch of fixes... So small, that I will barely notice the difference between "before" and "after". As expected, after the " official release" the content updates release frequency has shifted from "about 3 months" to "maybe later, good bye".

It's the vision!
Im extremely fed up with this company. At this point the problem isnt only with the management. Clone children, siege bug, war score bug, all known for MONTHS!

Fire mangonels
Are you guys gonna call something in the game a magonel? You've got ballista, oringer and catapult (defense name only) but magonel is only referenced in perks, which should be changed so you have cohesive terms throughout the game.

Being able to choose the target for the ranged gear on the campaign map would be 100X more useful then all this tinkering. That's what they're for.

Warscore still is bugged, we pay money as tribute while actually winning the war. And we still get thrown out of the castle under siege when a peace is declared between unrelated factions. These are gamebreaking bugs but still no fixes. Clap. Proper AAA studios hotfix these kind of issues immediately, but months gone by and a fix isnt even on the menu for TW.
The VisionTM!

why do you even need a beta for this ****, you could've ghost patched it into the main patch and i bet not a single person would've even noticed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom