Beta Patch Notes v1.0.2

Users who are viewing this thread

It gets even better when you realize the holidays are coming so they will most likely go radio silent for a month and a half without any indication. This is what we can enjoy post "release". Forget the idea of communication when to expect any proper fixes for major known bugs present at release, as well as no info on purported features yet to be added.

Happy holidays warriors of Calradia!
at least they are consistent about being inconsistent

you guys have some really high expectations from just another business. We've all seen how high is the bar, i mean the game is already officially released and to be honest i've seen worse starts in gaming history (yes battlefield i'm talking about you)

And many people have been giving total war as an example of well made, and as someone who owns all of the historic titles i can tell you that they make like 1 good game, 1 bad and then one decent and back to bad. Success is not easy to replicate (warband > bannerlord).

Either we as a community push them enough to actually make a difference or we fail without offering any meaningful feedback and discussion.

Either we as a community push them enough to actually make a difference or we fail without offering any meaningful feedback and discussion.
(People writing tons of constructive feedback, begging and pleading to little avail for years.)
Newbie: you know what? why don't we just write constructive feedback! why is everyone so negative?

you guys have some really high expectations from just another business.
My expectations are for all the game's advertised features to be in the game and function, and for a sequel to be better than the last game in the series.

How is that really high?
We've all seen how high is the bar, i mean the game is already officially released and to be honest i've seen worse starts in gaming history (yes battlefield i'm talking about you)
So you're saying if some companies fail catastrophically we should forgive other companies for failing? Seems like a great way to make the already low bar in the gaming industry fall even further.
Success is not easy to replicate (warband > bannerlord).
Many, many sequels have been released in video game history that work decently and are an all-around improvement on the last game.

If 2 people could make warrider and 10 people could make Warband, 100 people should have been able to make "Warband but better." Which Bannerlord isn't.
Read this https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...cess-roadmap-ready-for-you-taleworlds.440590/ you can also read the last 2+ years of meaningful feedback and discussion which has been provided on this forum by opening the forum and actually reading it.

If anything, I have seen Taleworlds respond most often when users stop providing constructive feedback, and start actively and aggressively criticising the company. When we provide constructive feedback it's usually radio silence for months at a time.

Not that unusual, this is a beta for the upcoming patch.
So correct me if I’m wrong (in my limited understanding), but the game is technically “fully released”, so this is a “beta” patch, meaning a test patch for an upcoming “official” patch?

Genuinely trying to understand.

So correct me if I’m wrong (in my limited understanding), but the game is technically “fully released”, so this is a “beta” patch, meaning a test patch for an upcoming “official” patch?

Yes, beta simply means it's being tested before being pushed to the main / production branch. That's the general definition of the term. Some MMORPG even have "public test realms", which is nothing more than a fancy name for "beta servers". You can perfectly have features in beta even though the main product isn't, I mean you do have to test new features at some point.

My expectations are for all the game's advertised features to be in the game and function, and for a sequel to be better than the last game in the series.

How is that really high?

So you're saying if some companies fail catastrophically we should forgive other companies for failing? Seems like a great way to make the already low bar in the gaming industry fall even further.

Many, many sequels have been released in video game history that work decently and are an all-around improvement on the last game.

If 2 people could make warrider and 10 people could make Warband, 100 people should have been able to make "Warband but better." Which Bannerlord isn't.

Read this https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...cess-roadmap-ready-for-you-taleworlds.440590/ you can also read the last 2+ years of meaningful feedback and discussion which has been provided on this forum by opening the forum and actually reading it.

If anything, I have seen Taleworlds respond most often when users stop providing constructive feedback, and start actively and aggressively criticising the company. When we provide constructive feedback it's usually radio silence for months at a time.
I have actually been following your post. Hope everything gets green colored :wink:

I do kinda support a patch marked as [BETA] for user acceptance test and such. We are the true final line before content/patches should go LIVE and it seems reasonable to do so.

If people never experienced a "beta patch" for a game after it's release before. They can't have that many games to start with. Releasing beta versions of patches is to help make sure the release patch doesn't screw things up. It's quite optional for us to download the beta patch, and for some of us to help test the beta patch and provide feedback.

TW get thrown dirt at them regardless what they do. At release a lot of people started cry about they got our money now and wouldn't support the game anylonger. Then you have people get loud when they start release a beta of a upcoming patch. Can people make up their minds already..

Yes, beta simply means it's being tested before being pushed to the main / production branch. That's the general definition of the term. Some MMORPG even have "public test realms", which is nothing more than a fancy name for "beta servers". You can perfectly have features in beta even though the main product isn't, I mean you do have to test new features at some point.
As bm01 already answered this beta is only for the new patches. Tale Worlds enables us to test these patches before they will get released into the main branch of the game. Thus some users will be still beta testers and Tale Worlds gets valuable feed back concerning the soon to be released patch.

As I said this is a quite common practice in software development. You may be more acquainted with the concept of closed testing groups, where the newest patches will be tested by an in-house team.

Hopefully Elon Musk buys TW soon.
:grin: Calm down Satan.
i like this ideal! someone introduce Bannerlord to him! maybe he will like it, who know
687474703a2f2f33332e6d656469612e74756d626c722e636f6d2f66336563373932356363613836303739623234343662376565653239313030622f74756d626c725f6e6c3134716e3330556b3171656c6b75666f325f72315f3534302e676966

I hate Elon and wish to deliver him the justice

Armies
  • Fixed a bug that allowed for infinite influence to be gained by donating troops to companion parties located in the player’s army.
Fair enough, TW did remove the influence gain from exactly donating troops to your own parties. HOWEVER and new infleunce exploit has been added and another equal influence generation exploit was un-fixed.
Give prisoners to your own clan parties and enter your own fief to get influence from them donating them to YOUR OWN PRISON. Take them back out and do it again! Also, enter any allied fief and you clan parties get influence for any Lord Prisoners they have, but they DON'T put them in prison! Just exit and enter to get Influence at will!

Back
Top Bottom