Beta Patch Notes e1.9.0

Users who are viewing this thread

No, not custom servers but in-game multiple-character profile layout so that you can customize as many characters as you like without having to change your steam nickname all the time. Right now in armory you customize just one char and his name is your steam name, many of us wanna be able to create many chars and just swap between them like in Warband. For example: I play a few rounds of MP with a character named Gnjus and afterwards I wanna play as MostBlunted so I just swap to him on the profile screen (like in this screenshot above). I don't know how to explain it better, I mean a feature that was in Warband more than a decade ago but for some strange reason is missing in Bannerlord.

We are now all MostBlunted
giphy.gif

F

It finally happend. My hero character has been killed in combat, pierced and gutted by aserai blade thru his lamelar armor. Very nice cut scene. I think a shed a tear or two 😥
Strange things followed. Game window appeared asking me to chose heir. As kids are still under legal age, there was only his poor waifu Ladogual in the list. I was like YEAH, thanks RNGsus! I can play as my beloved waifu 😍 Wow...
My enthusiasm has been curbed by game info, that passed hero's warband of 200 soldiers, mega collection of noble horses and masterwork weapons has started process of dissolvement. I immediately opened clan property screen and tried to place new warband leader to somehow stop that process. Having only one available companion to do it, as the rest were part of warband itself, I dismissed her as governor and sent her to take over control over warband. She didnt make it in time (I guess?). Warband disappeared with all the goodies and companions ended up in different Battanian cities. Only thing that has been saved, was my deceased hero gear. He was probably burried in sands of aserai desert naked 🤭
Is this all intended to work like that? Am I missing smtg? My common sense asks me: Why the warband can't have the highest level companion automatically appointed as leader and bring mourning crowd back home? 🤔

It finally happend. My hero character has been killed in combat, pierced and gutted by aserai blade thru his lamelar armor. Very nice cut scene. I think a shed a tear or two 😥
Strange things followed. Game window appeared asking me to chose heir. As kids are still under legal age, there was only his poor waifu Ladogual in the list. I was like YEAH, thanks RNGsus! I can play as my beloved waifu 😍 Wow...
My enthusiasm has been curbed by game info, that passed hero's warband of 200 soldiers, mega collection of noble horses and masterwork weapons has started process of dissolvement. I immediately opened clan property screen and tried to place new warband leader to somehow stop that process. Having only one available companion to do it, as the rest were part of warband itself, I dismissed her as governor and sent her to take over control over warband. She didnt make it in time (I guess?). Warband disappeared with all the goodies and companions ended up in different Battanian cities. Only thing that has been saved, was my deceased hero gear. He was probably burried in sands of aserai desert naked 🤭
Is this all intended to work like that? Am I missing smtg? My common sense asks me: Why the warband can't have the highest level companion automatically appointed as leader and bring mourning crowd back home? 🤔
Player death is optional. If you risk it, you should prepare suitable heir(s).

By the way what happens if I die while my heir is still a baby? Let's say my wife is dead too. I'm planning to do a playthrough with player-death enabled during battle.
I'd resort to save spamming, until he/she grows up. :smile: However, I agree with your implication that a previously unsuspected long-lost cousin (or bastard) should be randomly generated as a concession to my ineptness in combat.

Last edited:
By the way what happens if I die while my heir is still a baby? Let's say my wife is dead too. I'm planning to do a playthrough with player-death enabled during battle.
Pretty sure you get a "Game Over" screen, as when the only members in an AI clan are underage kids the clan disappears.

Pretty sure you get a "Game Over" screen, as when the only members in an AI clan are underage kids the clan disappears.
Would be cool if you actually had to wait several years for that child to grow up, perhaps even have a super fast foward option, so you can start playing again many years after ur father's death and see how much got changed in all those years.

Afaik you can take over any +18 clan member. Companions, your brother's wife etc. included.

But if you don't have any of them, then the game says game over i think.

Last edited:
In the main story line, when you have to go talk to the two people about banner pieces, how is that supposed to work? I told the lady that I was going to support the Empire so she gave me a location to go get a piece. Am I supposed to like to the other guy? He just says come back when I change my mind basically.

Would be cool if you actually had to wait several years for that child to grow up, perhaps even have a super fast foward option, so you can start playing again many years after ur father's death and see how much got changed in all those years.
Yeah but the clan would have to deteriorate. Might even get kicked out of a faction if too much time has passed. The clan is practically wiped out, but you get a second chance to restore your house.

Player death is optional. If you risk it, you should prepare suitable heir(s).
I'm not complaining. Im just genuinely asking. If it should be like that, fine, no issue. Its just a computer game 🤷🏻‍♂️
I have save from before my hero's inglorious death and now also an alternative one to explore my inner woman playing as widowed warrior...princess? 🤭

Back
Top Bottom