Beta Patch Notes e1.9.0

Users who are viewing this thread

@Duh_TaleWorlds I think there's probably a bug with the banners (I hope this is not intended). My own formed army and another one of my faction's armies are in a field battle with an enemy army. I noticed that despite me equipping all my companions with banners and assigning them as captains, there's only 1 banner per formation; that of my ally leading the other army. There really should be at least one banner per formation per army and separate party (so if there's 1 army and 3 separate parties joining the battle, there should be 4 banners in the infantry formation)

Here's a screenshot:

For reference, I'm the king of my own created faction (so I'm higher ranking) and my clan (and therefore kingdom) insignia is a Triskelion (The three celtic swirl thingies)

@Duh_TaleWorlds I think there's probably a bug with the banners (I hope this is not intended). My own formed army and another one of my faction's armies are in a field battle with an enemy army. I noticed that despite me equipping all my companions with banners and assigning them as captains, there's only 1 banner per formation; that of my ally leading the other army. There really should be at least one banner per formation per army and separate party (so if there's 1 army and 3 separate parties joining the battle, there should be 4 banners in the infantry formation)
Cheers, shot the relevant dev a message.

@Duh_TaleWorlds I can't really test whether the banner effects work or not or if the game applies our own assigned captains' banner bonuses, but upon further testing it, I can say that the game consistently shows the wrong insignia/crest for the chosen captain. I made my son and my daughter in law the captains of their formations, as well as some other random schmucks captain as well, but the clan symbols were always wrong. I'm not accustomed to how banners look so I can't say whether it's only the clan symbol that's wrong or maybe also the banner bonuses themselves.

Last edited:
Banners are determined by the equipment of captains. No captain (with a banner item equipped), no banner bearer in the formation.
giphy.gif

Got two other things ive noticed after running my first snowball test (will post results later after compiling the data).

1. This is still an issue since 2020. Children of the same gender for parents end up looking the same . And checking for dupe kids i noticed a severe lack of kids in the world leading to #2.

2. Seems like AI marriages are not happening at all. Checking between year 5 which had 74 married females, and year 20 which had 54 married females (20 of the previously married females had died), its pretty clear no one was getting married. All marriages were the game start ones.

Well done TW guys and gals!
I see you are very active in the thread, it is obvious you wanna be sure everything will go smooth @25.10.
Hope this will be a successful release on all platforms.

Was hoping to see some troops equipment looked at, things like empire/aserai/battania (lower tiers) look nice in their newer stuff. Vlandia really needs the shoulder pieces and Sturgia/Khuz look kind of bland in comparison to everyone else at the moment

New Dunglanys scene looks so amazing!

Being serious, it has no grass, some textures are missing, terrain looks very strange and it also has no trees or any other objects outside the city walls! Cheers to QA!

@Dejan @MArdA TaleWorlds

From what I understand, the game correctly choses the banner of the assigned captain, it just has the wrong clan crest/symbol when you're in an army. So it's probably only a minor visual glitch. When I engage with only my party, the crest on the banners are correct. I really hope that the devs choose to put 1 banner for each separate army and party participating in the battle (as long as they have brought say, like 20-30 troops for the formation, regardless if that amount has spawned in the battle) per formation.

I really hope that the devs choose to put 1 banner for each separate army and party participating in the battle (as long as they have brought say, like 20-30 troops for the formation, regardless if that amount has spawned in the battle) per formation.
The intention is to have a banner bearer per formation with a captain - because the banner effects apply only while the banner is carried. When a banner bearer gets knocked out, they cease (until it's picked up again).

On a sidenote, thanks to everyone that highlighted an issue. I forwarded the critical ones. Will be logging off for now as I need to catch a plane to turkey tomorrow.

The intention is to have a banner bearer per formation with a captain - because the banner effects apply only while the banner is carried. When a banner bearer gets knocked out, they cease (until it's picked up again).

On a sidenote, thanks to everyone that highlighted an issue. I forwarded the critical ones. Will be logging off for now as I need to catch a plane to turkey tomorrow.
Oh I understand why it's done. Even if only visually (without applying the banner bonuses), it would be so much better seeing 1 banner per formation per participating army or party captain on the battlefield or siege as long as they have brought idk at least 50 units?.

Thank you for reading and responding to our feedback so quickly! Have a safe flight!

Last edited:
Oh I understand why it's done. Even if only visually (without applying the banner bonuses), it would be so much better to seeing 1 banner per formation per participating army or party captain on the battlefield or siege.

Thank you for reading and responding to our feedback so quickly! Have a safe flight!
Yeah I agree, these extra banners could be only visual and it would be cool an army with 1000 people and at least one banner per clan :grin:
Devs, can we get that ?

Back
Top Bottom