Beta Patch Notes e1.9.0

Users who are viewing this thread

- Varcheg has a bug. when walking in the city, we see the siege barricades outside the walls.
- Battle map 30 has a visual issue with the water plans.
I didn't find this change: "Added a visual representation of the "Disorganized" state in party nameplates and added the duration of this state to the mobile party tooltip."

Last edited:
I'm noticing a huge performance increase. It used to take 1-2 seconds for menus to load normally when I play on my HDD, now, even with cheat mode, it loads so much faster. Great job!

They also changed all the mounted noble troops' horses to newly added one, they all have 20+ charge damage value, and the highest damage one seems like vlandian banner knight with 32 charge damage. Heavy cav is probably gonna wreck face now, especially with the banner bonus that increases damage to charging. They unfortunately didn't change the banner knight line's shoulder pieces :sad:. Hope they do so at release.

Last edited:
@Duh_TaleWorlds I love the new mercenary lines & sword sister lines, thank you! But it seems like they're missing a few unit types when combined. I couldn't see any melee cavalry, archer (not crossbow) or normal spear infantry (though there is a pike line and also a shielded mace infantry line). Are you guys also planning to add "northern" and "southern" mercenary archetype sometime in the future, presumably with southern having melee cavalry and maybe foot skirmishers, northern having shield infantry and archers?

By the way what is this suddenly with troops fleeing although they were clearly on the winning side? For example in a small skirmish I got two troops marked as retreated although I had no deaths on my side.

I think there was a bug that prevented height (and weight?) parameters from properly taking effect. If this is the cause of the change, not everyone should be smaller - just some folks.
Thanks. That explains a lot actually. By the way, do you know if and does this have something to do with BodyProperties object "weight" and "build" fields not actually having any effect on anything in the code? Because when I was checking these objects in C# code, for every hero in the game it was just 0.5f and I couldn't seem to figure out what determined someone's height or weight.

As for banners. I find it a little odd that its nobles that are carrying them. I understand why you want to offer them to the player and player clan members, but I feel like AI lords should have a banner bearer with them rather than carrying it themselves? Noble doing the hard work is a bit odd imo.
What @Julio-Claudian said. You equip the hero with the banner but it's a regular troop that belongs to the formation they're in command of in the mission that carries it.

What @Julio-Claudian said. You equip the hero with the banner but it's a regular troop that belongs to the formation they're in command of in the mission that carries it.
Last i heard enemy AI captains dont get assigned to formations and thus dont apply their captains stats, is this the same for banners for enemy AI? (i.e. if i fight an enemy army, will each of their formations have banners from their assigned captains or do they still not have assigned captains and thus no banners besides the commanders formation) Haven't gotten to test myself as im running a snowball test.

For context.
The parts of code that calculate perk effects don't check if it is player or AI. As long as there is a captain of formation, it works. However I couldn't find anywhere that assigns captains to AI formations.
Thanks for taking a look.

@Duh_TaleWorlds @Dejan is there any reason why AI armies aren't getting assigned captains (besides the code not existing)? Like is this just an oversight or intentional? This means that players have a huge advantage compare to their AI enemies since they dont even get any captain perks which can make a huge difference in a battle (extra health, no retreating, extra damage, etc.).
Never got an answer to the above.

Last edited:
By the way what is this suddenly with troops fleeing although they were clearly on the winning side? For example in a small skirmish I got two troops marked as retreated although I had no deaths on my side.
Do troops get timed out like the player if they stay outside the map boundaries for too long? In my last run in 1.8, a lot of my battles wound up at the map edge with my troops going back and forth into the red zone to get at the enemy. Then I'd see in the after-battle report that a bunch of my guys routed even though we were dominating the whole battle, so I assumed that those guys got stuck outside the boundaries and didn't actually flee, but maybe I was wrong.

I'm noticing a huge performance increase. It used to take 1-2 seconds for menus to load normally when I play on my HDD, now, even with cheat mode, it loads so much faster. Great job!
I noticed it too. I have my game on ssd and not usually an issue (except inventory with cheats on, that now opens maybe in 0.3 sec instead of 0.8 xd) but for me it's a huge performance uplift in battle. Plenty more fps and much more consistent, much smaller frame drops on troops spawn & clash, as well as when fast forwarding battle.

Back
Top Bottom