Beta Patch Notes e1.9.0

Users who are viewing this thread

F for @MostBlunted
Im shocked they havent banned me, I think my criticism has been just as bad at times
Your criticism is constructive, where Blunted's usually wasn't, because he was fed up with the deeply flawed state of the game.

Whether that is justified or not will be apparent in another year when we see whether Bannerlord is actually fixed by then or not. If we go another year and voting, tribute, troop AI, workshops/economy, skill leveling, surrender, minor factions, personality traits, lord relations, arrow damage to armor, troop balance etc are still seriously flawed/nonfunctional, and planned features are still missing, then we will know he was right to be flinging ****. Hopefully that does not come about.

I will be making a bug report but wanted everyone to know asap so you dont lose companions with this bug
*Update* We think when their relations drops below -10 they would talk to you and ask to change things so we think that is just being skipped and just dismissing them

Hah hah, good thing all the wanderers in my game are garbage, I have to use family only to hold parties. I've never had such a bad bunch of wanderers, not a swift or spice vendor or exile to be found.

Well now that i have played 1.9 i have to say this:
Tournament rewards are a bit too good. (tune them down a little bit).
Battle loot is absolutely ridiculous right now and i like it (but also tune it down a little bit as well).
and lastly the horses feel a bit weird i don't know how to explain it but they do.

Overall this is a very good patch!

Oh classic, once the guys gone and can't say nothin'n back everyone's got something to say.
LOL like there is anything that clown didn't say in the last year? You can consider him a champion of the downtrodden critics of the game, and i'm not defending Taleworlds and their largely poor communication with the community, but his posts and the incessant toxicity it created likely contributed to their lack of desire to engage with the community. This forum has not been a positive space for discussion, integration of criticism, and partnership between the dev team and posters in a way remotely resembling what early access should be. Blame for that does not lie singularly with the dev team, even if it's ultimately their product/community to manage.

@cuce I've got to say, even though I love the new mercenary units, there's still the issue of availability. I think we should be able to hire 10-25 units from the tavern at once rather than 2-10(?) units like it is now. The scale of the game is so much larger than warband and mercenary units need to become more convenient to hire.
availability was also increased, let me check the numbers again

@cuce you need to spice up the world map. Those new texture are nice and all, but they don't bring anything to the gameplay loop. We interact with the world but it has a handful of options thus making it really boring, it's only battles and nothing else, sure you can trade and travell, but why bother the meat is in the battles only and that rubs out really fast. There is no meaningful interactions with the npcs and no real meaningful diplomacy. We need the world to also interact with us, the players.

Battle loot is absolutely ridiculous right now and i like it (but also tune it down a little bit as well).
well it is absolutely ridiculous
i stopped my run in 1.9.0
tune em down all the way as they were before (on the hardest setting)
i checked 3 times if i missed a setting and i am playing on very easy
there is no challenge with this good of a loot on hard

Just reinforcing that, of all things, PC and NPC portrait ( eg Saved Campaigns page, encyclopaedia page, character skills, inventory ... ) heads are now depicted weirdly too small ( ie proportionately to their body) in 1.9 beta.
I expect this will be normalised for 1.9 live.

Last edited:
Devs should do smtg about bandits being in majority horse faces and similar degeneracies. And please, get rid of that ridiculous fancy d'Artagnan mustache + goatee face hair 🤦‍♂️

LOL like there is anything that clown didn't say in the last year? You can consider him a champion of the downtrodden critics of the game, and i'm not defending Taleworlds and their largely poor communication with the community, but his posts and the incessant toxicity it created likely contributed to their lack of desire to engage with the community. This forum has not been a positive space for discussion, integration of criticism, and partnership between the dev team and posters in a way remotely resembling what early access should be. Blame for that does not lie singularly with the dev team, even if it's ultimately their product/community to manage.
Eh, Blunted went through many phases mostly dependent on how active devs were in the forum. Whenever there was interaction with Devs he was always respectful and constructive, he really only turned sour whenever we got radio silence on issues.

It's interesting to look back on the past two and a half years. You can really separate it into pre-mexxico blunted, mexxico blunted, post-mexxico blunted.

Pre-mexxico blunted was by far the most toxic and vitriolic phase as the game was missing like 3/4's of the thing we were promised and half working with constant bugs and crashes. This is when blunted and I were essentially mortal enemies with him ****ting on bannerlord constantly and I being a white knight advocating for patience, Soon™ and Hope™.
oxN4K.png

Then came the Mexxico blunted which was a total 180, even blunted could see how mex was working closely with the community to improve the game. This is when blunted became constructive and even I defended him when people would **** on him for his previous toxic behavior.
rEl9o.png

Then came the dark days of post-mexxico Blunted when dev interaction became more about issue fixing and less about theoretical design collaboration to improve the game in the ways the community saw issues in (with a few exceptions like armor which was more of a compromise rather than collaboration). This period is when you saw most of the positive forum posters become inactive or descend into darkness.

You may be right that the toxic environment probably contributed to their lack of engagement, but all I know is one dev threw himself into the toxic cesspool and completely change the dynamic of the forum and purified it for a time. To the devs that have thrown themselves into the pool, you know who you are, you have my respect and gratitude.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Does Blunted deserve the ban? Depends on if he broke any forum rules, I wasn't paying close enough attention to see anything ban worthy. Regardless I know he loves the game and wanted it to be better.

F.

I've spent some hours on vanilla 1.9.0, first time playing in months. Here are some things that jumped out at me, some of which are known issues:

- Workshops suck. Even when trying to make a reasonable guess about the market in a city, income is all over the place. Fairly often ranges from 0 - 150 for the same product, even in times of peace. Considering that caravans are not viable and we're artificially limited on the number of workshops we can own, this really needs to be addressed. It really adds tedium to have to constantly chase low level loot to have an income stream.

- Companions are not being assigned to the correct troop type.

- Why does the campaign prevent me from getting married after I have talked to the 10 people? Makes no sense and I'll have to restart a playthrough.

- We need some relief on Smithing. Either count non-settlement time as rest or give us a way to wait until rested. I know there mods that do this but I am testing vanilla.

- The old way of being able to assign specific troops or companions to a group that I would like to keep in the rear with the gear is missed. Very useful for keeping troops safe that I don't want in the battle.

- I personally don't find the order of battle interface to be very useful. 90% of the time I am engaging an enemy that is going to go run and turtle up somewhere so placement means very little. Even if they are going to charge me, the available terrain in range is so limited it doesn't provide much of an advantage.

- Still missing interesting companions.

- Still missing interesting courting.

- Still missing feasts.

- Still missing interesting relationships with lords.

- Banner editor still embarrassingly bad.

- Lots of quests I still just categorically ignore because they are out of balance in terms of the negative results.

- I am getting an error related to mesh every time I close the game

- Only one CTD and one graphical anomaly requiring a restart. Not bad.

That's it off the top of my head. I'll add to this after a restart.

I hope MostBlunted finds some peace after all these years of slandering. Man, most of us have grown up together from excitement to hatred to a little hope and then to a complete life sucking void, which is the result of this EA ending into an average/mediocre game. I even made a second account after deleting the first one when I thought things were getting better, how dumb I was. I guess now it's a good time to leave the game for good, and let modders work for a couple of years and make some glorious stuff. GG taleworlds, you took the best of us smh

- We need some relief on Smithing. Either count non-settlement time as rest or give us a way to wait until rested. I know there mods that do this but I am testing vanilla.
My suggestion for this would be to do away with crafting stamina completely and make crafting take time.

Well now that i have played 1.9 i have to say this:
and lastly the horses feel a bit weird i don't know how to explain it but they do.

Overall this is a very good patch!

What is wrong with tournaments? As far I am seeing in my new playthrough, the reward is the same.

- Workshops suck. Even when trying to make a reasonable guess about the market in a city, income is all over the place. Fairly often ranges from 0 - 150 for the same product, even in times of peace. Considering that caravans are not viable and we're artificially limited on the number of workshops we can own, this really needs to be addressed. It really adds tedium to have to constantly chase low level loot to have an income stream.
I agree with all the other issues you've written, but according to Flesson19's new video, caravans are very viable in 1.9. Workshops are a mixed bag, because they're not really good "passive" income. You need to be very observant with your workshop selections and need to be relatively active in checking the production in the same and neighbouring towns (maybe once pear year?), your output can't also be too profitable, just decently profitable, otherwise caravans will flood the market with the supply of the same goods from other towns and cause your workshops to make no profit.

What is wrong with tournaments? As far I am seeing in my new playthrough, the reward is the same.

I didn't see anything unusual either but I only checked once in early game. As usual, I found that it is pretty difficult to compete early game with low skills and cheap equipment. Historically, the problem I experienced with tournaments was that by the time you could compete you didn't really need them.

Back
Top Bottom