Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

yeah things can get tough, but its the job, and to keep the community in the dark is by far my biggest complaint. Waiting weeks with no response to major issue and not knowing anything is really uncalled for. Think for a moment how tough is this...once a week, someone writes a sentence or 2 in a thread with no responses allowed to avoid haters/trolls. Here is my example, ""The defection bug failed testing so we are still working on it, A hot fix is still waiting as we want to include that as it is critical. 1.8.1 has begun early testing and is still 2-4 weeks away at the minimum."" that there would take someone less than 5 minutes to do just once a week and would tell the community virtually all they need to know. My question, is something like that really that hard to do for people you want test and spend 10X longer submitting bug reports and files for fixes. We should be a team working together and the communication feels one sided.

yeah things can get tough, but its the job, and to keep the community in the dark is by far my biggest complaint. Waiting weeks with no response to major issue and not knowing anything is really uncalled for. Think for a moment how tough is this...once a week, someone writes a sentence or 2 in a thread with no responses allowed to avoid haters/trolls. Here is my example, ""The defection bug failed testing so we are still working on it, A hot fix is still waiting as we want to include that as it is critical. 1.8.1 has begun early testing and is still 2-4 weeks away at the minimum."" that there would take someone less than 5 minutes to do just once a week and would tell the community virtually all they need to know. My question, is something like that really that hard to do for people you want test and spend 10X longer submitting bug reports and files for fixes. We should be a team working together and the communication feels one sided.
The Vision™

I guess that in their defence, it's hard to communicate when there's no meaningful news/updates to communicate. I do wonder if the level of disorganisation is that high that they truly don't know anything and thus can't report anything.

The main issue lies with the project itself and the expectations that it generated, fueled by all the info fed to the community before the EA release and its description as well as it's very optimistic release date for the final version.

6ppes3.jpg

sry taleworlds i had to.

I see Korays branch again. I am assuming its either testing the defection rate or console. But for defection let me help you guys since I have done 22 hours of testing The issues is with location. That is what is causing the rate to go up. Example, I have a sturgian lord, a town right next to one he owned and his daily defection rate went to 2.3%. I took it away and have to an Empire culture vassal who owned a fief across the map and both were happy. As stated earlier by the devs, geography plays a huge role in defection which is totally the wrong thing. Relation, how many fiefs the own and their overall wealth should play bigger roles than that. It seems very simple, either intended or not the code was changed and geography plays way too big of a role in the game now. I never have defections as using the encyclopedia extender I can see when a lord hates a fief so I just take away and give to someone else till they like it. I know relation and money do play a role don't get me wrong, I have tested it, but geography should not be the #1 factor. It seems quite simple, reduce that part of the defection code and let us test it. Or heck as I have said give me the branch and ill sit and do 10 hours of testing for you with video. Change that part of the code so it isn't as powerful and I bet most issues will be fine. @SadShogun @Dejan

Last edited:
I see Korays branch again. I am assuming its either testing the defection rate or console. But for defection let me help you guys since I have done 22 hours of testing The issues is with location. That is what is causing the rate to go up. Example, I have a sturgian lord, a town right next to one he owned and his daily defection rate went to 2.3%. I took it away and have to an Empire culture vassal who owned a fief across the map and both were happy. As stated earlier by the devs, geography plays a huge role in defection which is totally the wrong thing. Relation, how many fiefs the own and their overall wealth should play bigger roles than that. It seems very simple, either intended or not the code was changed and geography plays way too big of a role in the game now. I never have defections as using the encyclopedia extender I can see when a lord hates a fief so I just take away and give to someone else till they like it. I know relation and money do play a role don't get me wrong, I have tested it, but geography should not be the #1 factor. It seems quite simple, reduce that part of the defection code and let us test it. Or heck as I have said give me the branch and ill sit and do 10 hours of testing for you with video. Change that part of the code so it isn't as powerful and I best most issues will be fine. @SadShogun @Dejan
Yeah, relation should be much more important. It's extremely counter-intuitive that I do quests for clan leaders, and marry off my clan members to theirs, and raise relation with them to 100, only for it to have almost no impact on whether they will join/stay with my faction or vote on my policies.

I see Korays branch again. I am assuming its either testing the defection rate or console. But for defection let me help you guys since I have done 22 hours of testing The issues is with location. That is what is causing the rate to go up. Example, I have a sturgian lord, a town right next to one he owned and his daily defection rate went to 2.3%. I took it away and have to an Empire culture vassal who owned a fief across the map and both were happy. As stated earlier by the devs, geography plays a huge role in defection which is totally the wrong thing. Relation, how many fiefs the own and their overall wealth should play bigger roles than that. It seems very simple, either intended or not the code was changed and geography plays way too big of a role in the game now. I never have defections as using the encyclopedia extender I can see when a lord hates a fief so I just take away and give to someone else till they like it. I know relation and money do play a role don't get me wrong, I have tested it, but geography should not be the #1 factor. It seems quite simple, reduce that part of the defection code and let us test it. Or heck as I have said give me the branch and ill sit and do 10 hours of testing for you with video. Change that part of the code so it isn't as powerful and I bet most issues will be fine. @SadShogun @Dejan
Koray Kiyakoglu did a devblog on multiplayer servers in 2017. Its something to do with the servers that he tests separately probably. All those regular beta and base tests are probably those that are testing defection rates

Back
Top Bottom