Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

It has been a while since a hotfix and over a month since 1.8 dropped. Will we get banners at least in the next beta version? It's been awfully quiet around here.

Thanks...
but it is a lie... I just want a patch... I know... it's bad...
Don't lie that our wedding is a lie

How could you
giphy.gif

Hi. Quick question. I just came back to this game and when I tried to download the update I got an error like an .exe file was missing or something. Closed it too quick by accident. Tried to verify game files but it was stuck at 0%, so I restarted Steam. Now it's asking me to download a 31.7 GB update.

Is this real or did I break my game? Isn't 31.7GB the size of the original download? I mean, if the update is really this big then I don't mind. I just want to make sure.

I would say you "broke the game" and Steam now needs a full install. Anyway I don´t think there is an easy solution that´s faster than to just download the 32 GB.

I would say you "broke the game" and Steam now needs a full install. Anyway I don´t think there is an easy solution that´s faster than to just download the 32 GB.
Alright. But redownloading this 32GB is not going to make a "garbage" right? As in the old file will still be wrongly stored or something. I've never had this kind of problem before.

Alright. But redownloading this 32GB is not going to make a "garbage" right? As in the old file will still be wrongly stored or something. I've never had this kind of problem before.
I don´t know, you could check your Steam folder and delete all remaining Bannerlord files manually (if there are any left) and then reinstall again.

I don´t know, you could check your Steam folder and delete all remaining Bannerlord files manually (if there are any left) and then reinstall again.
Alright. I just checked the folder and it's empty despite Steam saying 42GB on disk. Might have been because I uninstalled the modding tool a while back? What an annoying hassle. The game better be good now. Thanks for the info.

Alright. I just checked the folder and it's empty despite Steam saying 42GB on disk. Might have been because I uninstalled the modding tool a while back? What an annoying hassle. The game better be good now. Thanks for the info.
Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.
I see. Seems like there was an issue in the past huh. A bit too late for me to uninstall because I've downloaded 6 gigs already, but I'll check those folders after it's done downloading. Thanks.

I see. Seems like there was an issue in the past huh. A bit too late for me to uninstall because I've downloaded 6 gigs already, but I'll check those folders after it's done downloading. Thanks.
At first try to just launch the game when the installation is complete, I guess it will work.

Don't get your hopes up. It's a bit of a ****show. They have greatly improved performance but gameplay itself, in my opinion, has not substantially improved in EA. They're nibbling at the edges with improvements but it's sort of a 2 steps forward and 1-3 steps backward cycle.

I personally think the team leadership is in way over their heads and they don't know how to make the game anything more than mediocre. Right now, there are some game breaking issues and lots of missing features.

When was the last time a dev posted or engaged with the community?
I only know the next time they´ll post some information:

“When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east," Callum said sadly. "When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When my womb quickens again, and I bear a living child. Then I will return, my sun-and-stars, and not before." - Callum

@Dejan
Hi, do you happen to know which xml file contains the "preferred upgrade path" for lords? I've been looking for a few days and couldn't find it.

Back
Top Bottom