Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

I think Flesson's main issue with the workshops is that the cost to buy them was raised in 1.8.0 rather than the returns they give? At least I think I remember seeing something like that on a forum thread here.
yeah, exactly, you make them more volatile and double the price

I try to be smart though and buy up competing workshops in neighboring towns to change their production. I dont know if it matters though. The three jewelers I have are in Rovalt, Ostican, and Car Banseth.

Workshops are easy mode in 1.8.
yes this tactic is amazing as you are making a monopoly on goods, part of the video I made, when none are around then it drives up the local price which is very smart

yeah, exactly, you make them more volatile and double the price

I think its in a much better place now. It keeps every player from having to own 6 wool weavers.

I like the diversity of having multiple different options to be successful and that you can do it inside the borders of any small kingdom.

Personally, I prefer the trade off. Higher start-up costs for 3 times the profit on various different goods is a great change.

I can afford a much larger army right from the start now and it scales better as well.

i can confirm this.
not saying that the current economy of the workshops is balanced or whatever fine.
but overall i think it's better to say good bye to a static "buy that workshop there and you will be fine. proof is i idled in calradia for 10 years." kind of approach 🤷‍♂️ most of the complains i read is about people not willing to adapt and crying around that the common approach aint working anymore. i also cried a thousand of tears for a couple of days.
but think about the positive sides. this could open up the path for workshop levels and workshops competing against each other just like it was promised before EA.
unknown.png

/courtesy of cursed envy

You are making 670 from a brewery!? so 770 before wage, base production speed is 7 beers a day, having both perks would make it 10 beers a day so you are selling beers 77 a piece while supplying 10 of them daily.
Looking at code beer has 23 normal demand and 20 luxury demand. That would mean a 6k prosperity town would have 110 normal, 60 luxury, 170 total demand. Or roughly 2-3 beers a day considering increased demand due to lower than base price.
So you are supplying 10 beers daily to a town that probably has less than half of that as a demand and still the price is 77 per one? Can you upload your save to google drive or something?

You are making 670 from a brewery!? so 770 before wage, base production speed is 7 beers a day, having both perks would make it 10 beers a day so you are selling beers 77 a piece while supplying 10 of them daily.
Looking at code beer has 23 normal demand and 20 luxury demand. That would mean a 6k prosperity town would have 110 normal, 60 luxury, 170 total demand. Or roughly 2-3 beers a day considering increased demand due to lower than base price.
So you are supplying 10 beers daily to a town that probably has less than half of that as a demand and still the price is 77 per one? Can you upload your save to google drive or something?
Sharp-eyed!
All your posts are really interesting to read(y)

i need to see if i have it. this savefile is not belonging to me, anyway i try my best to get hands on it or reproduce it. or anyone else who is not having problems with it could provide it?! there is no magic in there anyway. it's exactly how flesson already explained to you guys. you can get there for yourself.
Sharp-eyed!
All your posts are really interesting to read(y)
ye so sharp eyed that he is stunned about a 600 denar brewery but isnt seeing the 800 denar one 🤭

he is forcing his subjects to become alcoholics 😄

he is forcing his subjects to become alcoholics 😄
this is also why the ai behaves strange from time to time but 🤫
oh..
I was working late on a hobby game statistics stuff. Recording wars, rebellions, defections and their causes etc.
no worries iam also on something else right now. you will be the first to know as soon as i can provide a savefile
iam just not sure why you do all of that stuff. why any of us is digging so deep. you know at best that people should actually get paid for you know.. QA.

iam just not sure why you do all of that stuff. why any of us is digging so deep. you know at best that people should actually get paid for you know.. QA.
I think once the updates stop coming and code becomes rather stable, Bannerlord has the potential to be a lot better than Warband thanks to mods. Currently I am not really trying to figure out issues for TW, I explained to the line of the code yet there was no fix. I recorded 110 defections in 15 game years and 22 were due to the bug I explained. And although I didn't count, my expectation is at least half were due to not so good geographical advantage calculation. So seeing that was ignored although being very easy to check (simply put a conditional break point on that method and check when it returns anything above 10m), I decided I rather focus on modding the game. So I am checking what issues are there to fix with the mod. And also to know if my mod is performing better, I need to gather data on vanilla and see how much it is improved.

I think once the updates stop coming and code becomes rather stable, Bannerlord has the potential to be a lot better than Warband thanks to mods.
i hope and highly believe bannerlord is going to be awesome even without mods. i love the game, but the EA seems like a mess right now and iam slightly disappointed and concerned. to say the least.

anyway why should you or anyone dive your head deep into something which HAS to be fixed/polished/ironed out by the developers anyway? like this is clearly not working out. no matter if we are talking modded or vanilla BL; it cannot stay that way. it starts with lord defection and ends with economy.

Last edited:
Well this isn't an in depth test or anything but I loaded my games from when I first started having defection issues and let them run for a good while, say 100 days or so, a few times and I did not have any clan defect. I'm still a little apprehensive about continuing these saves but I'm at least hopeful that this change to old calculation will solve it. This is a large, stable, 17 clan faction that can defend itself and grow even with me waiting AFK indefinitely, there's no reasonable reason any clan would wish to to leave it.

Instead of these nonsensical defections, I'd like to see at least few stubborn, ambitious lords, who want to pursue their own happiness and separate by creating their own kingdom. AI lord with mindset of player.

Back
Top Bottom