Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Well... one more week and nothing new under the sun... I share with you this golden pearl...

a bit of laughter in the midst of so much tragedy :iamamoron:.

Is there any release date, when 1,8 patch will come out of beta? Thanks!
It works a little bit different here, TW won´t say when something will be ready, best they can do is telling us when something isn´t ready!

So tomorrow they might say "Not today" and usually around wednesday/thursady they´ll say "Not this week", if they say anything at all.

Caravans and workshop don't seem to work :sad:
From someone who has made a decent rep for having a workshop video and getting a ton of views, When that person says don't waste your time on workshops. That says something. Workshops were hurt bad in 1.8 in 2 ways making them junk. Unless you get the right shop and know how to manage it, they are a waste, unless you got the artisan community perk.

back in 1.5.6 dev mexxico had caravans perfect and workshops were coming along but with the new economy everything it out of balance and passive income has become useless for the most part in Bannerlord since it was a great way to help fund your early game. But ill take that 30K for the shop that might give me 200-300 a day and grab some horses, sell it for 2X-4X times that, get some gear and a decent army and make 10x-50X times that as a merc. A great game always has options, it doesn't force you down one path. Bannerlord has now done that. It will take a lot of work to fix the 1.8 economy issues for caravans and workshops and I worry the devs just wont be able to as it took me about 6 months working with mexxico to get things somewhat normal. Can the devs commit to that now? Sadly what I keep saying comes true, you need to mod to fix thing and that would be the workshop mod as it let you buy your own goods to store at a cheap price to make profit but the 1.8 economy that's only half the issue. With the new dynamic workshop system, your shop could be flooded with others around it driving the prices down. Which again makes shop useless for reliable passive income. As for caravans, they are terrible early on as the economy needs to stabilize for them to make decent profit. Once the economy stabilizes around day 250-350 then they can start making money and by day 500 they are pretty good, but who wants to wait till then to get income when your fighting for it and caravans are a recipe for disaster when at war since they walk right into enemy territory to get captured, The I in AI is not there for caravans. I know the devs get frustrated by comments like these then use it as an excuse to clam up and not talk to use. But when you make huge changes that destroy features in the game, Don't ask the community who plays the game thousands of hours more than you do and trust your own internal testing compared to someone who tests it multiple times to for 10-100 years because you think you know more, then this is what happens. People get frustrated and you get situations like these. Workshops and caravans are nearly in the worst places they have ever been in Bannerlord. People want passive income early game. workshops, too expensive and very unpredictable unless your seriously micro manage, caravans with unstable economy making 100 a days is common for the first 100-200 days. Those are terrible risk and investments to make early game when people are looking for that passive income to help fund their early party. Yep keep reading, this is my only area of what I can call expertise in the game, workshops, caravans, economy and I know a lot about it as I have spent around 2,000 hours just being a trader. Making this massive of a change this late into early access was a bad mistake as a lot of work is needed if it is to be fixed right, that is if they even think there is a problem. I could just make another 30 minute rant video again if the moderators don't like what I have to say here since I am talking about the 1.8 patch. let me know I can just do it on Youtube instead.
Like I have been saying for over a year, TW I am here to help test. I offer my services. Give me the update and I will test it all in 48-72 hours and find thing your internal team will miss constantly. You have an asset right here to use and help you, but like the past year, my words will fall on deaf ears and we will just wait for them to scramble for 2-6 weeks to fix game breaking bugs/crashes/changes.
For those that say quit the game if you don't like it, because I've heard it, I love the game. I would say i have more hours into it than anyone on the planet(No joke) but that doesn't mean I am happy with how it is being run or implemented. Everyone gets frustrated, even the devs and they know it, but that doesn't mean you quit......."It means you work harder"

From someone who has made a decent rep for having a workshop video and getting a ton of views, When that person says don't waste your time on workshops. That says something. Workshops were hurt bad in 1.8 in 2 ways making them junk. Unless you get the right shop and know how to manage it, they are a waste, unless you got the artisan community perk.

I've got 5 workshops and all of them average between 400-600....seems pretty good to me.

I've got 5 workshops and all of them average between 400-600....seems pretty good to me.
Video? Screenshots? Version of your game? Are you using mods? Which locations are your workshops in? Are you taking into account the money you had to spend to get those workshops and how many years they will take to pay off the investment, versus just ignoring workshops entirely and grinding battles?

If only a handful of workshops in the entire game are worth bothering with, there's a problem.

@Flesson19 spends a lot of time testing workshops and posting video proof of how their overall cost:benefit balancing is bad, so if you're going to say he's wrong you should provide more evidence than just "looks fine lol".

back in 1.5.6 dev mexxico had caravans perfect and workshops were coming along but with the new economy everything it out of balance and passive income has become useless for the most part in Bannerlord since it was a great way to help fund your early game. But ill take that 30K for the shop that might give me 200-300 a day and grab some horses, sell it for 2X-4X times that, get some gear and a decent army and make 10x-50X times that as a merc. A great game always has options, it doesn't force you down one path. Bannerlord has now done that. It will take a lot of work to fix the 1.8 economy issues for caravans and workshops and I worry the devs just wont be able to as it took me about 6 months working with mexxico to get things somewhat normal. Can the devs commit to that now? Sadly what I keep saying comes true, you need to mod to fix thing and that would be the workshop mod as it let you buy your own goods to store at a cheap price to make profit but the 1.8 economy that's only half the issue. With the new dynamic workshop system, your shop could be flooded with others around it driving the prices down. Which again makes shop useless for reliable passive income. As for caravans, they are terrible early on as the economy needs to stabilize for them to make decent profit. Once the economy stabilizes around day 250-350 then they can start making money and by day 500 they are pretty good, but who wants to wait till then to get income when your fighting for it and caravans are a recipe for disaster when at war since they walk right into enemy territory to get captured, The I in AI is not there for caravans. I know the devs get frustrated by comments like these then use it as an excuse to clam up and not talk to use. But when you make huge changes that destroy features in the game, Don't ask the community who plays the game thousands of hours more than you do and trust your own internal testing compared to someone who tests it multiple times to for 10-100 years because you think you know more, then this is what happens. People get frustrated and you get situations like these. Workshops and caravans are nearly in the worst places they have ever been in Bannerlord. People want passive income early game. workshops, too expensive and very unpredictable unless your seriously micro manage, caravans with unstable economy making 100 a days is common for the first 100-200 days. Those are terrible risk and investments to make early game when people are looking for that passive income to help fund their early party. Yep keep reading, this is my only area of what I can call expertise in the game, workshops, caravans, economy and I know a lot about it as I have spent around 2,000 hours just being a trader. Making this massive of a change this late into early access was a bad mistake as a lot of work is needed if it is to be fixed right, that is if they even think there is a problem. I could just make another 30 minute rant video again if the moderators don't like what I have to say here since I am talking about the 1.8 patch. let me know I can just do it on Youtube instead.
Like I have been saying for over a year, TW I am here to help test. I offer my services. Give me the update and I will test it all in 48-72 hours and find thing your internal team will miss constantly. You have an asset right here to use and help you, but like the past year, my words will fall on deaf ears and we will just wait for them to scramble for 2-6 weeks to fix game breaking bugs/crashes/changes.
For those that say quit the game if you don't like it, because I've heard it, I love the game. I would say i have more hours into it than anyone on the planet(No joke) but that doesn't mean I am happy with how it is being run or implemented. Everyone gets frustrated, even the devs and they know it, but that doesn't mean you quit......."It means you work harder"
+1

Ive played 1000 hours since release and this is the worst state I can remember Workshops, Caravans and Trading being in.

Taleworlds being like...

24d51562-5013-4c88-a10a-068bea51ce8b-profile_image-300x300.png

Video? Screenshots? Version of your game? Are you using mods? Which locations are your workshops in? Are you taking into account the money you had to spend to get those workshops and how many years they will take to pay off the investment, versus just ignoring workshops entirely and grinding battles?

If only a handful of workshops in the entire game are worth bothering with, there's a problem.

@Flesson19 spends a lot of time testing workshops and posting video proof of how their overall cost:benefit balancing is bad, so if you're going to say he's wrong you should provide more evidence than just "looks fine lol".

I'm not going to post screenshots to teach other people how to play the game.

I'm playing 1.8 vanilla. Every workshop I've opened makes 200 at a minimum. The five I've settled on are rock stars: 3 silversmiths, one winery, and a pottery shop.

I've also had good success with tanneries and wood workshops in 1.8 as well. Both of the made 300-400 consistently.

I try to be smart though and buy up competing workshops in neighboring towns to change their production. I dont know if it matters though. The three jewelers I have are in Rovalt, Ostican, and Car Banseth.

Workshops are easy mode in 1.8.

Last edited:
Workshops are easy mode in 1.8.
I can infer from the location and amount of workshops that you are still early in the game and are likely a vassal(this doesn't matter) and are before the economic stabilization post day 300 that is is blamed for tanking the workshop profits.
I try to be smart though and buy up competing workshops in neighboring towns to change their production. I dont know if it matters though. The three jewelers I have are in Rovalt, Ostican, and Car Banseth.
Any single moment spent going to buy out another shop or anything could be used to defeat a party and make more profit. If you're spending any additional campaign time ever on anything regarding workshops or caravans, they've already failed at their job.
+💯 I remember in the early days of 1.8 you telling me to keep buying the silver jewelry and stuff to keep my workshop profit high and it just didn't feel right to have to keep doing it. I never did sell that jewelry either, still sits in my storage.

My oldest child is 12, I formed my own kingdom, and am way past day 300.

It wasn't a waste of time to buy profitable workshops. I own the towns those workshops are in so it was super easy to buy them as I took the towns for myself. I own 6 towns and all of my workshops are within my own kingdom.

I dont understand the people complaining about this. I dont have to open wool weavers in Khuzait lands now. Everything I've opened is way more profitable and I didnt even have to try hard.

My winery in Dunglanys makes 500 and it isnt even blessed with an abundance of grapes.

My oldest child is 12, I formed my own kingdom, and am way past day 300.

It wasn't a waste of time to buy profitable workshops. I own the towns those workshops are in so it was super easy to buy them as I took the towns for myself. I own 6 towns and all of my workshops are within my own kingdom.

I dont understand the people complaining about this. I dont have to open wool weavers in Khuzait lands now. Everything I've opened is way more profitable and I didnt even have to try hard.

My winery in Dunglanys makes 500 and it isnt even blessed with an abundance of grapes.
i can confirm this.
not saying that the current economy of the workshops is balanced or whatever fine.
but overall i think it's better to say good bye to a static "buy that workshop there and you will be fine. proof is i idled in calradia for 10 years." kind of approach 🤷‍♂️ most of the complains i read is about people not willing to adapt and crying around that the common approach aint working anymore. i also cried a thousand of tears for a couple of days.
but think about the positive sides. this could open up the path for workshop levels and workshops competing against each other just like it was promised before EA.
unknown.png

/courtesy of cursed envy

Last edited:
Talewords as a team/company has the worst communication I've ever seen. Completely taking for granted the community that has supported them for years.

Instead of taking 30 seconds out of their day to provide any updates whatsoever, they consistently ghost us. I've never seen anything like this and it's frankly embarrassing. What a poor disservice to the devs and fans of the series. The 'Community Manager' should be humiliated. It's like a playbook or textbook example of how NOT to build a community and/or strong relationships.

With the economy system you need to check the area and the town your in, the local average and global average. One workshop for 1 person can make 600 and then next person 0. It just requires a little investigating but I follow my own workshop video then I follow steps I laid out in this video and I never have problem with shops. When people say I make 0 I just link this and nothing else

I think Flesson's main issue with the workshops is that the cost to buy them was raised in 1.8.0 rather than the returns they give? At least I think I remember seeing something like that on a forum thread here.

Back
Top Bottom