Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Or, just an idea, do what Total War games do when you expand without a proper investment, corruption mechanic. Forcing AI lords to go back to patrolling their settlements can help with snowballing too.
Lords can go full criminal empire when they don't recieve any town or castle. They can start doing shady businesses and own parts of town with gangs and contraband.

@SadShogun
I think it would be 10000X better if the vassal just gets mad when they don't have a fief and after a certain amount of time they leave the faction, say 30 days. No % chances. Just make them leave the defeated faction and stay in the healthy factions, until they have no fief. Or if you must have some other means of defection, make it 100% transparent, interactive and preventable.
+1

I think it would be 10000X better if the vassal just gets mad when they don't have a fief and after a certain amount of time they leave the faction, say 30 days. No % chances. Just make them leave the defeated faction and stay in the healthy factions, until they have no fief. Or if you must have some other means of defection, make it 100% transparent, interactive and preventable.

i see this idea would actually work out, if relation would have a higher impact. after 30 days without a settlement relation is starting to drop. if relation stays low, clan starts to defect. that is giving both the player and the ai more options to keep the vasall even when going through rough times. if you cant give him a settlement, then you have to make the vasall happy in a different way. with brothels, for example =) .

Last edited:
The AI will now consider only the town's and castle's bound villages when determining which workshops to open. It will likewise consider only the primary products of those villages. For instance, in the current version of the game, all villages produce a small amount of grain, even if the grain is not their primary product. So game mostly opens inefficient brewery workshops at the beginning of the campaign. We decided to consider only the primary products of villages instead of all their products while selecting workshops. With this change, we will improve the efficiency of workshops and reduce the number of bankruptcies.

If a town or castle is conquered by an enemy or a natural kingdom, the bound village will now choose a new allied town market to sell its goods. Also, we added extra info to all village and town tooltips to give trade-bound information of bound villages.

The workshop selection is something that occurs at the beginning of the game which means that existing games won't be affected. If a workshop goes bankrupt, however, the game will use the new algorithm to select the new workshop type. The trade-bound selection is dynamic and occurs during runtime so the ongoing saves will be affected by that.
this is why people have a problem making steady income, it is much more difficult now and why workshops cost were doubled makes no sense, profits are lower as the dynamic changes so shops aren't always profitable but yes you double the price to buy one making it take twice as long to break even. Change the buying prices back asap

The workshop selection improvement is now building 2 Silversmiths in a town and driving Jewelry prices down to 200 and lower while Silver is still 80+ due to low supply. Silversmiths were good before hotfix, why did you guys want to ruin that instead of making others better :?::?:

The new workshop selection improvement + double price to buy a shop has killed it to where its not worth it to buy shops. You can get lucky but a lot of times it can take 100-150 days just to get your money back. Not an investment I want to make. At a minimum the prices of shops need to come back down to the 14k-16k. Who wants to pay 30k for a shop that might make a 200 a day because of new system. I have said this before TW, tweak the game. Making 2 changes at once to something can end in disaster. Not sure why you did 2 of these things at once. Make one change and see results, if they are good then leave it, if not then make another "Tweak". That's what it feels like with defections (Just guessing) you tried to Tweak the code and instead went to far. The beta branch is for testing, but how can we test things when you make it almost unplayable. How can I test the late game mechanics when lords leave all the time so I'm fighting just to hold my kingdom not take over the world. "Thank you Lesser Scholars Encyclopedia Extender" At least a mod has allowed me to progress through the late game for the past 5 weeks we have been waiting for a fix. Wouldn't have been this way if we had people test the beta ranch before it's released like I have suggested but people wanted the beta branch for testing and not a few testers catching game breaking bugs/crashes, well hope those people enjoyed 5 weeks unplayable content

Taleworlds...

TW:
giphy.gif

This is indeed correct, while there are other contributing factors to defection the geographical advantage calculation affects the defection scores most. It is a simplified method to measure empire "expanse" i.e. if an empire is spread too thin / if it has "enclaves" etc. but it's simplicity creates some wild values in many unwanted cases.
We are looking into tweaking the geographical advantage modifier to something more stable.
Got an idea for this. Since you want to check if an empire is spread too thin or if it has enclaes etc, why don't you use a proven algorithm such as PageRank? Instead of very simple and issue prone faction middle settlement calculation.
Assume every single settlement in the faction is connected to each other. Then give a multiplier based on distance. Start with a default value of 1 on each settlement. Every iteration, distribute the value a settlement has to connected settlements based on multiplier. After a determined number of iterations, like 20 times, you would have a multiplier for each settlement that basically says how important that settlement is for that faction geographically. Then use that multiplier for total value calculation that includes prosperity etc.

Back
Top Bottom