Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

I hope the developers understand that it is impossible to play sieges due to the fact that NPCs placed by me in positions (during defense) run away from the position, archers stand behind walls and cannot shoot, etc. because of this, I lose sieges and delete the pass save:sad:
What castle/town? As far i have seen you don't need to do anything on sieges, archers and infantry will do their own thing and take position.

Multiplayer updates sound like a ******* joke
We still have non-stop crashing servers for a 3 years
We have not working captain mode
We have huge FPS-stutter issues
Some servers dont even restart after they ended for a time (EU Siege)
We have crazy cloth clipping problems that are already resolved in Singleplayer (sic!)
We dont have access to some very good customisation parts from Singleplayer for some reasons
We still dont have different loadout of perks/weapons for different game modes (because some are working alright in ones but are busted in others)

Yeah sure we will like to have your another VERY important Lobby UI fix! It is what we need these days

Has anyone encountered the situation that your clan parties led by companions just go to a town and sit there forever after they get disbanded from an army and has less than 40% men of their party size? They don't go out to recruit or recruit from the town, just sit idle and do nothing until I give them troops.

Has anyone encountered the situation that your clan parties led by companions just go to a town and sit there forever after they get disbanded from an army and has less than 40% men of their party size? They don't go out to recruit or recruit from the town, just sit idle and do nothing until I give them troops.
no
did you turn recruitment off or are they at the salary cap ?

no
did you turn recruitment off or are they at the salary cap ?
Nope, unlimited. I've already seen someone reported the same issue though. It takes forever for parties to fill their ranks because they keep recruiting from the same settlements and my companion was waiting in a town in rebellious state. I guess it was why she couldn't recruit anyone like forever.

Very low auto generated companion amounts in some campaigns for the player's culture, can we get a boost here? For example I started a Vlandian campaign and only had a black and barrel chest companion option. This is an automatic campaign restart and have to go through the whole character creation over again.

There is some quality of life changes that could fix wanderers in the campaign

• The culture you pick during character creation gets a small boost to the wander pool of your culture like +3
  • Fix the way wanders spawn into the campaign so that you don't get 3+ barrel chest companion clones
  • Allow the player to change wanderers appearance at the barber with all options unlocked

Last edited:
and the mechanics of retreating to the fortress were removed from the game? just how many times I capture castles and cities no one retreats to the citadel

Very low auto generated companion amounts in some campaigns for the player's culture, can we get a boost here? For example I started a Vlandian campaign and only had a black and barrel chest companion option. This is an automatic campaign restart and have to go through the whole character creation over again.

There is some quality of life changes that could fix wanderers in the campaign

• The culture you pick during character creation gets a small boost to the wander pool of you culture like +3
  • Fix the the way wanders spawn into the campaign so that you don't get 3+ barrel chest companion clones
  • Allow the player to change wanderers appearance at the barber with all options unlocked
Noob question if you don't mind. Why is wanderer culture important ? I'm aware of the benefits for being governors... But otherwise - what other stuff am I missing?
Please and thank you.

I have seen strange behavior from normal npc clans as well. They often seem to go to one village and just stay there. I suppose the same could happen at a town too. I wonder if they are just waiting to recruit (maybe fog of war issue?). I'll see them often in the village nearest their castle just sitting for days, but slowly getting more troops. however I often see minor clans sitting at a enemy village for a long time, I don't know if they expect to recruit but can't or if they want to raid but don't have eneough power?
Noob question if you don't mind. Why is wanderer culture important ? I'm aware of the benefits for being governors... But otherwise - what other stuff am I missing?
Please and thank you.
The culture perk, battania or aserai has an effect on movement for party leader and vassals, empire perk effects vassals+, Khuzait perk effects vassal -, sturgian perk effects vassals+, Vlandian perk effects vassals -, and of course matching these vassals matching fiefs for gets around the -3 loyalty.
All in all the wanderer used to make a vassal isn't that important as they spawn good side members and kingdom policies over power cultural miss-matches, but the differences do exist.

The other thing is that the wanderers have different skills and there's not always an equivalent wanderer in every (or even more then 1) culture. For instance the 120 medic skill wanderer is only an aserai scholar, other medics of different cultures have 1/2 the medicine and it's it's a big deal to make up that much medicine skill. Only a few of the wanderer types are really good, many are just junk, so it sucks if your game spawns mostly junk.

and the mechanics of retreating to the fortress were removed from the game? just how many times I capture castles and cities no one retreats to the citadel
I've seen it happen one, maybe two times in 1.8, but yes it isn't common enough. You would think it would happen once every couple of sieges at least to make the feature worth it.

If anything, maybe defenders should always retreat to the keep once they have lost both the gate and the walls and sustained over 75% casualties

That's honestly a very good suggestion @kreamy have you made a suggestion thread for this one?

A faster start like 500K denars and clan tier 4 can save a lot of people time.
I am all for it for players like you
haha, almost immediately after i posted i went out and did that; thanks for the suggestion and participation in the tread!

I guess I´ll never understand how someone wants to skip the fun part of Bannerlord and go straight to the boring endless same battle part.

But I´m a big fan of options so why not. TW could easily add more starting options, at least for the sandbox part.
totally agree, the early game is some of the most rewarding, but also some of the most repetitive (similar to mid/end game if you think about it); its really just because the EA is so long and restarting to get a long progress is tedious (due to player time constraint, or experience in doing so making it a job more than enjoyment)...

I've seen it happen one, maybe two times in 1.8, but yes it isn't common enough. You would think it would happen once every couple of sieges at least to make the feature worth it.

If anything, maybe defenders should always retreat to the keep once they have lost both the gate and the walls and sustained over 75% casualties
Okay, in that case, I'm calm, apparently I was just lucky not to meet resistance in the citadel

Back
Top Bottom