Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello!

I have spent now several hours to fix my mode so that the generic shortcut keys (GenericCampaignPanelsGameKeyCategory) should not be working inside my gauntlet, but I don't find a way to do that (it did work well on 1.7.2).

This is how I set up gauntlet screen:

protected override void OnInitialize()
{
base.OnInitialize();

HotKeyManager.AddAuxiliaryCategory((GameKeyContext)new BankHotkeyCategory());

_dataSource = new BankViewModel();

_gauntletLayer = new GauntletLayer(1, "GauntletLayer")
{
IsFocusLayer = true,
};

_gauntletLayer.LoadMovie("BankScreen", _dataSource);
_gauntletLayer.InputRestrictions.SetInputRestrictions(true, InputUsageMask.All);

LoadingWindow.EnableGlobalLoadingWindow();
_gauntletLayer.Input.RegisterHotKeyCategory(HotKeyManager.GetCategory("BankHotkeyCategory"));

AddLayer(_gauntletLayer);
}

Thanks for any help or pointing me to any documentation.
Solved by using GameStateManager.
Game.Current.GameStateManager.RegisterActiveStateDisableRequest((object)this);

and

protected override void OnFinalize()
{
base.OnFinalize();
Game.Current.GameStateManager.UnregisterActiveStateDisableRequest((object)this);
RemoveLayer((ScreenLayer)this._gauntletLayer);
_gauntletLayer = (GauntletLayer)null;
_dataSource = (BankViewModel)null;
}

Imgur-Memes-des-Jahrzehnts-1579171161-0-0.jpg

Have you already tried turning it off and on again? And you sure it is plugged in?
are you seeing THIS outside your window..?

Did you switch on your screen?
You bastards :lol: What a lack of respect for the elderly....:lol:
The fact is that I previously had W10 installed after a successful migration on my still surviving i7 2600k+8GB+Gtx 1060 6GB rig. From the closed alpha-beta period of 2019 until completed +-one year of EA everything was running on W10... The problem arose after a recent routine formatting... the system fails to complete the migration correctly and stays on w7 due to some unknow hardware ****.

I plan to retire this rig in the very near future... but as with everyone else... irl there are more priority things to deal with first...

A well respected forum member struggles and everyone is helping, faith in humanity restored.
giphy.gif

Thank you for all your unconditional support :lol::iamamoron:
I will try maybe tomorrow and follow the advice to verify the files.

You bastards :lol: What a lack of respect for the elderly....:lol:
The fact is that I previously had W10 installed after a successful migration on my still surviving i7 2600k+8GB+Gtx 1060 6GB rig. From the closed alpha-beta period of 2019 until completed +-one year of EA everything was running on W10... The problem arose after a recent routine formatting... the system fails to complete the migration correctly and stays on w7 due to some unknow hardware ****.

I plan to retire this rig in the very near future... but as with everyone else... irl there are more priority things to deal with first...

giphy.gif

Thank you for all your unconditional support :lol::iamamoron:
I will try maybe tomorrow and follow the advice to verify the files.
I'd also say you really should update from Windows 7. I thought I was out of date on Windows 10. I'm honestly shocked your other games aren't struggling too.

As a Win10 user who only got it because it was bundled with my new PC, I would love to go back to Win7. A vastly more usable operating system than Win10, which frequently tries to do **** to my computer I don't want, and buries all the actual settings behind a bunch of dumb new minimalist menus that have no actual functionality.

I'd also say you really should update from Windows 7. I thought I was out of date on Windows 10. I'm honestly shocked your other games aren't struggling too.
In the spoiler I talk a bit about the situation and background; but I do intend to update in the near future.

@Terco_Viejo

Have you tried a clean W10 install? Sounds like you´ve use a recovery function?
I've tried everything and the truth is that I'm too lazy (and too old for this ****) to waste my free time having to keep track of progress bars :lol:

@Terco_Viejo ive heard bannerlord runs better on Windows vista so maybe try that
Really? I wanted to try with windows 95 floppy diskettes but the cd reader spits them out. :iamamoron:

As a Win10 user who only got it because it was bundled with my new PC, I would love to go back to Win7. A vastly more usable operating system than Win10, which frequently tries to do **** to my computer I don't want, and buries all the actual settings behind a bunch of dumb new minimalist menus that have no actual functionality.
Authentic wisdom in a sentence. 100% in sync as always :wink:

You guys know I love trolling but I ask you for the sake of the thread to keep us on the rail of the main topic.

giphy.gif

A hug to everyone and thanks for the laughs.

Ok so four hours into the patch and testing it and let me say first off, wow, just wow.

The new skill system? *chef kiss* Absolutely amazing. Before in 1.7.2 I really hadn't a single clue how to train some of those skills. Things like scouting? Leadership before Tier 2? Never happen. In 1.8? Amazing, I am actually skilling these up.

Combat skills are flying by and I admit I was somewhat surprised when I saw the numbers just speeding by on my screen. Now after 4 hours? No, this is perfect. This is how it should have been before. Great job.

The mercenary invitations? I got my first one. by Rhagea. It was pretty straight forward in that it told me what I was getting hired for and how that translated into influence gained. Really nice however may I also put in that I believe if they're not in a war they should not be worried about hiring mercenaries. Also, when they're done with a war they should release the mercenaries and focus on peace time things. Unless they're hiring the mercenaries to kill bandits and keep their roads cleared then that's ok. Actually, how about we do that? What if you guys find a way to make it so when a leader hires you, they hire you for a purpose. This can be reflected in the contract. Say if it's a defensive contract it explains that you are being hired to patrol her lands and defend towns, defend peasants, etc. Furthermore a contract of this sort would have less weight when they go to recruit your parties into their armies for offensive stuff. And for offensive contracts make it so you are expected to go out and harass caravans, raid, and attack nobles and peasants in their lands.

You know, let's go a step further with this:
I get hired by Rhagea on a defensive contract. This contract says in a nutshell - I want you to defend my lands from bandits and keep my towns safe. How about we get a 'quest' while were under this contact from her randomly using the same mercenary contact notification that is her offering you specific goals for money and influence?

Just food for thought.

Ok so four hours into the patch and testing it and let me say first off, wow, just wow.

The new skill system? *chef kiss* Absolutely amazing. Before in 1.7.2 I really hadn't a single clue how to train some of those skills. Things like scouting? Leadership before Tier 2? Never happen. In 1.8? Amazing, I am actually skilling these up.

Combat skills are flying by and I admit I was somewhat surprised when I saw the numbers just speeding by on my screen. Now after 4 hours? No, this is perfect. This is how it should have been before. Great job.

The mercenary invitations? I got my first one. by Rhagea. It was pretty straight forward in that it told me what I was getting hired for and how that translated into influence gained. Really nice however may I also put in that I believe if they're not in a war they should not be worried about hiring mercenaries. Also, when they're done with a war they should release the mercenaries and focus on peace time things. Unless they're hiring the mercenaries to kill bandits and keep their roads cleared then that's ok. Actually, how about we do that? What if you guys find a way to make it so when a leader hires you, they hire you for a purpose. This can be reflected in the contract. Say if it's a defensive contract it explains that you are being hired to patrol her lands and defend towns, defend peasants, etc. Furthermore a contract of this sort would have less weight when they go to recruit your parties into their armies for offensive stuff. And for offensive contracts make it so you are expected to go out and harass caravans, raid, and attack nobles and peasants in their lands.

You know, let's go a step further with this:
I get hired by Rhagea on a defensive contract. This contract says in a nutshell - I want you to defend my lands from bandits and keep my towns safe. How about we get a 'quest' while were under this contact from her randomly using the same mercenary contact notification that is her offering you specific goals for money and influence?

Just food for thought.
Great suggestion! Hope to see something like this down the line, could also be based on reputation/traits. An “evil” character could sooner receive a contract for raiding and attacking caravans or capturing or killing a noble . Could be linked to an bandit PT.

Good steps by Taleworlds to increase world interactions with the player

As a Bannerlord MP user who only got it because it was bundled with the newest iteration of the Mount and Blade series, I would love to go back to Warband MP. A vastly more usable equipment system than  Classes, which frequently tries to do **** to my  enjoyment I don't want, and buries all the actual choices behind a bunch of dumb new minimalist menus that have no actual functionality.

Dear developers, there is a mistake due to which the voice of the characters is reset to 1 classic, that is, at first I chose 4 voices, and then it changes

p.s and also the physique of the character changes, he becomes more pumped up, or fatter, how do you explain it?

I am also affected by bug losing all crafting parts after closing game (found it after 2h farming parts...). There is any solution or should i just come back to 1.72?

Has anyone found these 4 new battle maps which have been mentioned in the patchnotes yet? I've checked all the places, where previously were placeholders instead of actual battle map with a right terrain, and nothing was changed there.

@Dejan maybe you could share the list of these battle maps or, at least, tell us where to look for them (Empire region, Battania, Sturgia, etc.)?

Started a new campaign and came across this. Am I crazy or did this item "Reinforced Mail Shoulders" not exist before 1.8.0?
Qw2abqK.jpg

Perhaps it was not mentioned in the patch notes?

I like it.

Edit: The Danustica town scene is also amazing. Too bad there's no gameplay to be had in town scenes, because this is really really good looking. This picture only shows a small part of the scene. It's huge.
bpXjbzE.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom