Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

I am the Ruler of the Aserai Kingdom and I have control of almost all the map. All my vassals have several fiefs, good relations with me and average wealth or more. Yet in 1.8.0 they just leave my kingdom and join my enemies for no reason at all, taking with them 2,3 or even 4 fiefs. Why are they leaving? Bug?

I am the Ruler of the Aserai Kingdom and I have control of almost all the map. All my vassals have several fiefs, good relations with me and average wealth or more. Yet in 1.8.0 they just leave my kingdom and join my enemies for no reason at all, taking with them 2,3 or even 4 fiefs. Why are they leaving? Bug?
they could have changed the formula for them leaving, I will try to get a modder to update his mod so I can se if there are changes or its a bug

maybe a W7 compatibility issue.
Imgur-Memes-des-Jahrzehnts-1579171161-0-0.jpg

Have you already tried turning it off and on again? And you sure it is plugged in?

How fast can we expect a hotfix to fix the crafting parts locked bug? I'm kind of blocked from playing this weekend, this is such a nice patch spoiled by that one thing...

Ok, looks like the patch note says "Hero party leaders now have preferred troop types when upgrading." so, how can I see it and modifiy it? Is that also in an xml?

Put in 5 or so hours so far and very pleased - in the past anytime a new patch dropped it was almost always imcompatible or unpolished when it came to NVIDIA drivers but no issues here. Menu speeds are notably quicker even with cheat mode on which is of course filled with every item.

Really liking the new Army and Party behaviors along with the blunt weapon damage component being added in - while piercing damage reductions may be needed to be adjusted - the battles are lasting longer which gives more times for tactics when before encounters would stop within a minute or less. The cutscenes are a nice immersion feature too and adds some much needed life to the game.

Still yearning for deeper diplomatic actions and reasons to visit scenes - even if it's just random drunken patrons or thugs - tons of work go into it and you only ever spend considerable time in them when there is a siege.

The Vlandian armours in particular are just bizarre. Flat textures, oversized proportions on top of being horrendously out of place plate armour in the BL setting is just disappointing to say the least.
I concur. They look like some weird fantasy armour. Especially when combined with existing armour.
It may be even worse than the battanian warlord armour or aserai ring mail.

Last edited:
Just wanted to share this. I've been playing this since it dropped and I have NEVER seen the AI do this, ever. In case you're wondering what you are looking at:
Sargot has 700+ troops.
The Empire saw then a second army showed up to assist in the siege.

I personally have done this when AI is on a castle, but NEVER have I seen AI help AI. Well done Taleworlds, well done!
204E5457140BED6EF714858EC75EFE997A7F571C

I don´t know if caravans are really "better" now but they get captured as fast as before, so now you even lose more money (15.000).

So still not worth the risk compared to workshops and the companion slot they use.

We need the option to manage their troops or they stay useless forever I guess.

has anyone ever encountered low welfare among clans? and then all the average and poor, probably 5 pieces of rich, is it worth worrying about this?

Whats the question? ?
Sorry, maybe I did not express myself clearly. I mean, people who join the arena should wear the same uniform(excpet colour). Just like warband. Because different armor protection ability is different, so it is unfair.

Armor only increases survival rates. (i.e. getting wounded instead of killed). They do not change combat stats when calculating the auto-battles.
It really seems like sending troops leads to more deaths than it should when you see looters especially kill tier 2+ units against looter parties that are half your parties size or less. Its been frequent for me seeing two or more tier 2 or higher units killed from looters and other bandit parties when sending them. Its as if the armor stats aren't factored in auto-battles.

why are the clans getting poorer again after a year of playing time in the encyclopedia of welfare?
I would think that with the new thing that sells prisoners automatically in player owned castle would affect the clans so they can sell prisoners for a source of money so they won't go poor.

I would think that with the new thing that sells prisoners automatically in player owned castle would affect the clans so they can sell prisoners for a source of money so they won't go poor.
I just started the campaign and I don't have any locks. Probably the only solution to the problem is to get into the game files again and change the parameters of the prosperity of cities and villages. I suspect that soon the clans will become so poor that they will not be able to recruit large detachments

Just wanted to share this. I've been playing this since it dropped and I have NEVER seen the AI do this, ever. In case you're wondering what you are looking at:
Sargot has 700+ troops.
The Empire saw then a second army showed up to assist in the siege.

I personally have done this when AI is on a castle, but NEVER have I seen AI help AI. Well done Taleworlds, well done!
204E5457140BED6EF714858EC75EFE997A7F571C
Gotta double this. We had a 3 vs 3 army battle while sieging a WE castle with 1000+ troops on each side and after we won, our armies didn't lift the siege to lick their wounds and actually took the castle. AI armies are way more brutal now. Very well done.

Back
Top Bottom