Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks so much patch looks amazing.

In the past I've always loved gaming communities where developers reply to people. But the absolute state of half the posts on this forum these days - I'd prefer they didn't waste their time/breath. I think forums are outdated with no system to downvote ****posts to the bottom.

The AI is improved but in the arena maybe alittle to much. In my match it came down to my character and a Vlandian knight on horseback with lances. It took over 10 minutes because we each could only do 1 or 2 points of damage with each hit. I like a challenge but that's too much. Something for the devs to look at hopefully.

Kingdoms already got destroyed if their last clan is destroyed. This remains the same.

In Warband, the moment the territory of the kingdom disappears, kingdom is destroyed,
possible to change the same?? Executing the remaining clan members one by one in order to destroy the kingdom is too cruel and cumbersome.

The AI is improved but in the arena maybe alittle to much. In my match it came down to my character and a Vlandian knight on horseback with lances. It took over 10 minutes because we each could only do 1 or 2 points of damage with each hit. I like a challenge but that's too much. Something for the devs to look at hopefully.
You were too close with a spear if you were only doing 1 or 2 points, i think this is more of an issue the battle AI not properly spacing with a spear in the arena. The damage at the right range is down to like 20 points tho from like 50 before so armor is definitely working better against blunt now.

But yeah AI is seemingly blocking a lot more in the arena.

Thanks TW, that was well worth the wait! Particularly:

• The player’s clan now needs to be at least Tier 3 to request a meeting in castles and towns.
Awesome addition, and hopefully this sort of mechanism will be added to several game aspects, for instance:
-Marriage: There should be an AI evaluation system where the clan tier you belong to should at least match the individual's clan tier you're proposing to; if their tier is above, you still could reach an agreement and influence their acceptance by offering a dowry, your charm/perks, traits relation with the clan, similar culture, etc

• Settlement values within the encyclopaedia are now restricted to settlements that you are near, that are within your kingdom, or that have a clan member inside.
Wonderful. I didn't test it yet, but hopefully the info is just updated by the time you're around the area (and not permanently, after visiting a place once).

• Fixed a bug that caused the customer of a crafting order to be displeased even though the order exceeded all expectations.
Totally understand the fix, but I'll sorely miss it. It reminds me of some customers expectations, including in this forum?
Made me chuckle all the time

Finally a good patch?

I'm extremely surprised that they did decide to change armor, even after going all "making armor stronger doesn't fit the game's vision". I'm even more surprised that the entire required change was just tweaking a couple parameters. Did we really need to wait so long just for that?

Being able to reset perks and other quality of life changes here and there is good, it's nice that we won't need mods to add basic functionality that should have been in the game since day 0 :lol:

Big economy, skill leveling and smithing rebalance too, among many other changes. Yeah, well, that's cool. I want to be more hyped for the game, but I'm not really all that interested anymore, sadly. Too little too late, I guess.

Can we get a bonus experience slider too, by the way? So that we don't have to rely on mods to go past the horrendous grind.

Armor effectiveness did increase against all damage types but effects is much more pronounced against blunt. specifically for low amounts of blunt damage.

On top of that, weapons don't accually deal just cut or pierce damage. a sword deals most of its damage in cut form while dealing a little amount of it in blunt. so every melee damage is also get nerfed a little bit as well
That's neat! Are there any plans to show this kind of damage distribution in the future?

This is for those who want to see all other new stuff from helmets,armours to new towns,features and so on.....
- Bannerlord - 1.8.0 Update Patch - Cinematic Scenes / New armors / Maps / Features

Huge patch, very nice. I hope, now that a lot of the foundations of the game have been stabilized and fleshed out, that a lot more of the patches will be meaty boys like this one in terms of content.

Does anyone have some screenshots of the new armor pieces?
Send your email to me and I can give you.
  • Added 5 new Aserai shoulder pieces: Bronze Scale Shoulder Guards, Long Sleeved Bronze Scale Shoulder Guards, Bronze Scale Pauldrons, Decorated Bronze Scale Pauldrons, and Decorated Long Sleeve Bronze Scale Pauldrons.
  • Added 6 new Vlandia shoulder pieces: Ornate Pauldrons, Ornate Pauldrons with Cape, Reinforced Ornate Pauldrons, Reinforced Ornate Pauldrons over Scale, Pauldrons with Cape, and Scale Shoulderguards.
Those armours are fantastic but too fashionable compared to the rest pieces. Will there be more equipments coming to match those new armours? Say, Boots and gloves.

Those armours are fantastic but too fashionable compared to the rest pieces. Will there be more equipments coming to match those new armours? Say, Boots and gloves.
Yeah, love those new armor pieces, but especially the new Vlandian shoulder pieces look to new and shiny compared to the available Vlandian armor.

And I would also propose to give a special tourney armor to tourney participants (simply some available light armor from the specific culture). Due to the armor rating change some blunt tourney weapons deal very reduced damage to high level armor.

This patch sounds great. Really good.

Implemented an improved system for spawning reinforcements in battles:
  • Reinforcements will now always spawn near the deployment boundaries of the battle.
  • The initial wave of troops always spawns on the original path with respect to the position of the battle on the campaign map and the battle size. There are two new spawn paths that reinforcements can spawn on, one path counter-clockwise to the original path and one path clockwise to the original path.
  • Reinforcements will pick the safest spawn path of the three with the safest spawn path being the one furthest away from the enemy.
  • This improved system prevents the camping of spawn points by the enemy as well as the spawning of troops in the middle of an active fight.
Sounds really cool. but can someone draw a picture? I cant understand how it looks.

Armour Effectiveness Improvements:
  • Reduced the armor coefficient from 100 to 50. In translation, 1 armour now provides 2 health points against blunt attacks.
  • Reduced blunt damage's pure damage coefficient from 1 to 0.4.
  • Increased additional armour effectiveness against blunt damage from 0 to 0.25.
  • These changes increase the effectiveness of mid to late game armour against blunt damages to make it feel like a more meaningful investment.
Cool, but in SP blunt is not a big problem. Main problem is a piercing weapon, mainly arrows.

Yes the spearmen hugging tight you in the arena needs to be fixed. Fights take forever like that. 1 or 2 or 3 damage per hit ...
Yes. Their need to inplement something like fix spear patch or alternative grip for close battles.

But i like that they fix something that cant be fixed by the mods like spawning system and performance.

But i like that they fix something that cant be fixed by the mods like spawning system and performance.
When I´m not wrong the RBM also fixed the spawns.

So does anyone already made some test or has some impressions about the armor changes? On paper it reads like that it won´t do much.

Back
Top Bottom