Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

100% agree,

What about only being able to call clan parties to your army of similar rank or lower? I find it strange that you can call a big landowner to your army after first joining a kingdom.
This will also keep you motivated to gain higher tiers so you can lead bigger Armies.
my hope is that this will lead to a situation that 1 or 2 'marshals' will lead the kingdom armies.
Losing a lot should lead to a lower rank, so the most suitable 'marshal' will change over time.

Lovely idea that shouldnt be that hard to implement as there is already a requirement of influence to call an army.

I would love if they add a flat 50 (+- debatable) days to be stuck in a war.
Basically once a war is started you cannot leave the war for x amount of days.

If i remember correctly there is a flat day count for that and i think that is 20 (press x to doubt that) i think it should be more days than that to make war be a more strategic decision and now something you do just to take a city and then peace out.

Good. I was afraid it was one of those "balance" descisions...
I'm still worried too, that it has to do with a balance attempt. Even if the percent is too high because of a bug, there should be no % chance for defection, it should be because of transparent and know reasons. Even if it's a very low chance, if you have enough vassals you will have annoying defections and the game will be not worth playing past that point. Likewise we don't want broken factions clans to have % chance to leave, they won't leave fast enough and the game will not be improved. They need to leave because of conditions, not a daily role. Something like Clan doesn't have fief for 30 days- clans losses large relation with ruler, now 10 days it losses more, now next time it just leaves if the ruler didn't get them a new fief and raise relation back up. They just leave, the end. Defeated the faction and kept beating them up for 30 days? Good they all leave and it's over. There's no reason to pad the game out in anyway.

Lovely idea that shouldnt be that hard to implement as there is already a requirement of influence to call an army.
It's hard for TW because they've implied anything they do for the player stuff the AI clans have to do too (like it's codded together and too hard to change) and obviously any changes like this will make the AI even more incompetents and unable to do effective sieges.

I would love if they add a flat 50 (+- debatable) days to be stuck in a war.
Basically once a war is started you cannot leave the war for x amount of days.

If i remember correctly there is a flat day count for that and i think that is 20 (press x to doubt that) i think it should be more days than that to make war be a more strategic decision and now something you do just to take a city and then peace out.
Anything would be better then all the AI just lol-rolling for stuff everyday. I hate % chance.

Last edited:
They need to leave because of conditions, not a daily role. Something like Clan doesn't have fief for 30 days- clans losses large relation with ruler, now 10 days it losses more, now next time it just leaves if the ruler didn't get them a new fief and raise relation back up. They just leave, the end. Defeated the faction and kept beating them up for 30 days? Good they all leave and it's over. There's no reason to pad the game out in anyway.
100% agreed, that % on every decision of the AI is just stupid

I'm still worried too, that it has to do with a balance attempt. Even if the percent is too high because of a bug, there should be no % chance for defection, it should be because of transparent and know reasons. Even if it's a very low chance, if you have enough vassals you will have annoying defections and the game will be not worth playing past that point. Likewise we don't want broken factions clans to have % chance to leave, they won't leave fast enough and the game will not be improved. They need to leave because of conditions, not a daily role. Something like Clan doesn't have fief for 30 days- clans losses large relation with ruler, now 10 days it losses more, now next time it just leaves if the ruler didn't get them a new fief and raise relation back up. They just leave, the end. Defeated the faction and kept beating them up for 30 days? Good they all leave and it's over. There's no reason to pad the game out in anyway.
Agreed, the idea of vassals losing relations with the ruler while not having a single fief for a particular period of time is really nice idea and has a solid logic behind this, since this how the Medieval society worked. Right now, everything about politics and internal Kingdom affairs has 0 logic - policies (which, to my taste, need to be seriously revised, since their impact on the Kingdom's life is next to nothing, just a tiny bonuses and debuffs, anyone would hardly notice), defections, the necessity to choose between only 3 candidates to grant a fief to (the different policies could help here, by the way)... And the most sad thing of all this is that the devs don't tell us if they are working on these or not - from the information we have, it can only be said that they've focused on the battles, while everything else is in hard stagnation.

If the patch is going to be another few months like the last patch was, then we need a hotfix for this gamebreaking lords deserting the player bug.

Why should they change "close" to release?

There will be communication for about 1 week around the next update release as the last times and then go they back to silence no matter what.

Duh might keep us informed about some stuff though, but he caught covid and was/is still recovering. So hopefully he is fine. Dejan/Callum must be on holidays as most times or I don´t know.

hello i have a problem i downloaded this game yesterday and when i click play it pops up a window Synchronize with Steam Cloud.... after which the game automatically closes and so all the time I add that the integrity of the files did not help pure isntalation of the game if someone could help me

hello i have a problem i downloaded this game yesterday and when i click play it pops up a window Synchronize with Steam Cloud.... after which the game automatically closes and so all the time I add that the integrity of the files did not help pure isntalation of the game if someone could help me
One think i noticed is that it is not synchronizing with steam. Here is what I do, pull up steam on your desktop, don't minimize it. Then load Bannerlord, then a popup will say it is not synchronizing do you want to continue. I feel that popup is not showing you for with steam minimized.

Back
Top Bottom