Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Not sure if this is an error/intended, but dismissing a companion from your clan/party is not easy. In fact, it appears they have to be assigned to a role to trigger the dialogue. Otherwise, there's no option to just release (or remove) them?

Hey, @Dejan with this update we've received a nice thing - a pop-up vassalage/mercenary and marriage offers from AI clans for the player.

I remember, someone here on the forums suggested a nice thing - offers from mercenary clans when player is a ruler. Something like:
"Hey, %PLAYERNAME%, we are %MINOR_FACTION_NAME% and we would like to offer you our services as a mercenaries in a currecnt war. With our men on your side your victory is assured!".

This would be so much better than chasing down a leader of a faction, who might be anywhere, while having your cities besieged and villages ravaged.

Maybe you could bring this up at one of your meetings? Seems like a nice QOL suggestion and really easy to implement, technically-wise.
The best thing, IMO, would be the ability to make an offer *to them*, rather than waiting for one. Once you begin a kingdom, you get a Minister in all your lord's halls.

>Minister: Your Highness, I am honoured by your presence. How may I assist you?
He has three main dialogue options you can choose:

>My realm requires more vassals. Do you know of anyone likely to join me?
>Well, my spies tell me that Clan (Name 1), Clan (Name 2), Clan (Name 3) and Clan (Name 4) lack lands to their name, and are in disfavour at their courts. I could send them a messenger offering lands in our kingdom, if they will defect to us. But of course, they will have to be discreet - the fear of being executed for treason means they will most likely send us a representative in secret, rather than coming themselves.
>Send a messenger to (Clan Leader Name 1/2/3/4). / On second thought, let me reconsider.
If you accept, one or two days later, an "associate" (noble of that culture) will have a Quick Talk conversation with you, where they act as a stand-in for their lord in a defection negotiation.

>I seek to arrange a marriage.
>Whom would you like to offer the hand of, my liege?
>Myself. / Clan Member A. / Clan Member B. / Clan Member C. / Never mind.
>Bards passing by the court have mentioned some suitors of marriageable age; let me see... (Lord/Lady Name 1,) (Lord/Lady Name 2,) (Lord/Lady Name 3,) and (Lord/Lady Name 4), yes. I can send a messenger to any of the heads of these clans offering a marriage, and they will send a representative to work out the details.
>Send a messenger to (Clan Leader Name A/B/C/D). / On second thought, let me reconsider.
If you accept, one or two days later, an "associate" (notable of that culture) will have a Quick Talk conversation with you, where they act as a stand-in for their lord in a marriage negotiation.

>We need mercenaries to fight our wars. What hirelings will die for coin?
>The (Merc clan A, Merc Clan B, Merc Clan C, and Merc Clan D) are all notorious mercenaries in this region, and to my knowledge, are unaffiliated. Simply choose a warband, your Highness, and I can have a messenger find their leaders; they will send someone to make a deal.
>Send a messenger to the (Minor Clan A/B/C/D). / On second thought, let me reconsider.
If you accept, one or two days later, an "associate" (troop of that minor faction) will have a Quick Talk conversation with you, where they act as a stand-in for their lord in a marriage negotiation.

Thanks for the enlightenment!
And that makes me loving this faction even more...
Yeah, I like Battania too.

Last edited:
The best thing, IMO, would be the ability to make an offer *to them*, rather than waiting for one. Once you begin a kingdom, you get a Minister in all your lord's halls.

>Well, my spies tell me that Clan (Name 1), Clan (Name 2), Clan (Name 3) and Clan (Name 4) lack lands to their name, and are in disfavour at their courts. I could send them a messenger offering lands in our kingdom, if they will defect to us. But of course, they will have to be discreet - the fear of being executed for treason means they will most likely send us a representative in secret, rather than coming themselves.
>Send a messenger to (Clan Leader Name 1/2/3/4). / On second thought, let me reconsider.
If you accept, one or two days later, an "associate" (notable of that culture) will have a Quick Talk conversation with you, where they act as a stand-in for their lord in a defection negotiation.

>Bards passing by the court have mentioned some suitors of marriageable age; let me see... (Lord/Lady Name 1,) (Lord/Lady Name 2,) (Lord/Lady Name 3,) and (Lord/Lady Name 4), yes. I can send a messenger to any of the heads of these clans offering a marriage, and they will send a representative to work out the details.
>Send a messenger to (Clan Leader Name A/B/C/D). / On second thought, let me reconsider.
If you accept, one or two days later, an "associate" (notable of that culture) will have a Quick Talk conversation with you, where they act as a stand-in for their lord in a marriage negotiation.

>The (Merc clan A, Merc Clan B, Merc Clan C, and Merc Clan D) are all notorious mercenaries in this region, and to my knowledge, are unaffiliated. Simply choose a warband, your Highness, and I can have a messenger find their leaders; they will send someone to make a deal.
>Send a messenger to the (Minor Clan A/B/C/D). / On second thought, let me reconsider.
If you accept, one or two days later, an "associate" (unique troop of that minor faction) will have a Quick Talk conversation with you, where they act as a stand-in for their lord in a marriage negotiation.

@Duh_TaleWorlds @Dejan
giphy.gif

Well laid out @five bucks (y)

A dialogue option with f.e. governors is the most straight forward option I see as well. The problem with a time delay is that opinions, allegiances or even existence can change during that time frame. Hence, any recommendations made by the minister for things like defection may be so faulty that not even a barter would be permitted at the actual time of interaction. Marriage, in turn, is meant to require the romance persuasion for the player afaik. So it would only be available (for barter) after that succeeds. Mercenaries would cause less trouble, though, here too, information provided before a time delay are likely far from perfect.

One possibility would be a higher set of requirements / additional costs and then to simply ignore changes in position/opinion that normally cause an outright rejection. Though, when it comes to defection that may mean a swift departure of the "convinced".

I don't see it as the end of the world if the situation occasionally changes so that the vassal now likes their lord and turns down our offer. Being able to send that offer without having to travel to them just to get turned down would still be a huge improvement for players.

If the vassal dies, we could get a text popup saying they have died and the message is no longer relevant, as occurs when certain kingdom decisions have expired and if you click on them it says "this kingdom decision is no longer relevant."
Marriage, in turn, is meant to require the romance persuasion for the player afaik. So it would only be available after that succeeds.
You can already resolve marriage by just talking to the clan leader and it gets settled through the barter screen instantly.

@Duh_TaleWorlds could we just leave out the specifics until the dialog happens when the messenger arrives? use current information to prompt options but don't give us the details that could change by the time the message arrives.
What I am describing basically means that a messenger can arrive to tell you - Not interested. (Without any barter, etc.) Similarly, it would need to cover cases of the clan being destroyed, having defected to another kingdom or even to your kingdom. And, just to be clear, I still think it's the most viable option (for a higher level of control rather than just responding to items put forward by the AI). I am just going over some of the challenges / imperfections that come with it despite that.

A dialogue option with f.e. governors is the most straight forward option I see as well. The problem with a time delay is that opinions, allegiances or even existence can change during that time frame. Hence, any recommendations made by the minister for things like defection may be so faulty that not even a barter would be permitted at the actual time of interaction. Marriage, in turn, is meant to require the romance persuasion for the player afaik. So it would only be available (for barter) after that succeeds. Mercenaries would cause less trouble, though, here too, information provided before a time delay are likely far from perfect.

One possibility would be a higher set of requirements / additional costs and then to simply ignore changes in position/opinion that normally cause an outright rejection. Though, when it comes to defection that may mean a swift departure of the "convinced".
Could this finally mean that the development is heading towards a minister-like role for governors, or even a court npc. Please, God

I also thought this was a feature and that the marriage dialog with the potential spouse was just a way to elope.
the success of the dialogue is going to decrease the ammount of money you need to pay for marriage by a lot. so it makes perfect sense.

if they are going to change that then iam going to revolt on the streets. caption: bring back buying woman.
peepo-peepo-riot.gif

Just my personal preference / assessment of this particular topic.
Duh... I know we all past this point, but something that bothers me while i was playing... when some fief/province/cozy home rebels. The clan that rebel sometimes comes with a weird name: "Alary's clan, Urios' Clan"... or am i being impatient and they decide the name of the family when they are recognized as a formal lord?

In early medieval times you were not able to smelt the weapons in terms like to liquify iron and make ingots out of it. Bloom furnaces were not capable of that. What you were able to do as smith, was reforging, as example, broken or heavily dented sword into smtg smaller and simplier like knife, horseshoe or nails.

Even if we assume, that Calradian smithies already have blast furnaces, to "learn" new parts from smelting would be like learning to build snowman from water that is left out of him in spring ?
I understand what was done in history, but we are talking about game design and how it currently works. That said I disagree about learning new parts, reverse engineering has been used throughout history. When you disassemble something you gain insight on how it was made. It is like when somebody wants to see how a mod was made, they download it and see what they did to make a feature work.

If you accept, one or two days later, an "associate" (noble of that culture) will have a Quick Talk conversation with you, where they act as a stand-in for their lord in a defection negotiation.

If you accept, one or two days later, an "associate" (troop of that minor faction) will have a Quick Talk conversation with you, where they act as a stand-in for their lord in a marriage negotiation.

Nice ideas, would love to see at least some of them in the game!

Back
Top Bottom