Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

They said they didn't want to go Warband levels of extreme (which I understand). I think if it takes an extra 2-3 hits in addition to where 1.8 is right now, archers will be about right.
Well, right now it takes 4 chest shots for a T3 archer to kill someone in T3 armour.

3 more hits (7 HTK for arrows to chest on average) would be pretty good. In fact it would almost be what we had in Warband.

Dear TW: Please make me able to take 3 more arrow hits when wearing armour. And my troops.

Last edited:
I said this 5059272 times:
The wedding scene isn't lifeless itself, it's the context around it what it is. A wedding should be accompanied with a feast and a preparation, and it should take in game months to actually convince a lady to marry, not to mention convincing the lord too, I made this point several times but I guess the devs are busier answering troll threads
Amen brother. And that guy serving wedding ceremony. Is it a priest? There is no god nor church in lands of Calradia ?

The beta version is very interesting. But I hope that in the future, the developers will fix the clans so that they don't move to other kingdoms so often (I lost 7 clans in four days, although I had 90+ relationships with them and each had 2-3 cities). :grin: ?

These changes increase the effectiveness of mid to late game armour against blunt damages to make it feel like a more meaningful investment.

is rbm still needed after these changes?

I hope battanian towns will also get some love and will invest some denars into refurbishment and overall change of look from that fantasy post-apocaliptic LOTR appearance we have now. One would say that culture based on "Celts" would live in hillforts. Their cities are in general just an urban architect nightmare ?

Out of the major problems with Bannerlord that Realistic Battle Mod and its AI module exists to fix:

Bad horse charges that have no impact - Fixed nicely ✅
Too much blunt damage to armour - Fixed nicely ✅
Poor siege AI - Mostly fixed? Apart from one time guys wouldn't attack the gate, the sieges I've played seem fine.❔
Too much damage from arrows to armour - Still a problem! ❌
Spears that are too weak and the AI can't use properly - Still a problem ❌
Cavalry being unable to land their melee attacks - Still a problem ❌

So if you are concerned about those last three, or you want RBM for its many other features, you'll still need it.

It really depends how much "realism" you are seeking.
Assuming you never played the game without RBM (both armor and AI mod) then probably you will not be satisfied with 1.8.0 changes.
But best would probably be to test by yourself...
Personally speaking, I feel like the fights are far more interesting now, no more insta death.

Last edited:
Anyone else noticed that tournament rewards are either maces or horses? Im in autumn 1089 and this is vast majority of my rewards. I got some swords only few times ?
edit:
Oh heavens! Entered Galen tournament and... Full Helm over Laced Coif! Derthert must have left it there after yesterdays evening drinking party ?

Last edited:
edit:
Oh heavens! Entered Galen tournament and... Full Helm over Laced Coif! Derthert must have left it there after yesterdays evening drinking party ?
yeah got that helmet too (got other 26 armor helmet and the bear mask helmet)
while its nice its a bit out of order
a 22k helmet and the other prices are 1k-2k

edit : all those horses are nice too, but why are they cheaper then the Aserai war mount ?
edit2: have to say all in all a really good patch !! tyvm!

edit3: the patch is out almost a week where is 1.9.0 ????????ßßßß

yeah got that helmet too (got other 26 armor helmet and the bear mask helmet)
while its nice its a bit out of order
a 22k helmet and the other prices are 1k-2k
The equipment depends on the number of lords participating in the tourney. I got some fancy armor one time when 11 or 12 lords participated in the tourney.

The equipment depends on the number of lords participating in the tourney. I got some fancy armor one time when 11 or 12 lords participated in the tourney.
i do know that but i dont remember that there were a large quantity of nobles in that particular tournament
would like to know if that large of a difference in reward is working as intended or a bug

developers, it's terrible infuriating that when defending NPCs, they are constantly being built in a circle, it's so stupid, all the time building in a circle

Can Ai faction leaders get named NPCs kind of like the player has wonders? Maybe like a few King's champions that are absolute beast in combat. The game of thrones mod did this for warband and it was absolutely epic and added tones of immersion. Seeking them out in battle and getting extra xp if you take them out would be pretty cool. Not only that but seeing legendary warriors riding around the battlefield trying to protect their king would add another level to battles.

Can Ai faction leaders get named NPCs kind of like the player has wonders? Maybe like a few King's champions that are absolute beast in combat. The game of thrones mod did this for warband and it was absolutely epic and added tones of immersion. Seeking them out in battle and getting extra xp if you take them out would be pretty cool. Not only that but seeing legendary warriors riding around the battlefield trying to protect their king would add another level to battles.
I'd love see commanders and captains duels during battles, but that sounds more like "romance of three kingdoms" to me than anything else. don't take me wrong i'd love that, i find awesome, but game of thrones has more like western clashes of armies and accidentaly commanders found one another

The beta version is very interesting. But I hope that in the future, the developers will fix the clans so that they don't move to other kingdoms so often (I lost 7 clans in four days, although I had 90+ relationships with them and each had 2-3 cities). :grin: ?
Can you send us a save regarding this defection?
Actually we would love to have saves regarding this defection situation. As it currently stands I believe it is unintended.
Thank you for your feedback!

Back
Top Bottom