Beta Patch Notes e1.7.2

Users who are viewing this thread

To me, something like Bannerlord gets so tantalizingly close to reality that it may as well go for max realism (or as realistic as it can get without making gameplay bad), while TF2 is at the opposite end of the spectrum, going full-on arcade wacky for the sake of the best gameplay possible, with just a veneer of plausibility.
Thanks for the recommendation, is it similar at all to Day of Defeat? I liked that game despite not knowing heaps about WW2.
Well never tried that game so can't really tell. But I know it is close to Post Scriptum.
Hell Let Loose is a hybrid shooter (realistic but still fun gameplay) and the devs are doing a great work at balancing, really immersive in some aspects.
The best experience you could get from this game is when all the squad members are listening to their squad leader, who are listening to the commander.
Supplies are a key to the victory as well.
You die a lot though :wink:

I agree, but the first playthrough is fun.

There are lot of good indie games out there, you know like real indie games with a caring company behind them (though they hadn´t sold millions of copies):

- Timberborn
- Soviet Republic: Workers and & Ressources
- Big Ambitions
- Dominions 4/5
- Kenshi
- Software Inc
- Ostriv
- Conquest of Elysium 5
- Uboat
- Foundation
- Siralim Ultimate
I've been watching Ostriv for a while, have you played it? did you like it?

Yes, I like it. But it´s EA and I guess far from finished, development is also slow (and halted at the moment because the dev is from Ukraine...).

It tries to be very realistic compared to similar games and it gets it done pretty good. It´s a chill game with nice mechanics and will be very good when (if) finished.

We're adding 7 new Vlandian cape/shoulder pieces with the next patch.

This is urgently needed, and I think we will need more full sized Vlandian body armor pieces as well.

Right now Vlandia has an inadequate amount of variation among its armor pieces.

It tries to be very realistic compared to similar games and it gets it done pretty good. It´s a chill game with nice mechanics and will be very good when (if) finished.

At the moment, we seem to be reliant on RBM and the modding community for the most realistic part.

I hope though that the base can address the issues that have been addressed in the threads at some point, with enough patches.

At the moment, we seem to be reliant on RBM and the modding community for the most realistic part.
I don´t think this will change, I only expect minor improvements if TW is willing to change anything at all and if they even make a decision as long as we are alive*.

*They are still figuring out if and how to add upgradable workshops. This feature was "shown" during the pre EA hype phase, don´t know when exactly, but 3+ years ago. With the EA release about 1+ year later TW claimed the EA phase to be "around 1 year" long. And even today, they were not able to decide what to do with this feature. In 3+ ****ing years?

There are plans in the sense of "we are open to exploring the idea" (as you observed - there is a level indicator which wouldn't be there if we weren't playing around with things) but not plans in the sense of "this is happening". Currently, we are still not entirely happy with the broader economy balance and that is something we want to address first.
What kind of joke is this? 3+ years? What is their internal release date? 2025?

Same counts for many topics, TW is not able to commit to anything (but the new Vlandian armors...), seems like they are just having fun trying out different things and see how/if it works...The joke was "TheVisionTM", but I don´t know if they even have any vision (but a fast paced call of duty medieval sandbox experience)...

Last edited:
Uh oh I just did three hours in 1.7.2, so far no problems though.

Indeed, it should be stable enough, considering we did not get any major update since 1.7.2 beta release...
1.7.2 compatible version is not including quite a bunch of nice features added the last few weeks (being able to have a safe house in hideouts, sneaky actions in towns with a new kind of prison break, hiding in forests on the map, improving and balancing the existing mechanics etc...
Anyway, I hope you will enjoy your new campaign ?

They are hiring for more than a year now for an unannounced project, it's right there on their website. One of the first ads (that got censored when people noticed) said it was for a sci-fi game. Either they are extremely lazy or most of their people are working on their new game, which is what any dev studio would do.

They are hiring for more than a year now for an unannounced project, it's right there on their website. One of the first ads (that got censored when people noticed) said it was for a sci-fi game. Either they are extremely lazy or most of their people are working on their new game, which is what any dev studio would do.
I mean it's gonna be another decade before we see it - so I wouldn't worry about it.

I mean it's gonna be another decade before we see it - so I wouldn't worry about it.
That´s not the point but Bannerlord might be finished already if TW would work with all force on it. Also then we might have got real patches instead of whatever you want to call 1.7.1/1.7.2.

Lets see if 1.7.3 is another joke...

Back
Top Bottom