Beta Patch Notes e1.7.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Guys, they have until June 30 to make a full release [last day of Q2 2022]. Just wait till then. Do something else, like playing good released games for a change.
And then come back to read Callum's philosophical article on the relativity of time.

They´ll announce the delay when it´s ready, it´s still in testing. Definitely not this month.

Or they already stopped giving a single **** about the full release date/time frame, doesn´t matter at all in the end. Nothing can stop this trainwreck...

Team Fortress 2. Unlike Bannerlord it's a fun and challenging game, but you'll still feel at home because you get to infinitely wait for Valve to do stuff.
To be honest with you, seeing how much you like realism and historical accuracy, I was not expecting you suggesting a game like TF2 :wink:
Maybe something more like Hell Let Loose (which I already played 100h+ and highly recommend) or so.
A very fun game - but doesn't really stand up to a second play-through. So you get 50-60 hours out of it then probably never touch it again.
Yeah probably.
But I kinda not really like the combat command, feels clunky sometimes. Or maybe I'm just bad.

A very fun game - but doesn't really stand up to a second play-through. So you get 50-60 hours out of it then probably never touch it again.
I agree, but the first playthrough is fun.

There are lot of good indie games out there, you know like real indie games with a caring company behind them (though they hadn´t sold millions of copies):

- Timberborn
- Soviet Republic: Workers and & Ressources
- Big Ambitions
- Dominions 4/5
- Kenshi
- Software Inc
- Ostriv
- Conquest of Elysium 5
- Uboat
- Foundation
- Siralim Ultimate

I just don't understand how (or why) TW are so amazingly slow with bannerlord.

The only explanation I can come up with is that some of the staff are already working on another game and the completion of Bannerlord has been kind of de-prioritized.

They're not a small indy studeo anymore and when you compare their rate of progress to so many other companies of a similar or even smaller size, it's just baffling and confusing.

Last edited:

The only explanation I can come up with is that some of the staff are already working on another game and the completion of Bannerlord has been kind of de-prioritized.

They're not some small indy studeo anymore and when you compare their rate of progress to so many other comparable companies, it's just baffling and confusing.
I mean TW have always been very slow. I don't think there is any conspiracy there.

How long did warband and viking conquest take? I wasn't playing them back then... surely they weren't this slow? Genuine question.
Well Viking conquest wasn't done by Taleworlds...

As for Warband - you can see the release dates / patch notes back in the news. it had 2-3 patches shortly after release; a couple in june / August.

It has one final patch in December 2010... and then patches became a yearly offering. And when I say patch I mean -

aFwjeEo.png

So comparatively Bannerlord feels like a tornado of updates. But then - arguably Warband released in a much more finished state.

Well Viking conquest wasn't done by Taleworlds...

As for Warband - you can see the release dates / patch notes back in the news. it had 2-3 patches shortly after release; a couple in june / August.

It has one final patch in December 2010... and then patches became a yearly offering. And when I say patch I mean -

aFwjeEo.png

So comparatively Bannerlord feels like a tornado of updates. But then - arguably Warband released in a much more finished state.
Yes, I mean the yearly patch thing would indicate that they basically considered the warband to be done and complete...

Interesting though. Thanks.

They're not a small indy studeo anymore and when you compare their rate of progress to so many other companies of a similar or even smaller size, it's just baffling and confusing.
I have a theory...
Time decision is comparatively really slow.
Never been involved in any decision making process with a Turkish company but I do have some experience with Japanese companies.
And the decision process is soooooo slow... that you kinda think they are trolling you :lol:
But no, the over-hierarchic structure results in a long and painful process that may not necessarily end with the best decisions.
But that's the way it is. I love culture diversity!!

To be honest with you, seeing how much you like realism and historical accuracy, I was not expecting you suggesting a game like TF2 :wink:
Maybe something more like Hell Let Loose (which I already played 100h+ and highly recommend) or so.
To me, something like Bannerlord gets so tantalizingly close to reality that it may as well go for max realism (or as realistic as it can get without making gameplay bad), while TF2 is at the opposite end of the spectrum, going full-on arcade wacky for the sake of the best gameplay possible, with just a veneer of plausibility.
Thanks for the recommendation, is it similar at all to Day of Defeat? I liked that game despite not knowing heaps about WW2.

Guys, they have until June 30 to make a full release [last day of Q2 2022]. Just wait till then. Do something else, like playing good released games for a change.
And then come back to read Callum's philosophical article on the relativity of time.
I did just mod Skyrim with about 300 mods. I upgraded from Legendary Edition to Anniversary and just looked for similar or the same mods. I even learned how to port them from LE. The only real difference now is that I use True 360 combat and a dodge mod, its definitely worth it.

That and the classic Minecraft I've been playing. Both games have been out for over 10 years too.

Back
Top Bottom