Beta Patch Notes e1.7.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Only ranked matchmaking for MP? Seriously? How about you release servers so there's actually players to play ranked matchmaking

A great patch for modders, especially when it comes to TC mods. Finally we can have custom races :grin:
The unit armor changes are interesting, but I don't know how much it'll actually make in terms of actual gameplay.
Bug fixes? Always needed and beloved.
The AI changes for the campaign map is always welcomed,naturally.
Prisoner interactions? Keep coming with those diplomacy options! But great so far :smile:

Though saddened to see no new scenes, banner system and especially with the lack of claimant questlines. Personally would've loved the long awaited claimant system with even a civil war mechanic (Would love it even more if civil wars were Dynamic).

Being able to coax prisoners into defecting is going to be pretty nice, after large army vs army or siege battles when you and your allied lords end up with tons of prisoners we can finally get better use of them instead of just keeping them prisoners forever.

Also defensive AI for parties won't join offensive armies? ****ing finally.

I really like the change in the gameplay settings that allows you to customize spawn order. I don't know how many times I had my army start with zero archers because I keep them at the bottom of my list. This is much better, especially for people trying to level up troops by allowing them to spawn first.

I like it. Seems like they did a lot of ironing on the in-code issues and added a lot of QoL things, which in my opinion is worth it's time (not 3 Months, but I doubt that it is all they worked on since 1.7.1)

Nice welcomed additions, good job guys.

-----------------------------

But those banners were beatiful.. :sad:

Why... :cry:

I am left with the hope that, with this patch taking so long to QA, the next one should not be too far away and will contain more meaningful changes.

Nice, but it is solved the free stuff mistery when modding? Removing all gear to troops, they still have free armor and even horses.

This looks like a good focused patch. Am I right to assume that fixing helmet sizes are a low priority? They've been weirdly sticking out in the front for some time now. There's been a good 3-4 inches between my character's nose and the nose guard or edge of chain mail and hoods.

I don't mind the patch being limited but it's yet another indication that this game probably needs another year of development time at least. Purely because the pace is so slow.

I don't mind the patch being limited but it's yet another indication that this game probably needs another year of development time at least. Purely because the pace is so slow.
Not sure that anything new will be forthcoming they are fixing bugs and stuff. Then release Q2 as they said. Cannot see them putting another 12 months work into it..Maps can be updated after release.

Do you already have tested them?
Sounds like they fixed the main issue of AI suicidal armies. I think the suicidal nature of offensive armies had a big part to play in stopping snowballing as its been very hard to gain ground for factions. Still gotta test it but if true this is a major step for the campaign. My theory before any testing is that these changes will likely increase the snowball scores (hopefully not to the levels of it being an issue again) from the very low and stagnant scores we've been seeing. I'm gonna run some snowball tests to see if these changes have any impact on the world state.

You'll all see updates later today in the typical snowball thread. I encourage others to run some of their own.

Back
Top Bottom