Beta Patch Notes e1.7.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Tip to TW devs -try coming in here with some real good news one day. Its either no news or rotten news. Only if you care about having any fanbase whatsoever left for future projects -now if you dont and just enjoy reveling in your profits -feel free to ignore this

There is a national holiday in Turkey this week. There won't be a patch this and likely not next week either.
What's the national holiday? Turkish Armed Forces Day
Happy holiday.

Can you give us some juicy POSSIBILITIES for the next patch? Its okay if you get written up for telling us.

Last edited:
@five bucks @epil @khuzait haircut @MostBlunted @guiskj @xGreedo

I don't think its fair to still claim 1.7.2 has turned the game into a massive stalemate over time. I think what a lot of people are experiencing is the stalemate that occurs in the first 10 years of a game. This stalemate is due to the fact that the AI are now good enough at defending their own land until they start to run into financial trouble due to tributes/mercenary payments. After about 10 years kingdoms will start to falter and lose territory, mind you not very fast but by 20 years you will start to see dead kingdoms.

A faction will only "die off" when they become bankrupt which use to happen really fast back in the snowball days because they use to not have a kingdom bank. The change to have a kingdom bank was one of the changes that had a big impact on slowing down how long it takes for a kingdom to die off since poor clans wont just run out of money until the kingdom bank runs out and they start living off debt.

I also think that the food bug that was fixed in the hotfix was causing longer term stalemates but doesnt seem to be an issue anymore with the fix.

Here are some examples of 20 year snowball tests ive run for 1.7.2.
Egz0s.png
QTOOI.jpg

lN3Zx.png
TOnLq.jpg

gZK5K.png
90IeY.jpg

The first test had a stalemate across the world. The second test had 2 kingdoms dead, Bat and SE. The third test had 1 kingdoms dead, Bat, and 3 potentially on the way out, ST, KH and AS. The last two test were basically in the range that mexxico thought would be a good place by 20 years.

.... If in future something is broken and this town / castle change hand per year average go above 7 or go down 3 or raid counts go out of limits or raid success rate go out of its limits these test systems will alert. So even I am not here they can find out which addition created problem and broke game world balance. Also these test systems calculate snowballing scores and it should be between 10-50. If score go out of this range test again give alert. .......
So seems that this system is working as intended, they must of been alerted to the food bug and after fixing it we are back within the range we wanted.

Last edited:
This stalemate is due to the fact that the AI are now good enough at defending their own land until they start to run into financial trouble due to tributes/mercenary payments. After about 10 years kingdoms will start to falter and lose territory, mind you not very fast but by 20 years you will start to see dead kingdoms.
Like you said, some improvements and fixes had been made to the defensive AI & related aspects of the game - most of which should have happened pre 172.

However, even if things look good on an abstract paper, it may still not be ideal for players. Or at least some of them given that playthroughs can vary significantly due to the non-deterministic nature of the sandbox.

For those that care about this topic - we are working on further improvements to the army & party AI (dealing with starvation, poor siege performance[aka many attempts, few victories], etc.).

For those that care about this topic - we are working on further improvements to the army & party AI.
Great. I think what really needs to happen is for AI to be more decisive in carrying out sieges. They should have "sunk cost fallacy" in their programming - if a village gets raided in their territory, or a castle which looks easier to siege becomes available in the distance, but they're more than, say, halfway through the siege setup, they should just ignore that and keep besieging, so they don't waste time running all over the place looking for an ideal siege that never eventuates.

Even if they could potentially get a better siege on an easier target, that's not more important than ensuring that sieges are consistently completed

For those that care about this topic - we are working on further improvements to the army & party AI (dealing with starvation, poor siege performance[aka many attempts, few victories], etc.).
Afaik they already do. One issue is with wasteful behavior that causes the margins to be too tight too often. (F.e. gathering at a point unrelated to the target.) This is my understanding of it anyways.
Yeah this behavior costs an army a lot of resources and time so glad to hear you guys are working on it.

Another thing i hope you guys look at is disbanding armies much faster, often times armies can get caught in a cycle, after completing their first objective or winning a battle, of just running around recruiting and trying to restock until they run out of cohesion. It seems like disbanding is purely based on cohesion instead of evaluating if its worth it to continue to be in an army if its actions are better accomplished as individual lords instead of as an army. So im thinking of something like, if the days to restock and rearm is longer than how long cohesion will last then they should just instantly disband.

Also some kind of timer on recruiting lords that just left an army so that they have time to actually gather resources would be good. The current party % limitation isn't enough to ensure a party is actually ready to join an army. I think this would help a lot with ensuring armies don't run into food issues.

Last edited:
Barely any new content besides some stat changes and bug fixes in the last patches, confirmation now that it will atleast take 2 months since the last patch to get a new one, and considering that the only upcoming content information is about multiplayer stuff, it seems single player truly wont have any decent new content for around a half year at this point...

Have you considered having siege gear go into reserve by default so the AI can deploy a full array at once (as the player does) to get around the issue of the AI building and loosing it's siege gear and never attacking because of this loop?

Have you considered having siege gear go into reserve by default so the AI can deploy a full array at once (as the player does) to get around the issue of the AI building and loosing it's siege gear and never attacking because of this loop?
I know the siege tactics are being looked at, though, I think other changes are further ahead & have an impact by themselves.

@Duh_TaleWorlds
@Callum @Duh_TaleWorlds
In (near) future, is there any possibility that item/horse modifiers in Warband be added in Bannerlord as well? Such as Champion/Spirited/Heavy for horses, Masterwork/Tempered/Strong for weapons, Lordly/Reinforced for armors ect. If I remember right, some of them exist (mainly bad ones) but not all of them added. Details:
Also are there any particular reason for change of horse types? I mean in this blog ( https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/60 ) horse types seems similar to Warband (and in old gameplay videos as well such as Steppe Charger) but later those are removed. Is it possible for these to return as well?
Also, will there be any possibility for "reshade/rework" of world map? There were some suggestion about this and we were told that developers will look at it but nothing change since then.

Also, will there be any possibility for "reshade/rework" of world map? There were some suggestion about this and we were told that developers will look at it but nothing change since then.
Yes, the world map is continuously being worked on. When exactly color grading and atmosphere changes may come I cannot say.

Back
Top Bottom