Beta Patch Notes e1.7.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Agreed. The silence is just a joke now - I think this is the longest period without hearing anything since the start of early access.

For me it feels as if this company actually have contempt for their community.

I guess it could merely be apathy... but either one is appalling, TaleWorlds should be held up as an example of how NOT to handle your community.
Anxiety about this game is reaching some kind of paroxism.
What kind of communication could be done to ease this situation? I'm wondering.
Dejan is telling "not yet, 172 is still in test phase etc..." and people starts to request more information on "why not yet".
Obviously he can not tell...
Does knowing the reason of the blocking points would really change anything about solving it?
We get weekly hotfixes and nobody care? Why is that?
Is it only about getting new content for giving a feeling of satisfaction for only a few hours? And then what? Come back to negativity and complaints?
Clearly TW is bad at communicating, but instead of keeping this unnecessary pressure, maybe we could take some steps back, relativise and relax...

They could at least tell people what is planned (or hoped for) in 1.7.2 .... or they could make some kind of attempt at a 2022 roadmap. (As has been said already here in this thread). Neither of those things are that hard to do.

Last edited:
Pepe hands are tingling.
I am alive again.

A half hour until update?
Pepe thinks so.

If everyone agrees the patch will be released in 30 minutes then it will be or they will be forced to give us a forum statement on an ETA and the probable contents.

I know Wednesday updates are a thing of the past but pepe feels it this time and pepe is never wrong.
Pepeclap

iu

poor Pepe right now

it would be nice if i could save my formation before the battle so i dont have to redo it everytime

Dejan is telling "not yet, 172 is still in test phase etc..." and people starts to request more information on "why not yet".
Does knowing the reason of the blocking points would really change anything about solving it?
Is it only about getting new content for giving a feeling of satisfaction for only a few hours? And then what? Come back to negativity and complaints?
Clearly TW is bad at communicating, but instead of keeping this unnecessary pressure, maybe we could take some steps back, relativise and relax...
95% behind this. peeps from taleworlds said several times that they are working on patch. i dont know why people are so pressing, especially when it seems like its the same guys asking for the same stuff over and over again. we all want an update, but acting crazy wont change anything at all.

cang2nvi.png

was the last comment which can be found here

this was on monday. How is that not communicating? Communicating doesnt mean, that tw needs to wipe everyones ass on a daily basis. its not a daycare project for bored childs afaik. some things just need time. for that reason, saying that taleworlds is not responsive is something i do not understand at all. especially when it comes from people who got an answer from tw several times already.

why should there be another roadmap, when the current roadmap is halfway implemented? iam also considering all the things which are in the game, but not ironed out yet (respawn system, formation system, missing maps, etc pp).

i dont get it and i think some things i do read in this thread is not fair at all. iam also curious about the next patch and why it takes so long, but in the end the priority is on developing the game, and not on telling me about every single breath a tw developer does.

You know what just lie to me. Tell me the big feature of 1.7.2 is Elephant Mounts. At least let me fool myself that is the case for this March/April.
Ah too late, Modders did it:

(seriously I made afore mentioned comment in total jest, didn't even have the slightest inkling anyone was doing such a thing)

I know the Elephants models have been around for awhile, but hey look some people were passionate enough to get it in game as a mount. Albeit in a rough state especially with its animations.

IDK it's rather discouraging to me folks in their free time have seemingly accomplished more then TW. And this isn't new. Character customization mods were much more in depth, used to be able to make custom banners, settlement icons was a mod long before being officially integrated, etc.

Well I was right about 1.7.2 not coming out to til March. Honestly I normally wouldn't complain, but 1.7.1 wasn't even a patch really. So yes while 1.7.2 isn't even Beta - it just seems like some idea of what 1.7.2 is might be nice? Like is it even worth my time to come here see what's happening or going to happen? Or would it be better if I just put this game on blackout and come back in 6 months or a year when at least some progress has hopefully been made?

Honestly if it's going to take entire quarters to release patches, maybe TW should just adopt an annual patch/update mentality. That way folks can develop/play mods around a working version without having to update them constantly. I mean that's the problem - updates take just long enough that someone can make a decent mod in that time, but then when the update does come it gets broken. Maybe it's best to just let the community have a relatively stable version of the game to muck around with, and then every year the community can decide if say version 1.8 is worth switching over to or not.

And then you know, TW, you can spend however many months/years you want making your version of Bannerlord. Whatever that is, cause I don't know what's supposed to entail, and I don't think you know either.

+1.

It irks me too that after patch lands, a lot of people rush to go say "Good job TW" before testing out the patch. That lasts 2 days, then we all go back to b*tching and moaning. Just don't post anything at all, test it out, and then provide a solid feedback response on the patch note thread.

At the end we are all past that point. Like others have said, I bet TW staff/devs look at us with contempt and annoyance, the same way we look at them as incompetent and non-caring.

That way folks can develop/play mods around a working version without having to update them constantly. I mean that's the problem - updates take just long enough that someone can make a decent mod in that time, but then when the update does come it gets broken. Maybe it's best to just let the community have a relatively stable version of the game to muck around with, and then every year the community can decide if say version 1.8 is worth switching over to or not.
You can opt into many of the older "stable" game versions using the steam beta branch system. Only the live and beta branches are being updated.

Testing & Fixing stage. It is unlikely to conclude this week.
Obviously testing takes time, and I think most people respect that. But is it possible to give any hint as what may be included in this patch? Obviously I completely understand if you're not at liberty at say, or if it is simply not in your job description.

Obviously testing takes time, and I think most people respect that. But is it possible to give any hint as what may be included in this patch? Obviously I completely understand if you're not at liberty at say, or if it is simply not in your job description.
The current approach is not to share details on upcoming patch content (that could lead to false expectations). Our broader priorities are defined within the Future Plans post.

The current approach is not to share details on upcoming content (that could lead to false expectations). Our broader priorities are defined within the Future Plans post.
Yeah, and I understand that stance, and I do agree with it. However, it may also be somewhat beneficial to give a little bit of information before patches are released, as that will allow for better communication. I won't pry, as it really isn't my place, but it would be helpful to hear what parts of the Future Plans post, if any, would be included in this patch.

Not giving any information about what is in a patch can be just as bad as giving ideas of what is in it, as it just leads to almost completely baseless assumptions. And, a lot of times, that is very negative.

Yeah, and I understand that stance, and I do agree with it. However, it may also be somewhat beneficial to give a little bit of information before patches are released, as that will allow for better communication. I won't pry, as it really isn't my place, but it would be helpful to hear what parts of the Future Plans post, if any, would be included in this patch.

Not giving any information about what is in a patch can be just as bad as giving ideas of what is in it, as it just leads to almost completely baseless assumptions. And, a lot of times, that is very negative.
Lol he just said they don't want to share details, cause they might be false and not what to expect yet

I will give you guys something to argue or imagine for future updates, that thing is the dragon banner that was meant to unite Calradia. There is no Chinese faction in the game but who cares about the lore of Calradia. you can check the model with modding tools already. What do you guys think about it? (Also there is a chance that we will never see this thing going to be in the game when the banner update goes live since they are remaking banners but will see.)

I never saw anyone posted this banner on this forum. That will be my bad if already discussed before

Last edited:
The current approach is not to share details on upcoming patch content (that could lead to false expectations). Our broader priorities are defined within the Future Plans post.

If the patch is in testing phase, there must be some features that function and will be in the release. Why not share those?

Not that I really care, but for the crybabies in here ?

If the patch is in testing phase, there must be some features that function and will be in the release. Why not share those?
Testing is done to reveal as of yet unknown issues. If a particular bit of content turns out to be especially problematic, it may be disabled or altered prior to release of a patch.

Back
Top Bottom