Beta Patch Notes e1.7.1

Users who are viewing this thread

172 isn't coming this week either. I understand you are all eager to see the patch drop and I appreciate all of your interest but it just can't happen without the completed necessary steps. Every patch goes through a review and testing cycle for the purpose of quality assurance and we simply aren't done yet.

Can we assume the patch is of a bigger nature? I know you dont want to say to much ?

So 1.72 today then?

It would be nice if when i get captured and put in jail that my wife, kids or companions would make some kind of effort to break me out of jail. Not sure if they love me anymore.

Anyone got some Mods they can recommend to me to add some fun to this game? I have Diplomacy and distinguished service but looking to see if there are any other mods out there to add depth and intrigue. If there is a place on this forum for mod recommendations just point me in that direction.

@Dejan Can you at least give us something on what this 1.7.2 patch does? We are literally playing in the dark here. I dont understand why we dont have some sort of roadmap that we can all look to, to see what kind of updates are coming.
+1.... of no course no promises and things can change but they should give some idea of what they are working on.

But it's TW ... so of course they won't.

I dont understand why we dont have some sort of roadmap that we can all look to, to see what kind of updates are coming.
We kinda have a roadmap, maybe I wouldn't say it's a roadmap it's more like a collection of separated statements and comments. I would like to see the information all in one place. These statements don't say what is coming per patch (which is ok for me) and it's not updated (which, should be more often), it's really broad strokes of what is planned (they could give a little more details, plans the 1.7, 1.8 ... patches instead of each 1.7.x update).

Most likely the usual bug fixes, crashes, getting the game stable. New maps for battle terrain, perhaps some adjustment to the order of battle, new items for armour. More QOL

Im going to guess:
-a few cut scenes
-maybe something to do with the world map how armies react to the world
-siege improvements

Im going to guess:
-a few cut scenes
-maybe something to do with the world map how armies react to the world
-siege improvements
I highly doubt they would make us wait this long for an update with so little as that. The last time there was a massive wait it was 1.7.0, which was a rather large update. We can probably expect at least one of the future plan features to be added into the game.

If they are really busy testing, its either a major overhaul of something that already exists, or a whole new gameplay feature, something that needs to be well balanced, or something that can cause different bugs and crashes under different conditions. I don't think cutscenes or simple adjustments or new battle terrains would take this long. My bet is, they are working on the character interactions, dialogues, clan functions and their effects on the campaign.

We can speculate much, would be easier if TW would just talk to us plebs.

Could also be that they are also refactoring again and that´s why it is taking this long. And after 2-3 more weeks weeks we get something like 1.7.1.

Or they are just all on a boat trip with the one who shall not be named, only Dejan wasn´t allowed for whatever reason and now Dejan prays that they´ll return otherwise he´ll be doomed forever with his standard reply: "no update, no eta".

Pray for Dejan!

or something that can cause different bugs and crashes under different conditions.
This is what they actually said. Testing and fixing critical problems is why they can't release the patch yet.
I don't think cutscenes or simple adjustments or new battle terrains would take this long. My bet is, they are working on the character interactions, dialogues, clan functions and their effects on the campaign.
And this is wishful thinking unsupported by evidence.
Just because something takes long it doesn't mean it's substantial (which is also a fitting description of the whole Bannerlord development history). The whole process can be held up by a single resilient critical bug, and probably is.

Still three days until the casual "no update, no eta, so long suckers" post.
I believe when I ran the steamdb through my patent-pending software it misread the source code.
I ran it through a second time and it spat out an ETA of 8:15 PM TRT

I was planning on streaming the new patch today and I'm a sexy 21-year-old Swedish girl living in America.
@Callum ?????‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom