Beta Patch Notes e1.7.1

Users who are viewing this thread

1.7.1 is nice because it added the save feature but FFS can you add at least one other thing to it?
They did not add a save feature, we already got one.
171 is a "transition" patch, consequence of all the code refactoring that has been done since months.
At some point they have to clean all the obsolete, non used, non optimised code to slowly move to a more healthy base.
Seems less interesting on the short term (no new feature) but vital on the long term.
At least that's how I see it ?‍♀️

Bannerlord has about as much depth as a puddle when it comes to dialogue. Better combat but worse dialogue, diplomacy, etc. than Warband. Still no duels either. No sexism towards women. Warband had much more going for it. RP means nothing in Bannerlord. Its like going from a Bioware to Bethesda title.

And these are the missing Warband features and advertised Bannerlord features which we still need a statement from TW about:
* Lord's Hall serving as a location to easily contact people
* Feasts
* Minor Faction Bases
* Deserter + Manhunter neutral parties
* Spending money to get training in a skill
* Bandit Traps (surprise attacks in town)
* Noble Duels
* Escape fight after failing to sneak into a town
* Player-owned Criminal Enterprises in Alleys
I Second this. I really hope they end up implementing at least a % of these features. Just to lay the ground work for modders. Would be even better if they straight up add them.

8th page post none read... but...

Is it me or are bows and arrows weaker than usual in beta

I have to hit a looter with a lowland bow using piercing arrow and 3-4 multi head shots,..

I had some thoughts that they were cheating.

I have to hit a looter with a lowland bow using piercing arrow and 3-4 multi head shots,..

Seem the same to me as all other recent versions. Are you sure it's a headshot and not a neck/shoulder hit?

Seem the same to me as all other recent versions. Are you sure it's a headshot and not a neck/shoulder hit?
I was peppering them in the head. Sometimes blood wasn't shown where It clearly slashed from (clean face).

If it were not so glaring I would not have reported the tissue.

Maybe it is the the arrows weaking the kills. Not 100%.

I just have tested it and I didn't have such problem on unmodded beta e1.7.1.
I was shooting looters with lowland longbow and piercing arrows. The damage dealth was similar to the one on older versions of the game.

They did not add a save feature, we already got one.
171 is a "transition" patch, consequence of all the code refactoring that has been done since months.
At some point they have to clean all the obsolete, non used, non optimised code to slowly move to a more healthy base.
Seems less interesting on the short term (no new feature) but vital on the long term.
At least that's how I see it ?‍♀️
New save feature was confirmed in a long rant. Thx

My bet would be mods. Do you have any mods installed?

Didnt there used to be assassination attempts when you went into town's or villages? I always though those were fun. Bring those back!

Seems about the same to me, although I have not tested your specific setup. I was mostly using noble bow with stacked bodkin and went through about 50 sieges so far so a decent sample size.

No no no there will be no assassinations we can't have fun and be expected to do actual work when we can just milk a half baked game and let modders do the rest making us the Turkish Bethesda.-Taleworlds, 2022.

Didnt there used to be assassination attempts when you went into town's or villages? I always though those were fun. Bring those back!
Yes. In Warband, Bandit ambush attacks would happen if you entered a town or village at night.

Also, very rarely you could actually get surprise attacked by an ACTUAL Assassin in taverns, who was a highly skilled fighter. It only happened if you made a lord with a sadistic personality hate you though.

Multiplayer​

Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that prevented options from being saved in the Lobby. (Also in e1.7.0 hotfix.)
  • Added scoreboard info and fixed localisation issues in the Lobby Recent Games Tab. (Also in e1.7.0 hotfix.)
Wtf is this bro, why are we going to have to wait 3 months for literally no change

Back
Top Bottom