Beta Patch Notes e1.7.1

Users who are viewing this thread

+Patch Update 1.7.1

-Saves now save.
-A crash you never experienced has been resolved
-Majorly updated video processing performance you should expect 0-999 increased FPS

You're welcome
Please clap

Hello,
I have a few questions:
1- Clan & Kingdom Screen
Disabled Clan & Kingdom Screen actions in encounters and sieges. (Also in e1.7.0 hotfix.)

I've seen people talk about this and how it's disabling is causing problems, can anyone explain what this screen action is and what it did before it was disabled?

2- 1.7.1 "saves"
I just watched to Dev video, but not sure I got it completely! my understanding is that we need to load beta 1.7.1 start the save we want to continue playing and save them while in version beta 1.7.1 so we can play them in the next updates. In other words we HAVE to download beta 1.7.1 prior to any future update if we want to continue any campaign started prior to beta 1.7.1, correct?
I did understand the reason, which I think is a good one.

Some people like to play betas, others like to wait for stable versions. So this is a question for Dev: would it be possible to give some sort of time warning to non beta players to let them know a new update is going to be released within 48 hours (or whatever time frame you guys decide) in order to quickly download the beta, save the game and await for the stable update?

Thanks.

+ added UI in encyclopedia (you will never use)

I understand people want to be miserable but is this necessary? The encyclopedia is awesome in Bannerlord and 1 millions times better than how it was in Warband. Not only does it look better but the functionality is there to easier and quickly find information on anything you need. There is so much more information in it and you can even pin cities to the map which is like something that I always wanted to do in Warband.

I also find it ironic that everyone wants Feasts back, yet in all my 500+ hours of Warband the main point of feasts was to get everyone together to so I can easily find and track down a lord. Well with the Bannerlord encyclopedia this is trivial and very well done.

I also find it ironic that everyone wants Feasts back, yet in all my 500+ hours of Warband the main point of feasts was to get everyone together to so I can easily find and track down a lord. Well with the Bannerlord encyclopedia this is trivial and very well done.
From a QoL point of view this is lovely indeed, from an immersion point of view it's a disaster, i don't want medieval GPS/facebook to tell me everything about everyone and their locations, i want to be invited by my peers to a feast were we can spend some time together outside campaigning season, talk to each other, solve issues and conflicts between lords, woo some pretty lady and dedicate a tournament in her name, maybe start some scheming against that ****ty lord who crossed me or the king who don't value my contributions to the realm and denied me the fourth castle in a row etc

Besides that the encyclopedia to find someone is infuriating,i could excuse asking for a lord were lord X was and he saying "last i heard he was in Y castle but that was a few days ago" but this same behaviour from the all-knowing encyclopedia? is tells you just a rumor about the wereabouts of people and not their precise location, that would be done 1000x better by dialogues instead.

I also find it ironic that everyone wants Feasts back, yet in all my 500+ hours of Warband the main point of feasts was to get everyone together to so I can easily find and track down a lord.
That was part of it, and not just tracking down one lord/lady, but nearly all of them at once! It was very useful and took a lot of boring legwork out of the game. You could get a whole bunch of marriage proposals and pick up a whole bunch of quests in one place. That's something which Bannerlord lacks.

But that was not the sole point of feasts, it was also to provide a way for players to gain relations outside combat, it gave you something to do during peacetime, and it was great for immersion and roleplaying. We have these great Lord's Hall scenes in Bannerlord, with tables set out for feasts, and they don't get used.
Well with the Bannerlord encyclopedia this is trivial and very well done.
Hahaha we aren't playing the same game. Maybe you're using mods or cheats?

The Bannerlord encyclopaedia only tells you a lord's last known location. It doesn't tell you where lords were last seen heading to, like in Warband. So you can spend a hugely unnecessary period of time chasing a lord who is on the move between towns because you move at roughly the same speed and don't know where they're going to to catch them.

I only ran into that situation a couple times in Warband because you knew where lords were heading, and feasts would also occasionally hold them all in place for a while.

But in Bannerlord it happens to me *all the time.* It's annoying and gets more unfun chasing people around with every playthrough.

I've seen people talk about this and how it's disabling is causing problems, can anyone explain what this screen action is and what it did before it was disabled?
You could leave a kingdom or merc contract at any time before, now it says "You can do that :razz:" when you're in a pre battle on the map, a prisoner, or sieging a town. SO you can't take a merc contract, besiege a castle, surrender to get husband imprisoned, break contract to get out of jail instantly and prison break him and kill him in the prison. You can't leave merc contract while besieging and be magically sieging as a natural party nobody can attack. You can't leave contract "din-do-nuffin" when a enemy catches you being a stinker, you now have to do it 1 second before he catches you, not nearly as satisfying.

It also seem you can't boost you army cohesion or add/remove army parties during a siege or pre-battle encounter, probably a unintended oversight, but that's what you get for playing the vanilla path! You get bugs when they fix underhanded fringe play!

Wasn't it said in the context that they hadn't yet decided though?
Yep, but they didn't even discussed it at the time I asked and did not have any plans to discuss it further ATM, so the chances are very low.

In fact, @Duh_TaleWorlds was the one who answered me back then. @Duh_TaleWorlds , could you please let us know if anything's changed since then regarding the crime alleys ownership for players?

Yep, but they didn't even discussed it at the time I asked and did not have any plans to discuss it further ATM, so the chances are very low.

In fact, @Duh_TaleWorlds was the one who answered me back then. @Duh_TaleWorlds , could you please let us know if anything's changed since then regarding the crime alleys ownership for players?
Imagine going out of your way to say his name twice without understanding he won't come unless you say his name a third time...

From a QoL point of view this is lovely indeed, from an immersion point of view it's a disaster, i don't want medieval GPS/facebook to tell me everything about everyone and their locations, i want to be invited by my peers to a feast were we can spend some time together outside campaigning season, talk to each other, solve issues and conflicts between lords, woo some pretty lady and dedicate a tournament in her name, maybe start some scheming against that ****ty lord who crossed me or the king who don't value my contributions to the realm and denied me the fourth castle in a row etc

Besides that the encyclopedia to find someone is infuriating,i could excuse asking for a lord were lord X was and he saying "last i heard he was in Y castle but that was a few days ago" but this same behaviour from the all-knowing encyclopedia? is tells you just a rumor about the wereabouts of people and not their precise location, that would be done 1000x better by dialogues instead.
I completely disagree. First of all, they recently added that the more lords participate in a tournament the better rewards get: I've only ever seen premium horses at high attendance of nobles, but goddamn are those horses rare and great to use; even if it's just to facilitate that happening, feasts are already a good idea in the game as is. I also include the fact that Lordly quests are way more interesting and better than normal notable ones, so having periodic events where they all gather is, even without re-inserting old dialogue options and systems, already advantageous to gameplay

Secondly, the wiki tells you nothing of their intended path or intention. That is fine on it's own, but if at the very least notables could tell you where a Lord is headed that would make it as easy as warband to track them down. To that we add the fact that the AI may very well be faster than the player, which happens a lot now, and suddenly you're chasing some guy down for weeks instead of days as in warband. I like the idea that information refreshes every time you visit a settlement, but that's about it.

Who plays that long? There is nothing to do after like 2500 days, only more of the same **** (battles) :grin:
Well the Diplomacy mod adds civil wars and the possibility of peace, a few other mods make it more slow paced and unpredictable or difficult. I also don't like to try and become a king and conquer the map asap, usually wait until the 2nd generation character.

I can never play long once you get enough troops and the maintenance can no longer be paid on taking on the 5-10 looter squads running around. You just find yourself bored because its mostly UI navigation, watching the low polygon models wander the map, and watching everyone just mosh pit with high end troops. There's no strategy, tactics, or things to do.
The only thing that keeps me coming back is mods like Enhanced Battle Test.and adding troops/factions for playing around. Like watching Romans duke it out against samurai in the swamps.

I hope we get an update tomorrow, A real ball buster that makes starting a new playthrough way more annoying and mid game near impossible.
Come on TW I have been bad teach me a lesson! I've committed crimes against Calradia and her people!

The Bannerlord encyclopaedia only tells you a lord's last known location. It doesn't tell you where lords were last seen heading to, like in Warband. So you can spend a hugely unnecessary period of time chasing a lord who is on the move between towns because you move at roughly the same speed and don't know where they're going to to catch them.
Secondly, the wiki tells you nothing of their intended path or intention. That is fine on it's own, but if at the very least notables could tell you where a Lord is headed that would make it as easy as warband to track them down.
This is a good point and something I've run into myself as well - I will bring it up in the community suggestions meeting.

Back
Top Bottom