Beta Patch Notes e1.7.1

Users who are viewing this thread

nereid

Sergeant
This is a good point and something I've run into myself as well - I will bring it up in the community suggestions meeting.
It is especially annoying as most of the time the lords simply transport from one point to another (if this ain't the case it feels like at least like it).

You could frame it as rumors (90% chance the rumors are true and 10% the rumors are false), would make it a little bit more interesting.
 
It is especially annoying as most of the time the lords simply transport from one point to another (if this ain't the case it feels like at least like it).

You could frame it as rumors (90% chance the rumors are true and 10% the rumors are false), would make it a little bit more interesting.
Just add an option to track lords on the world map and you are done. Super simple change.

Maybe not very immersive, but trust me, after this long beta testing, nobody cares about searching for lords on the world map.
 
Sir, may I point out the fact that the part I cared about in my posts where the feasts
Doubt they will introduce the feasts.

Like, what do you have in mind?

After an X cooldown period have a possibility to throw a party costing Y money in your castle and invite all friendly lords?

So, what do they do? Stand around the main hall and you just talk with each one or do a minor dialogue-based mini-quest (similar to Crusader Kings 3) for additional charm points and relationship gain/lose?

You do know that it will become boring and stale unless there are like a hundred different dialogues with meaningful choices and consequences? Cant see TW going into this direction, existing dialogue and conversations are super bare-bones, can't see them upping those up to Crusader kings 3 like level.
 

five bucks

Knight
This is a good point and something I've run into myself as well - I will bring it up in the community suggestions meeting.
Nice; thanks! Would go a long way to making the game less frustrating.
Doubt they will introduce the feasts.
Like, what do you have in mind?

After an X cooldown period have a possibility to throw a party costing Y money in your castle and invite all friendly lords?
They can only be held during peacetime, and both player and AI can hold them, like in Warband.

The benefits would be making it easy to find a lot of lords and ladies in one place for quests/marriage proposals, giving the player a way of gaining relations and influence in a non combat way during peace, giving the player another activity to break up gameplay, increasing immersion in the world, and providing another roleplaying tool.
So, what do they do? Stand around the main hall and you do dialogue with each one for additional charm points and relationship gain?
Sounds great! Except, instead of just standing around, lords and ladies could re-use the existing dancing/listening to music/chatting animations from taverns. Add to that a single-stage conversation you could have with each noble guest at the feast, using the existing persuasion system to gain a small amount of relations with the clan of that guest, and feasts would be an immersive experience.
You do know that it will become boring and stale
You could say that for many of the features currently in Bannerlord, but here's some important counterarguments to that.
1: Feasts have benefits to other areas of gameplay other than just the experience of the feast itself, as said above.
2: It's another diversion, something to break up the constant loop of menus, travel, and battles. Sprinkled inbetween other aspects of gameplay it won't be stale, Warband feasts were not unfun for the player to visit.
3: Once the framework is there, more variety can be added with mods.
 
Last edited:

Madijeis

Sergeant
WBNW
Doubt they will introduce the feasts.

Like, what do you have in mind?

After an X cooldown period have a possibility to throw a party costing Y money in your castle and invite all friendly lords?

So, what do they do? Stand around the main hall and you just talk with each one or do a minor dialogue-based mini-quest (similar to Crusader Kings 3) for additional charm points and relationship gain/lose?

You do know that it will become boring and stale unless there are like a hundred different dialogues with meaningful choices and consequences? Cant see TW going into this direction, existing dialogue and conversations are super bare-bones, can't see them upping those up to Crusader kings 3 like level.
I already stated the advantages of gathering all lords in one castle in my reply, and five bucks thought up of some more. Mind you, these are all considering what's already in the game as of today, nevermind any and all additions they might introduce
 
You could say that for many of the features currently in Bannerlord, but here's some important counterarguments to that.
1: Feasts have benefits to other areas of gameplay other than just the experience of the feast itself, as said above.
2: It's another diversion, something to break up the constant loop of menus, travel, and battles. Sprinkled inbetween other aspects of gameplay it won't be stale, Warband feasts were not unfun for the player to visit.
3: Once the framework is there, more variety can be added with mods.
We can only wish. TW ToDo list is still super long, feasts maybe will come as a DLC sometime 2023 if ever.

Meanwhile, I will have CK3 feasts in a highly customizable court in February. There's even a mod that combines both CK3 and bannerlord 2, you can play CK3 with bannerlord 2 battles.
 

Duhk_Tails

Regular
We can only wish. TW ToDo list is still super long, feasts maybe will come as a DLC sometime 2023 if ever.

Meanwhile, I will have CK3 feasts in a highly customizable court in February. There's even a mod that combines both CK3 and bannerlord 2, you can play CK3 with bannerlord 2 battles.
I looked that up and it looks dumb.

Meanwhile back on 1.7.1 topic...

The second patch was just released with no news of what it is.

Nm lets go back to talking about weird dumb mods on a 1.7.1 thread. thx
 
I looked that up and it looks dumb.

Meanwhile back on 1.7.1 topic...

The second patch was just released with no news of what it is.

Nm lets go back to talking about weird dumb mods on a 1.7.1 thread. thx
Oh noes, Dukh the recruit just put us in our place. I guess let's really shut up and continue discussing this patch that doesn't add anything meaningful except code refactoring that doesn't ring a bell with most of the forum lurkers including Dukh.

Such a deep discussion this would be without the random spam (i.e. 1-2 pages max).
 

Duhk_Tails

Regular
Oh noes, Dukh the recruit just put us in our place. I guess let's really shut up and continue discussing this patch that doesn't add anything meaningful except code refactoring that doesn't ring a bell with most of the forum lurkers including Dukh.

Such a deep discussion this would be without the random spam (i.e. 1-2 pages max).
Hur durr if only we had threads just for mod marketing.

Now get back in your corner and eat the pizza.
 

Brocephus

Sergeant
Just add an option to track lords on the world map and you are done. Super simple change.

Maybe not very immersive, but trust me, after this long beta testing, nobody cares about searching for lords on the world map.


I like this idea. Just a checkbox similar to settlement tracking.
 
I understand people want to be miserable but is this necessary? The encyclopedia is awesome in Bannerlord and 1 millions times better than how it was in Warband. Not only does it look better but the functionality is there to easier and quickly find information on anything you need. There is so much more information in it and you can even pin cities to the map which is like something that I always wanted to do in Warband.

I also find it ironic that everyone wants Feasts back, yet in all my 500+ hours of Warband the main point of feasts was to get everyone together to so I can easily find and track down a lord. Well with the Bannerlord encyclopedia this is trivial and very well done.
The encyclopedia is nice but I would like a notes section. Also, I completely disagree on feasts. Feasts gave a more convenient opportunity to seek out a wife, and the dialogue about previous encounters and battles was, at this point, better and more flavorful in Warband, IMO. I enjoyed the peace time opportunity to interact with the nobles and hear little tidbits about previous campaigns.
 

High Solar

Regular
The encyclopedia is nice but I would like a notes section. Also, I completely disagree on feasts. Feasts gave a more convenient opportunity to seek out a wife, and the dialogue about previous encounters and battles was, at this point, better and more flavorful in Warband, IMO. I enjoyed the peace time opportunity to interact with the nobles and hear little tidbits about previous campaigns.
I agree, feasts bring a flavor of RP to the world. Thing is, NPC dialogues have to be expanded as well as the overall personalities of the NPCs. There is little to no intrigue in the world, there are only two states - peace and war, and peace can be very boring and dull.
 
1.7.1 is nice because it added the save feature but FFS can you add at least one other thing to it?
Weren't you the guy who pointed out to everyone to shut up and stick to the 1.7.1 patch topic (there's nothing to discuss, really) and stop with the offtopic - now begging devs for additional content and information they aren't allowed to disclose? haha

PS. Go explore some mods on Nexus if you are so bored and want to see new features.
 

Duhk_Tails

Regular
Weren't you the guy who pointed out to everyone to shut up and stick to the 1.7.1 patch topic (there's nothing to discuss, really) and stop with the offtopic - now begging devs for additional content and information they aren't allowed to disclose? haha

PS. Go explore some mods on Nexus if you are so bored and want to see new features.
weren't you the guy marketing for some dumb mod?

Talking **** about 1.7.1 is still on topic.

PS. I do and I don't need a golem to tell me.

If you read the post you will notice that they wrote that they can't because of technical reasons.
You got me. They cant leap frog into 1.7.2 until they smash out all the bugs of the save function.
 
Top Bottom