Beta Patch Notes e1.7.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Dear mod fanatics, damn you, do you really have something wrong with your head that instead of rolling back your game with their ****ty mods one or two versions back, the developers have to adapt specifically for you?

Are you a console pleb? Why such hate for modders who do nothing but make the game better for everyone?

I´ve played 1.7.1 for an hour and enjoyed the new save method. :iamamoron:
impact noises sound better now. it's timed better and has a clearer tone.
AI seems to have improved

Noticed my calvary was slower than normal but had better aim.

Proper AI commander tactics the last few army VS army battles

Aiming while on mounts seems more fluid for some reason.

Aiming with throwing items seems more fluid

impact noises sound better now. it's timed better and has a clearer tone.
AI seems to have improved

Noticed my calvary was slower than normal but had better aim.

Proper AI commander tactics the last few army VS army battles

Aiming while on mounts seems more fluid for some reason.

Aiming with throwing items seems more fluid
its all in your head :wink:

You could have included this in 1.7.0.
If they had done this all safes for everybody who didn't play since the release of 1.7.0 would be irreperably broken so no this would have been a pretty bad idea. This way you can use the new safe system without anoying people too much because there is a version for everybody to play with their old safes.

They are refactoring code. Its good news. Means less bugs in the future. This kind of patch is even better than half-assed features since it provides good fundament for the future.

You guys will find a reason to complain about anything, it's a patch that does nothing. Women are funny, get over it.
In what universe do those two statements have anything to do with each other?

Where in this thread did anyone say anything about women?

I am unable to wrap my head around this. So this patch contains refactor of save mechanic. We should load save in 1.7.0 and save it, but what is the purpose of 1.7.1? Is it just a bridge that will translate save format from 1.7.0 version to 1.7.1 and forward? Or is there some other purpose?

I am unable to wrap my head around this. So this patch contains refactor of save mechanic. We should load save in 1.7.0 and save it, but what is the purpose of 1.7.1? Is it just a bridge that will translate save format from 1.7.0 version to 1.7.1 and forward? Or is there some other purpose?
I think it's just a bridge which makes possible refactoring of save mechanic and at the same time maintaining at least some form of compatibility with older save files.

I´ve played 1.7.1 for an hour and enjoyed the new save method. :iamamoron:
You have to save a lot to really get a good use of this exciting new feature.
Presumably they are trying to get rid of old code preserving save compatibility with older versions. All this refactoring talk may be just removing some compatibility code.

@Callum Okay so I dug up my good old saves, loaded them in 1.7 stable, and made a new save, this should be could for future versions now and I can update to 1.7.1 (and start a new game) right?

Also I wonder if this means we're finally gonna get Sargot moved soon :party:
You have to save a lot to really get a good use of this exciting new feature.
Oh don't worry I do, you never know when you need a un-**** button, mostly for petty little dum stuff like "what no quest in this area?" or "I don't like this tourney prize", there's nothing too petty to save scum over. Cornered by 10X enemies... it's okay I can make it. What? the lord isn't where the game said he was RE-****ing-LOAD! Waste my time like that, I re-load go look in his other castle.

@Callum Okay so I dug up my good old saves, loaded them in 1.7 stable, and made a new save, this should be could for future versions now and I can update to 1.7.1 (and start a new game) right?
It has worked for me. I have loaded old saves in main e1.7.0 and overwrited them by saving. After this I have updated the game to beta e1.7.1 and I don't have any problems yet.

Back
Top Bottom