Beta Patch Notes e1.7.1

Users who are viewing this thread

I love that we always go through this cycle of questioning TW about when the patch is going to be released and TW ignoring us for the most part while providing pretty much no information, and when they do say something we act pissed as if it was unexpected that they won't suddenly improve communication, which has been a problem for a decade and a half.

It is like we are stuck in a Vaas meme from Far Cry 3 with his definition of insanity being played over and over in the background.

Last edited:
Been saying this since about 1.5. Communication....had people disagree with me and will mostly likely with this post also, as well as a certain youtuber saying I'm wrong as to why we can't get a couple sentences just once a week to give some small updates on whats going on and what we can expect in the patch. but I guess 3 or 4 minutes a week is too much time and as people say that 3 or 4 minutes is better spent working on the game since that 3 or 4 minutes makes the game come out faster than it being used to update the community just ONCE a week in a post. What do I know,
Even offered my services as a FREE PR rep to bridge the gap with the community to promote lines of communication and sales but even that is ignored

I know everyone is frustrated and impatient, but don't fret!
It just takes time to add open world battle maps, rework armor values, add feasts, fix the troop assignment system, improve diplomacy, re-balance AI armies, fix reinforcement spawning...etc.
This can not obviously be done in 2 months! 1.7.2 is he last step before full release, right? so it's gonna take some time...

[wishful thinking]

Anything coming this week @Dejan?
172 isn't coming this week either. I understand you are all eager to see the patch drop and I appreciate all of your interest but it just can't happen without the completed necessary steps. Every patch goes through a review and testing cycle for the purpose of quality assurance and we simply aren't done yet.

172 isn't coming this week either. I understand you are all eager to see the patch drop and I appreciate all of your interest but it just can't happen without the completed necessary steps. Every patch goes through a review and testing cycle for the purpose of quality assurance and we simply aren't done yet.
Thanks for the update! Lets all go camping for a week or something!

There are other games to play lol
Like what? BIG Woke fetch quest marathon 2? Borderline personality girlfriend's onlyfans management simulator with cuck or be cucked DLC of course? Learning to spell while talking on the internet platinum edition I pre-ordered this one tbh?
Elden Ring can't get here soon enough!

Like what? BIG Woke fetch quest marathon 2? Borderline personality girlfriend's onlyfans management simulator with cuck or be cucked DLC of course? Learning to spell while talking on the internet platinum edition I pre-ordered this one tbh?
Try Xcom2 War of the chosen then you will realise what an easy game Bannerlord is even on realistic.

If you want game suggestions there are other ways to ask.

My guess is that they don't want to give false promises. every feature that is planned or worked on could be removed at any time of development. We witnessed this many times in the past (past blogs before early access - for example, putting your own gang in the city feature was shown, but probably removed from the game after time). Thus, they are afraid to give info about anything that has no very high possibility to be in the game.
They have a different perspective and way to develop their game and communicate with players. Could be wrong or right, it is what it is. I do not see any point in pushing them to give more info. You will not get that info unless they can according to their policy. Sorry for the bad English.
I understand the damned if you do, damned if you don't. Truthfully as much as prospective plans can rally the community, they can also be used against the developers as "You said you were gonna do X, and you didn't! YOU SUCK!!!"

I believe most people who have been on this earth for a good amount of time will understand not everything comes to fruition. So roadmaps are nice, but not always accurate.

BUT

If you can't communicate to your playerbase what you plan to do for the upcoming patch - literally the thing you/your team is actively working on, means two things:

1. You have no regard for the playerbase

Now this sort of mindset is fine when a game is very early in development, because you don't even know what your community is, other then what you hope it to be. But if you've released your game, and literally taken people's money, and you feel no obligation to communicate - that's really going to turn people against you. And you may think to yourself; whatever I got what I wanted. Yeah well don't be surprised when Mount & Blade III under performs or is a total flop. Or your DLC for Bannerlord only sells 10K copies...​
For the cogs this attitude is fine, you hope they care about their work and are doing their best, but maybe it is just a job. But the head honchos should care. Even if they don't really care about you, or I, or the game itself; they should still have some regard for their career and the $$$.​
2. You have no confidence in the product

This is not good, but it does happen. Sometimes things don't work out, and you got to call your losses. But you can't hide from failure.​
Problem is TW has had nearly 2 years of selling the game as "Early Access" now to either admit/realize they don't have what it takes to make things work, step it up/innovate to reach said goal, or at the very least dial back the scope of the project to something they can accomplish in a reasonable amount of time. (In which case you should absolutely communicate such plans to your audience)

Now yes many games go through "development hell", but more often then not that's due to funding or staffing issues. Occasionally there will be bad code, or a feature that is just really difficult to implement or get working. But literal games have been fully developed in the amount of time this game has been in Early Access. But we also know full well the core of this game was functional around 2016, so honestly the current state of this game is rather inexcusable in 2022.

IDK TW can do whatever it wants I guess. But so can we. Honestly I'm amazed 20,000 users are still actively playing this game. Seems like a good waste of loyal fan base.

You know what just lie to me. Tell me the big feature of 1.7.2 is Elephant Mounts. At least let me fool myself that is the case for this March/April.

Please? Pretty please?

IDK TW can do whatever it wants I guess. But so can we. Honestly I'm amazed 20,000 users are still actively playing this game. Seems like a good waste of loyal fan base.
Because there is no alternative on the whole market.
I understand you are all eager to see the patch drop
For me it would be more than enough to know on what "you" are working on...but this dead silence with zero information since two months well...that´s bull****.

I also was 1,5 hours to early in my prediction, still better than Pepes stuff Kappa.

I believe that TW really believes that posting once a week: "no update, no eta" is a form of communication and providing useful information to all EA supporters.

But whatever, today TTW 3 will be was released:

Last edited:
@Dejan Can you at least give us something on what this 1.7.2 patch does? We are literally playing in the dark here. I dont understand why we dont have some sort of roadmap that we can all look to, to see what kind of updates are coming.

Back
Top Bottom