Beta Patch Notes e1.7.1

Users who are viewing this thread

The best way to process these would be to open a topic in the support section (these are then associated with our internal tickets and updated based on them). Similarly, if you are prompted with the dump uploader absolutely DO upload the dump. It helps immensely.

If you haven't and won't do either of those and the savegame is vanilla, I can forward it as well.

I have uploaded crashes several times. I'll open the saved game later today without mods and see if the issue is still present- and upload it if it is.

Well... can we expect something this week?
So many things still to be improved/implemented/balanced...
Time flies and I feel like TW's To Do list keeps expanding...

Well... can we expect something this week?
So many things still to be improved/implemented/balanced...
Time flies and I feel like TW's To Do list keeps expanding...
Soon™
@Dejan can we get an update on what's going on. We get very general information. Is 1.7.2 getting close or are their issues. Just something a little more informative would be great.

Last edited:
Soon™
@Dejan can we get an update on what's going on. We get very general information. Is 1.7.2 getting close or are their issues. Just something a little more informative would be great.
?When 1.7.2 is released it will be necessary to load all games started before 1.7.1 into 1.7.1 and save them in version 1.7.1, but only the ones you loaded and saves on 1.7 first, so that they can be played in 1.7.2, where you can use your saves from 1.7.1 freely without worry of any changes to game content?
There's probably gonna be some fixes of update to the OOB screen and maybe even banners, how do I know? I don't.

?When 1.7.2 is released it will be necessary to load all games started before 1.7.1 into 1.7.1 and save them in version 1.7.1, but only the ones you loaded and saves on 1.7 first, so that they can be played in 1.7.2, where you can use your saves from 1.7.1 freely without worry of any changes to game content?
There's probably gonna be some fixes of update to the OOB screen and maybe even banners, how do I know? I don't.
Because of the last update, I spent a good 20 minutes going through my old saves and purging the stuff I have not used in a while. It's probably for the best, Darwinism for those old, tired saves that don't belong anymore lol
I'm really hoping they add a bit more to the OOB system because not being able to "easily" move units into the groups you want them into (I saw your video, great by the way!) is a big hassle.

Because of the last update, I spent a good 20 minutes going through my old saves and purging the stuff I have not used in a while. It's probably for the best, Darwinism for those old, tired saves that don't belong anymore lol
I'm really hoping they add a bit more to the OOB system because not being able to "easily" move units into the groups you want them into (I saw your video, great by the way!) is a big hassle.
My solution was to just copy all the saves into another folder and delete them form the normal one, because at some point it started to slow the save time so have too many, like 100+. But then I had go through a pick out the few ones I might actually want and put them back in the folder to save them in 1.7. It was only 2 or 3 games I actually care about though. I'm hoping for the OOB, maybe a second sorting button to just list and click each troop in the basic type so player can just grab what they're most concerned with. I think in most cases they probably have one or 2 troops types they want to isolate, but if they want to tailor all 8 groups they should be able to. For now it almost works with the sliders, but gets messy in a army when you have all kinds of similar troops and it's unreasonable to find out the exact number all the time.

Question, would mods from 1.7.1 onwards would still work for other versions of the game or will they crash?
I believe they´ll still need updates but it all depends on the changes made with the patch I guess.

New improved 8k sheep texture? Mods should still be working! But changing other stuff (game code) will most likely still break mods.

:I've been really blue lately and could really use a new patch to help escape the torment of my mind. Too much historical reading is enlightening but it seems to turn out the lights the more I read. Plz, papa tale worlds release a profound patch today.:

I pray to thee, not as a god but as a nobleman with a noble cause. By pray I mean I speak to thee without seeking a retort.

I do not idolize thee as I do my Lord but I seek a distraction from a dark world so that I may rejuvenate and be able to combat the darkness around me at a later time. Idolatry gives more power to the messenger than the listener is aware of.

My purpose is hidden from me but I feel it slowly rising. I no longer wish to chase the mark in order to survive another day. There must be a greater purpose to I than to succeed to survive.

Why must our history be untaught and why must ignoble causes be glorified. I feel as if I am a golem finally learning to experience life without a casted spell. It seems the written word of today has the purpose of dark magic rather than enlightenment.

If you need assistance in your work then my body is yours as your story is truth hidden in a fantasy. If only those outside the Empire could see how they came to be. If only there was a way to quell the emotion brought about by dark magic, then perhaps the world itself may exhale a long-held breath.

:I've been really blue lately and could really use a new patch to help escape the torment of my mind. Too much historical reading is enlightening but it seems to turn out the lights the more I read. Plz, papa tale worlds release a profound patch today.:

I pray to thee, not as a god but as a nobleman with a noble cause. By pray I mean I speak to thee without seeking a retort.

I do not idolize thee as I do my Lord but I seek a distraction from a dark world so that I may rejuvenate and be able to combat the darkness around me at a later time. Idolatry gives more power to the messenger than the listener is aware of.

My purpose is hidden from me but I feel it slowly rising. I no longer wish to chase the mark in order to survive another day. There must be a greater purpose to I than to succeed to survive.

Why must our history be untaught and why must ignoble causes be glorified. I feel as if I am a golem finally learning to experience life without a casted spell. It seems the written word of today has the purpose of dark magic rather than enlightenment.

If you need assistance in your work then my body is yours as your story is truth hidden in a fantasy. If only those outside the Empire could see how they came to be. If only there was a way to quell the emotion brought about by dark magic, then perhaps the world itself may exhale a long-held breath.
Blasphemy?Heresy?

Considering Sandbox mode has completely unscripted gameplay, I think it wouldn't hurt to add a bit more scripting to the Campaign mode to make it a more satisfying experience.
This, if we want the normal unscripted experience we play sandbox, wouldn't the whole point of playing campaign be to have a more structured thing going on? Otherwise what's the difference between sandbox and campaign, just being spammed "stop the conspiracy caravan" when you're already busy doing stuff and starting off with a family?

Obviously it shouldn't be scripted to the point it becomes a linear on-rails shooter like Call of Duty, but the current campaign is so far from that, it could really benefit to have more interesting scripted moments. Otherwise, if it's essentially just playing sandbox but with pointless interruptions, I'd rather just play sandbox at that point.

This, if we want the normal unscripted experience we play sandbox, wouldn't the whole point of playing campaign be to have a more structured thing going on? Otherwise what's the difference between sandbox and campaign, just being spammed "stop the conspiracy caravan" when you're already busy doing stuff and starting off with a family?

Obviously it shouldn't be scripted to the point it becomes a linear on-rails shooter like Call of Duty, but the current campaign is so far from that, it could really benefit to have more interesting scripted moments. Otherwise, if it's essentially just playing sandbox but with pointless interruptions, I'd rather just play sandbox at that point.
I fully agree with you, but I would add to that one more difference - you don't have siblings in sandbox which makes playing it almost pointless at this moment, because you can start story campaign and ignore main quest after rescuing your family. This need to be addressed too, there should be more starting options for sandbox in regard to main charachter's family, clan tier, etc.

I fully agree with you, but I would add to that one more difference - you don't have siblings in sandbox which makes playing it almost pointless at this moment, because you can start story campaign and ignore main quest after rescuing your family. This need to be addressed too, there should be more starting options for sandbox in regard to main charachter's family, clan tier, etc.

I know its not in the base game but there are some mods that do that, like enabling you to already be a vassal or leading a crusade etc....

Mods are the future of this game

Back
Top Bottom