Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Damn the new bridge scenes are fun when you're defending. Clog the bridge with infantry and cavarly in shield wall, and archers will mow the enemy down from the side.

Can we please have the ability to assign troops to formations before combat again? The current system puts low armor units in formations where I ask for armored units. It specifically happens when I want to have Torguud/Keshig/Khan's Guard units in one formation and the lower tier horse archers in another formation. When I try to prioritize heavy armor in a specific formation it adds some of the low tier horse archers, whom obviously will die very quickly in melee combat. It is not an issue of having enough heavily armored horsemen, I make sure to adjust the slider accordingly. Leveling those lower tier horse archers is also painful right now, because the high tier units now also blend into the "low armor" formation :sad: If it was 1 for every 10 units I would not mind as much, but it's about 20% of the formation.

Can we please have the ability to assign troops to formations before combat again? The current system puts low armor units in formations where I ask for armored units. It specifically happens when I want to have Torguud/Keshig/Khan's Guard units in one formation and the lower tier horse archers in another formation. When I try to prioritize heavy armor in a specific formation it adds some of the low tier horse archers, whom obviously will die very quickly in melee combat. It is not an issue of having enough heavily armored horsemen, I make sure to adjust the slider accordingly. Leveling those lower tier horse archers is also painful right now, because the high tier units now also blend into the "low armor" formation :sad: If it was 1 for every 10 units I would not mind as much, but it's about 20% of the formation.
Hello, here's a thread with suggestions about this new Order of Battle system. It might be a good idea to post your suggestion there.

When I try to prioritize heavy armor in a specific formation it adds some of the low tier horse archers, whom obviously will die very quickly in melee combat. It is not an issue of having enough heavily armored horsemen, I make sure to adjust the slider accordingly. Leveling those lower tier horse archers is also painful right now, because the high tier units now also blend into the "low armor" formation :sad: If it was 1 for every 10 units I would not mind as much, but it's about 20% of the formation.
yeah it doesn't work as cleanly as I would like, what I do is just bulldoze with high tiers and throw the loot in a giant scrooge MC duck pile and use giving hand and paid in promise to pump up low tier troops that I care about like khuzait nobles. Of course you can also just put the big boys in a fief or even a clan party to go looter hunting with low tier troops..

@Duh_TaleWorlds @MRay @Dejan

Thank you guys for all your hard work, is there anyway you guys can expedite the caravans not making money bug (related to speed) and Empire troops not throwing pilums? I know these are not crash bugs but they use to work fine until around patch 1.5.9. They have been jacked for months and multiple tester have put in bug request. Thanks for any help on these issues.

yeah it doesn't work as cleanly as I would like, what I do is just bulldoze with high tiers and throw the loot in a giant scrooge MC duck pile and use giving hand and paid in promise to pump up low tier troops that I care about like khuzait nobles. Of course you can also just put the big boys in a fief or even a clan party to go looter hunting with low tier troops..
that exact scenario sounds like my cav campaign, have you been watching me? :smile:

Is no one getting constant crashes when opening dialogue of any kind with NPCs (ie after arena fights, pre-battle dialogue, town interactions, etc...)? Usually certain crashes come here or there with some change but this one is 100% a crash; reloaded several times; several files but all the same. You literally cannot bypass this crash which is very frustrating.

that exact scenario sounds like my cav campaign, have you been watching me? :smile:
I watched your live stream!

Oh look everyone's favorite map "annoying road thing" is still in the game. Can't wait to defeat at least 5 consecutive armies on it.
S4xQe.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom