Beta Patch Notes e1.6.5

Users who are viewing this thread

If Sieges are fixed finnaly in the next patch. That would be enough for me. Iam looking forward to the new additions. Especially to cut scenes and other small immersion mechanics.

You and I both know that isn’t true.
I don´t see any ****storm here and Dejan only said "it´s ready when it´s ready and it´s delayed because of reasons" which is no real information at all, so....I mean the next Elder Scrolls also will be ready when it´s ready. This information from Dejan is just "useless", still no ****storm?!

And don´t get me wrong, I´m not saying there should be a ****storm. Just saying TW could start providing us with more (any) information at all and it won´t hurt anybody.

Last edited:
If Sieges are fixed finnaly in the next patch. That would be enough for me. Iam looking forward to the new additions. Especially to cut scenes and other small immersion mechanics.
I don't understand this common sentiment: right now you can just treb down the walls and the siege pathfinding works good enough, so why is "Sieges are fixed" , (which I take to mean "troops go up ladders and siege towers, troops attack second door") even considered a big upgrade? And sorry @Bunduk because is this isn't just meant at you, I see this type of things said very often and I just don't get it.
You can already finish all the sieges in the game with trebs, so why does watching guys go up a ladder or siege tower really improve anything?
Also I wonder if ladder/tower enthusiasts know that with the improved ballista they will still take heavy losses while que'n up for the ladders/tower.

It's like graduation party for a 25yo getting their GED.... okay that's great and all but it's ABOUT TIME and no need for extra celebration or praise.

I don't understand this common sentiment: right now you can just treb down the walls and the siege pathfinding works good enough, so why is "Sieges are fixed" , (which I take to mean "troops go up ladders and siege towers, troops attack second door") even considered a big upgrade? And sorry @Bunduk because is this isn't just meant at you, I see this type of things said very often and I just don't get it.
You can already finish all the sieges in the game with trebs, so why does watching guys go up a ladder or siege tower really improve anything?
Also I wonder if ladder/tower enthusiasts know that with the improved ballista they will still take heavy losses while que'n up for the ladders/tower.
You are making a good point.
It is one thing that will improve the game experience but a lot of other features need yet to be implemented (banners, battle orders...) and also changed/improved (starvation during sieges, AI campaign behaviour, policies, governor perks as a player...).
The list is still long...

You can't satisfy every whining kid. Especially those of them who have no life and spending all the time on a game's forum writing thousands of toxic messages.

It would be true, only extremists like MostBlunted would rage about it.
Radical extremists ruining my games smh, can't believe this is Biden's America.
I don´t see any ****storm here and Dejan only said "it´s ready when it´s ready and it´s delayed because of reasons" which is no real information at all, so....I mean the next Elder Scrolls also will be ready when it´s ready. This information from Dejan is just "useless", still no ****storm?!

And don´t get me wrong, I´m not saying there should be a ****storm. Just saying TW could start providing us with more (any) information at all and it won´t hurt anybody.
If a patch got delayed, I'm pretty confident in seeing "Patch delayed lol Failworlds" threads.

And I don't disagree with actually knowing what's in the patch. Ngl, I'm terrified that this patch will release and there won't be a lot in it, so people will get slightly annoyed. That could be avoided if we know what is in the patch.

It's like graduation party for a 25yo getting their GED.... okay that's great and all but it's ABOUT TIME and no need for extra celebration or praise.
maybe because we want to play the game the way it's meant to be played??

do you think they just created ladders for the scene? to make the game looks good?

honestly you are all braindead on this forum

You should take heavy losses waiting to get on a ladder to storm a wall. That happened in real sieges.

You should take heavy losses waiting to get on a ladder to storm a wall. That happened in real sieges.
Yes, but then WHY is using the ladders GOOD? Why do people pretend to care? You save campaign time by not having to replace HQ troops when you build the trebs and destroy everything, it takes way longer to march back to ________ and raise up _______ troops then spend the time taking out the siege gear and the walls! I only attack strait away on maps where I know I can out position them and have minimal losses while shooting down at least 50% of defenders before charging up the ladders, I know it's unlikely even one other person reading this forum knows what I'm talking about, but not all sieges are the same.

?Oh what's that? you're gonna get half your troops killed no matter how you do it because you're bad commander with no creativity, well good for you! And this isn't aimed at anyone in particular, but if you think you have to lose a ton of troops ever or you should, you're just being lazy and you're digital troops deserve better! ?

maybe because we want to play the game the way it's meant to be played??
Oh the laziest, most wasteful, skill-less way you could do a siege and it's ruined by a bug, oh what a great update to finally be able to ram guys up a ladder faster! This changes everything!??‍♂️

I know we're all sick of waiting for this patch but chill out a bit bro

they just want to be able to see their troops fight battles on walls

If you don't yell at your troops assaulting the walls "Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more", you are not playing the game right. There's nothing heroic about using exploits to win as heroic quotes don't apply. Well, maybe "It's over Lord Bot, I have the high ground", but that's just a meme.

I don't understand this common sentiment: right now you can just treb down the walls and the siege pathfinding works good enough, so why is "Sieges are fixed" , (which I take to mean "troops go up ladders and siege towers, troops attack second door")
I prefer to have complete sieges myself for 2 reasons : 1) It is slightly more immersive 2) It makes taking a city feel like a real achievement because of the time i invested in it.
I do understand the need for ladders and siege towers though. With the way armies recover now, sometimes the sound strategic approach is to storm a castle because you see a 3rd army coming and you just can't afford to loose more men before taking your objective.
If i had to chose, i would entirely skip building a Ram because of the way scenes are designed, the path to the doors is like a kill box and once your troops breach the door, it is a meatgrinder in the doorway.
Being stuck with this as an option for rushing is really bad and siege towers are significantly much better then ladder (More men at a time, a platform, more breathing room for when you decide it is time to join the lads at the walls)

@Dejan Hey there my dude, my buddy, my pal ! I was just wondering if there would be any patch this week or the next. Got any info to share If the good folks managed to defeat that pesky blocker you mentioned and any anticipation of some juicy hot battle system ?

Back
Top Bottom