Beta Patch Notes e1.6.5

Users who are viewing this thread

@Dejan is there going to be a patch this week?
giphy.gif

any roadmap plan release as the year of 2021 approaches its end?
I think we will get a new Roadmap when the battle terrain system is out. It is the last large point on the Plans for singleplayer and engine List and at some point a Dev said that they want to finish this things first before they release a new post.

I think we will get a new Roadmap when the battle terrain system is out. It is the last large point on the Plans for singleplayer and engine List and at some point a Dev said that they want to finish this things first before they release a new post.
Your prediction fulfillment ratio is kind of low.
There's no need for a roadmap until after the release, vaguely covering post-release features and DLCs. And even then they will be late and take months after the release to announce such a roadmap. Remember the last roadmap and the delays, just like every time they need to deliver something. There are no signs of lessons learned and improvements.

There is still a lot of major stuff missing from their last "roadmap". They have 7 months left to finish the game if they want to hit their target this time. If we´re lucky we´ll get 1 major feature with the next real update, whenever this will be.

So nope, I don´t think we´ll see another post from them like their last "roadmap". But like MadVader said, we´ll get DLC for sure. They would be stupid not to release DLCs with this high amount of copies sold. But I won´t expect that much. After the release and the console port, they will change their main focus on their space and lasers game, if it isn´t already their main focus.

The game is very positively received in general, despite being early access still and the doom and gloom that goes on here. I don't think redemption is really applicable.

The game is very positively received in general, despite being early access still and the doom and gloom that goes on here. I don't think redemption is really applicable.

If you can ignore "EA" (after 8 years in development) vs "Release" semantics, both had significant sales and were "playable" after EA/Release. Both had many promised and/or core mechanics are not working or not implemented.

Hello Games made great progress in the following years by adding compelling features (fixing bugs and optimizing is a given) and completing the promised game. TW has yet to demonstrate working sieges.

In fact, I can't think of an "Oh Wow" feature that has been introduced in the last 6-12 months.

In fact, I can't think of an "Oh Wow" feature that has been introduced in the last 6-12 months.
Hey, have you forgotten barbers? Or a sheep texture? How could you!

But, being serious, I agree. Some updates are just "alright", some are "meh, waiting for the next one", but none were something of a game changer for me. I was really happy last year, when they introduced a truce period. But then they deleted it and replaced it with the voting system, so now we have a never-ending multi-faction war again in the late game.

Latest updates were okay, but far from mind-blowing.

I agree progress has been way too slow, but I would call prison breaks and keep battles "wow" features. Also, promoting companions to nobility and spear bracing are good.

Of course, it's questionable that those are the biggest features they made in 6 months. 1.6.6/1.7, considering its delay, will hope™fully have a big feature in it.

Back
Top Bottom