Beta Patch Notes e1.6.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there any plan to add any significant features to the game any time soon or are we just in an endless loop of making minor additions and breaking a bunch of stuff? Speaking of plan, wasn't there an announcement at the beginning of the year about sharing a detailed roadmap?
Check the Future Plans post they made in August.

When you press the holster button it opens a combat log or something that stops you from playing and beings typing the keys you press. You have to press enter to close it. Every single time

The melee cav changes are great on first encounter, but now it seems melee cav wants to continue to build distance to continually couch and charge which is leading to them getting chopped up and shot up by light/ranged cav.

Tourney changes are cool, as are the UI QOL features. Hope to see Order of Battle and the Terrain System soon with the custom cutscenes for major events.

Yea, just increasing their attempts at couch lancing isn't really going to solve the problem. It just adds another problem of cav always adjusting to try and couch, but rarely actually gaining the needed distance.
I think a major part of the problem with cavalry are that infantry are superhumanly accurate at hitting a horse charging at them at 40km/h, cavalry lances typically don't outrange the infantry they're attacking, and cavalry easily get caught up in even thin infantry formations due to lack of knockdown.

If Banner Knights charge a group of looters they often miss their long lances while the looters rarely miss their short hammers.

Cavalry should be effective against any infantry that doesn't have a pike or large shield for their protection. But as it stands, cavalry are ineffective against almost all infantry. Twohander infantry realistically should be very vulnerable, but right now they slaughter them on contact, e.g. menavliations.

And the root cause is that infantry is much better at hitting charging cavalry than the other way around. Melee cavalry will remain garbage until this is fixed.

Last edited:
Cavalry should be effective against any infantry that doesn't have a pike or large shield for their protection. But as it stands, cavalry are ineffective against most infantry.
5rz7ua.jpg

Since updating to 1.6.5, when I try and change the game options i get a messaging saying "error: Cannot create config data". I've restarted my PC and same problem.

Cannot drop off prisoners in ally towns/castles. Every ally town/castle dungeon says its already at max capacity, no matter how few prisoners are actually in them.

What happened to snow?

It looks horrible now.

Horses kicking up snow at night have the daytime animation so it makes the snow look like its glowing.

Cannot drop off prisoners in ally towns/castles. Every ally town/castle dungeon says its already at max capacity, no matter how few prisoners are actually in them.
Could you send us the save file for this issue?
Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
You can send your save files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I think a major part of the problem with cavalry are that infantry are superhumanly accurate at hitting a horse charging at them at 40km/h, cavalry lances typically don't outrange the infantry they're attacking, and cavalry easily get caught up in even thin infantry formations due to lack of knockdown.

If Banner Knights charge a group of looters they often miss their long lances while the looters rarely miss their short hammers.

Cavalry should be effective against any infantry that doesn't have a pike or large shield for their protection. But as it stands, cavalry are ineffective against almost all infantry. Twohander infantry realistically should be very vulnerable, but right now they slaughter them on contact, e.g. menavliations.

And the root cause is that infantry is much better at hitting charging cavalry than the other way around. Melee cavalry will remain garbage until this is fixed.

That is actually definitely part of the reason why cavalry is bombing. If cav actually manages to properly re-adjust, they are immediately met with superhuman peasants with rocks and sticks that knock the hell out of them.

yup, vanilla cav has too short lances so they get hit by infantry before hiting them most of the time, only pikemen should have longer polearms than cavalry.

with mods like RBM that properly adjust the length of lances this problem drastically decreases since cav has the reach to hit inf before being hit themselves.

yup, vanilla cav has too short lances so they get hit by infantry before hiting them most of the time, only pikemen should have longer polearms than cavalry.

with mods like RBM that properly adjust the length of lances this problem drastically decreases since cav has the reach to hit inf before being hit themselves.
Yes and all unmounted units are over tuned to hit a rider with any weapon compared to the reverse. My guess is the problem starts with so many others in trying to make units relatively equal for the captain mode and other MP stuff. It's another problem too that low tier troops are fully functional in melee. The skills don't matter if the baseline is already perfect timing and speed to hit anything. Anyway, yeah cavalry is still embarrassing and frustrating. There's tiny bit of improvement just in how many will connect the charge, but they fail to kill HA, fail to kill other Cav, still have a few going into a SW on the opposite direction, get stuck in clinch with enemy Cav formations and of course still get killed too easily.

Bug Report

1.When you press the holster button it opens a combat log or something that stops you from playing and beings typing the keys you press. You have to press enter to close it. Every single time

2. Finances gets in way of assigning roles in party.
nnp4Squ.png

3. Long Battanian Tartan shows boobs on female

nnp4Squ.png
Nice, I know it´s EA and it´s the latest beta but still...stuff like this should have been tested by TW before they release it...I mean this update is small overall and still...it´s the same as month agos, they put some stuff together, release it and and use the players as they testers for even simple things like this.

I also have weird dancing snow lines in the sky.
I like the new UI changes to the party roll selection, but as mentioned by @Darkening Demis, the finance overview overlaps it.

Bug Report

1.When you press the holster button it opens a combat log or something that stops you from playing and beings typing the keys you press. You have to press enter to close it. Every single time

nnp4Squ.png

3. Long Battanian Tartan shows boobs on female
Thanks for the reports. Please use technical support board so that we don't miss reports like these.
Forwarded the first one to QA for investigation. We were aware of the finance issue and fixed it but the fix was not part of the last hotfix. It will be sent as soon as possible. The armor issue fix is in the works at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom