Beta Patch Notes e1.6.4

Users who are viewing this thread

patchnotes-b-e164.png

Beta e1.6.4​

Singleplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred while returning to the world map.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred due to text area calculation.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when talking to a minor faction hero in an army for the first time.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred while refreshing army visuals after loading the game.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred after loading an old save file.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred due to 'Galter' being imprisoned.

Performance
  • Battle and siege optimisations.
  • Fixed many campaign map related spikes.

• Turkish localisation updates.
  • Other general localisation improvements.
  • Text updates and small fixes.

Art
  • Added a crown for Khuzait lords.
  • Sound fixes for Battania scenes.
  • Minor fixes for Khuzait and Empire scenes.
  • Improvements to some materials and textures.

Animations
  • Fixed a bug that caused some agents to fly in civilian missions due to an animation problem.

UI
  • Added a scrollbar to the settlements list in the abdication kingdom decision left-panel.
  • Fixed some issues with item comparison in the inventory.

Clan and Party
  • It is now possible for players to promote companions into nobles with their own clan. In order to use this feature, the player must:
    • Be the leader of a kingdom.
    • Have at least one fief.
    • Have an active companion that is not a family member.
    • Have 20.000 Denars and 500 Influence ready to spend for the promotion.
    • Once the conditions are met the player can initiate the dialogue with a companion about their promotion. The player will grant the companion one of their fiefs and will be able to name their clan. The newly created clan will be a tier 2 clan and receive a 50 relation bonus with the player’s clan.
  • Removed influence gain from donating troops to a clan member's party.

Armies
  • Factions will no longer create armies if they are not at war.

Settlement Actions (Town, Village, Castle and Hideout)
  • Fixed a bug that prevented prisoners from being donated to towns.

Quests & Issues
  • Fixed an issue that allowed hostile settlements to be selected for the "Deliver the Herd" quest.

Conversations & Encounters
  • Removed the ability to attack enemy parties after accepting the safe passage agreement via the "Surrender or die" dialogue.
  • Fixed an incorrect dialogue option that would appear after a successful barter with bandits.
  • Fixed a bug that caused extra candidates to appear in marriage barters.

Other
  • Glaive weapons used in Khuzait tournaments now deal blunt damage.
  • 'Khuzait Darkhan' now has 60 Bow Skill Level and 80 Throwing Skill Level (previously 80 Bow and 60 Throwing).
  • Reduced the weight of 'Fringed Cloak' to 0.5 from 4.0.
  • Removed the non-civilian weapon 'Heavy Flanged Mace' from Khuzait noble civilian equipment sets.
  • 'Legionary Reinforced Studded Harness' now provides 6 arm and 7 body armour (previously 8 arm and 6 body armour).
  • 'Legionary Studded Harness' now provides 4 arm and 7 body armour (previously 4 arm and 6 body armour).
  • 'Leopard Pelt' now provides 4 Body armour (previously 7 body armour).
  • 'Legionary Padded Straps' now provide 9 body armour (previously 11 body armour).
  • Switched 'Reinforced Chainmail Barding' from Sturgia to Vlandia item pool (meaning it is now available in settlements with the Vlandian culture).
  • 'Vlandian Militia Archer' and 'Vlandian Militia Veteran Archer' have been renamed to 'Vlandian Militia Crossbowman' and 'Vlandian Militia Veteran Crossbowman' respectively.
  • 'Conspiracy Raider' is no longer shown as upgradeable to 'Khuzait Lancers' in the encyclopaedia.
  • Changed Derthert's battle armour template with a more lordly one.
  • Fixed a bug that caused some companions to act like villager agents in village civilian scenes.

Multiplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred while trying to display player names.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when connecting to a match.

Other - Miscellaneous
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the team selection screen from being displayed in Siege mode.

Both​

Performance
  • Improved multi-core performance of missile physics.

Combat
  • Ballista Improvements:
    • Increased the fire rate.
    • Decreased the flying curvature.
    • Added a sight.
    • Improved AI usage.
    • Minor animation tweaks.
    • Corrected the ballista bolt's centre of mass.
  • Attacks now take into account the relative movement speed between the attacker and the target when deciding if an attack will bounce or not.
  • A system that approximates local superiority has now been implemented.
    • This helps AI agents to distinguish a nearby lone enemy that they can kill from a group of enemies. They can then choose to fight or move towards their assigned tactical position in hopes of better odds.
    • A minor random element was also introduced that slightly influences decision scores.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented units from using shields while being shot at by archers.

Modding​

• For further explanation and additional information on the modding changes check the following thread: e1.6.4 Modding Adjustments
  • Font atlas generator is now available to modders. Modders can generate new font files with custom TTF files and use these fonts in game. We've also created documentation on how to use this tool: http://docs.modding.bannerlord.com/asset-management/how_to_add_custom_fonts/
  • StoryModeEvents.RemoveListeners do not need to be explicitly called anymore. Now, StoryModeEvents is added as a CampaignEventReceiver.

Known Issues
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/known-issues.401168/

Hotfix 14/10/21

Singleplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when trying to access the inventory while being held captive. (Also in e1.6.3 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when loading a save file. (Also in e1.6.3 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when an agent successfully blocked multiple attacks on the same frame. (Also in e1.6.3 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when a quest giver died. (Also in e1.6.3 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when the "Destroy Raiders" quest timed out. (Also in e1.6.3 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when entering a smithy that contained Crafting Orders for modded items that had later been removed. (Also in e1.6.3 hotfix.)

Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that caused rebelling garrison or militia party leaders to be members of the faction they are rebelling against. (Also in e1.6.3 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a bug that caused fief ownership to remain with an eliminated clan if that clan was the leader of a faction. (Also in e1.6.3 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a bug that prevented item donation perks from giving experience. (Also in e1.6.3 hotfix.)
  • Fixed an issue related to gamepad input. (Also in e1.6.3 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a bug that caused the faction data for mercenary clans to be incorrect. (Also in e1.6.3 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a bug that caused marriage barters to be broken.
  • Fixed a bug that was causing defender archers to mistakenly switch into melee mode in sieges
  • Fixed an issue that caused objects on the character creation and education screens to be missing.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the wrong child models to be rendered.
  • Fixed an issue that caused visual glitches on the character creation screen.

Last edited:
  • It is now possible for players to promote companions into nobles with their own clan. In order to use this feature, the player must:
  • Once the conditions are met the player can initiate the dialogue with a companion about their promotion. The player will grant the companion one of their fiefs and will be able to name their clan. The newly created clan will be a tier 2 clan and receive a 50 relation bonus with the player’s clan.
Thanks, TaleWorlds.
But will the companion get a family or will it only him in the new clan?

Edit:
Tested it myself and they get two members for their clan.

Edit2:
I have checked the culture of my new vassal clan and there are listed as a Sturgia clan, but I have made a Empire companion Clan Leader.
The clan should be Empire, not Sturgia.
Why there are a Sturgia clan?
Because I have granted them a Sturgia Castle, the clan culture should be set by the culture of the companion.

Last edited:
Thanks, TaleWorlds.
But will the companion get a family or will it only him in the new clan?

I guess we still get to to choose to marry him / her.
That would probably fix the gigantic number of children I have that are useless right now.

But I guess they can marry on their own just like any other nobles.
Since they get the noble status.

Clan and Party
This will be fun to test out, but already see an issue with when the player wants to a take new fief to make a new clan (from companions) but is unable to own the fief do to "the game"'s election system and forced to give fiefs to already existing clans.

Ok I had no idea they would push this feature before Battle Terrain System, not that I'm complaining at all but I'll stop procrastinating and make a proper suggestion regarding my main grievance about the game right now and the heir module so to say ( like I said it is around the gigantic number of children I have on my clan that are useless as hell )

I feel like few people are on a that point of that game to have fully grown children ( +18yr old) so I guess I'll make a proper thread on the suggestion section.
I can't believe I'm the only one bored by that ( I have yet to read someone complaining about this right here ).

As always, that's a very nice work let's see how it comes in game, good job. Still waiting for BTS tho ( not the K-Pop one hopefully, God forbid me )

This will be fun to test out, but already see an issue with when the player wants to a take new fief to make a new clan (from companions) but is unable to own the fief do to "the game"'s election system and forced to give fiefs to already existing clans.
WOW SUCH A BIG PROBLEM AIN'T IT? It almost feels like the ruling clan is not a constant option on settlement elections. Sacrifice a bit of you influence boi

Not sure if I understand it correctly, would you like to explain me like I'm five ? :grin:
  • A system that approximates local superiority has now been implemented.
    • This helps AI agents to distinguish a nearby lone enemy that they can kill from a group of enemies. They can then choose to fight or move towards their assigned tactical position in hopes of better odds.
    • A minor random element was also introduced that slightly influences decision scores.
What I understand is that now enemies will not cross each other without fighting just because they were ordered to go to a specific position.
We see that during siege for exemple, when you are alone on the wall and a group of enemy just pass aside you just like if you were not existing.
Now they will evaluate the odds and attack you (or any other lone ennemy).
Though I may be wrong and also I'm wondering about about the "minor random element"...

Underwhelming? It's a solid update for such a short period since the last one!
yup, i prefer these smallish updates focusing in one or two features at a time but releasing in a few weeks than waiting more than 1-2 months for one a bit bigger like they were doing previously.

下雨天什么时候能加进来?什么时候体积云能加进去?天空的月亮和星星什么能做的再认真一些,而不是一张破贴图?城镇居民房屋的室内场景什么时候能加进来,而不是窗门闭,毫无生气? 什么时候新建筑的脚手架动画能加进去,让领地看起来生机盎然?什么时候让我真的像个领主一样自己建设自己的城镇城堡,而不是用一句复杂就简单地推脱掉?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom