Beta Patch Notes e1.6.3

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe a better solution is for any quest giver to always offer multiple quests. And to develop quests that don't suck.
The better solution is to delete "Lord needs horses" from the game completely. It is so bad, I can't even pick the words to describe.

"Hello, I need Aserai horses, but we are in Sturgia, so, here's ten days for you, and yeah, we need 253432 horses, because you're level 31, good luck".

Seriously, no other quest annoys and infuriates me as much as "Lord needs horses" does. It is very often and it sucks. I ignore it every time I see it.

If I were a modder, I would address this problem (player X finds quest Y annoying but likes quest Z) by the game dynamically adapting to player quest preferences.
So if the player keeps finishing quest Z, its priority gets increased, or if the player fails to take up quest Y when available, its priority gets decreased.
I'm not sure if this is the best solution though, it's too much "let the AI take care of you" and less "you choose".
Maybe a better solution is for any quest giver to always offer multiple quests. And to develop quests that don't suck.
Maybe not based on the failing rate (because some players may try hard and keep failing ) but based on the refusal rate. Continuously refusing a type of quest would tag that specific quest as "undesired (or "anoying") and set it to very low frequency.
And yes it leads to your point about the necessity to add other quests...
BL current "issue" design does not allow multiple quest choice. It is purely RNG, based on frequency and specific conditions related to the environment / quest giver.
A great potential but it needs more pertinent conditions setting and 5 times more issues to make it feel less repetitive and more connected with the world...
The better solution is to delete "Lord needs horses" from the game completely. It is so bad, I can't even pick the words to describe.

"Hello, I need Aserai horses, but we are in Sturgia, so, here's ten days for you, and yeah, we need 253432 horses, because you're level 31, good luck".

Seriously, no other quest annoys and infuriates me as much as "Lord needs horses" does. It is very often and it sucks. I ignore it every time I see it.
The idea of the quest itself is not that bad, but defenitely not designed for mid-late game, when you are more helpful fighting the enemy than shopping.
One easy fix should be to limit the quest to a certain lvl of clan / party strength / player strength.

About the shopping quest in warband... I just remembered the most frustrating part.
Marshal was calling out for forming an army and the player, as a vassal, was requested to gather X troops and join the army within X days. It was always a pain in the a... to find the army and once you finally managed to join them, then you were asked to go buy some supplies...
Of course the time you were back (admitting you could find the army back) with the requested food, either the army got wiped out or marshal disbanded the army (or war ended)...

At least now in BL armies are easy to find...

Marshal was calling out for forming an army and the player, as a vassal, was requested to gather X troops and join the army within X days. It was always a pain in the a... to find the army and once you finally managed to join them, then you were asked to go buy some supplies...
Of course the time you were back (admitting you could find the army back) with the requested food, either the army got wiped out or marshal disbanded the army (or war ended)...
I'm surprised you haven't remebmered the "brilliant" quest where you have to find some pigs and bring them to the constantly moving army.

If I were a modder, I would address this problem (player X finds quest Y annoying but likes quest Z) by the game dynamically adapting to player quest preferences.
So if the player keeps finishing quest Z, its priority gets increased, or if the player fails to take up quest Y when available, its priority gets decreased.
I'm not sure if this is the best solution though, it's too much "let the AI take care of you" and less "you choose".

There is a game called Warthunder, their preferences system for maps in their matchmaking could be a good solution for quests. In their system you can ban 3 maps, dislike 3 maps and like 3 maps. Basically the banned maps are not chosen while looking for matches, the dislikes are less likely but you will get them if there aren't enough players and the liked ones are preferential if available.

It would also be easier to mod to user preferences by increasing the count for each assignment and you wouldn't have to worry about balancing a bias or resetting/tweaking it to see some quests mid game.

Smithing issue report:

I noticed that the final tier Warsword blade only has 40 swing damage which makes it totally useless with the length and material type this blade should be in the 70-75 range damage wise. It is a long blade of the best quality metal but hits like a dagger but slower. I'm sure this is just an error and wanted to bring it to the devs attention as it is one of the best looking swords in the game.

Hi, my current game is in 1.6.1, when I load to 1.6.2 or 1.6.3 there's this consistent bug regarding "empire Armour" for 6.2 and "Vlandian Armor" for 6.3.
I already verify local file many times, each time will result in 1 missing file that got downloaded but the bug remains the same. It cause the game to instantly crash and turn off.

I wonder is there anything i can do,

This.

Really wish the Tactics skill would have more use in actual battles, instead of being so focused on improving the player's performance in simulated battles, which ironically encourages "tactician" builds not to spend any time doing tactics
This is the description of the tactics skill in Warband wiki:
Every two levels of this skill increases your starting battle advantage by 1. Battle advantage determines how many soldiers you can have on the battlefield at the start of a battle and how large your reinforcements will be. This skill will also let you retreat from a battle with fewer casualties. Up to 7 additional battle advantage including party bonus.

at least this gave an effect while actually playing the battle instead of simulating it.

Re-emerging bug: Crafted weapons appearing as tournament prizes 1.6.3

So I crafted some two handed swords in Revyl and smelted them, none was sold at any point.

However went to a tournament in Omar and there was my crafted two hander as the prize.

This was fixed in a past patch but it is back again. Maybe check to see if the code patch that fixed this has been removed or overwritten.

This is the description of the tactics skill in Warband wiki:
Every two levels of this skill increases your starting battle advantage by 1. Battle advantage determines how many soldiers you can have on the battlefield at the start of a battle and how large your reinforcements will be. This skill will also let you retreat from a battle with fewer casualties. Up to 7 additional battle advantage including party bonus.

at least this gave an effect while actually playing the battle instead of simulating it.
Yeah, they should either try and make tactics useful in the order of battle system, or they should at the very least bring back that effect if they aren't able.

Hi there. I am a huge fan of permadeath/ironman mode affecting the main character. Could anyone please tell me if the developers intend to bring at some point this feature back to the game menu as an option? Thanks in advance.

Hi there. I am a huge fan of permadeath/ironman mode affecting the main character. Could anyone please tell me if the developers intend to bring at some point this feature back to the game menu as an option? Thanks in advance.
But... Main player may perma die and ironman was implemented a few patch ago.
Or am I missing something?

But... Main player may perma die and ironman was implemented a few patch ago.
I guess, the point was to implement death in battle for the player too. Right now (if nothing's been changed ever since), there's only a small probability for the player to be executed (2%). Yet, in my 750+ hours of playing, that didn't happen to me ever.

I'd like to know too. Last I hear they said NO, no plans for player to die in battle. What you could do is just roll some dice, pick an unlucky number each playthrough and each time you get downed in battle roll the dice, you get the number and you delete the save.

I guess, the point was to implement death in battle for the player too. Right now (if nothing's been changed ever since), there's only a small probability for the player to be executed (2%). Yet, in my 750+ hours of playing, that didn't happen to me ever.
Ah yes indeed player cannot die in battle.
Well, I managed to get my character dies after several body punishment in a row (option available when entering a town where you have a high criminality rate).
I think it happened because I did it repeatedly while in wounded status.

Well, I managed to get my character dies after several body punishment in a row (option available when entering a town where you have a high criminality rate).
Didn't know about this possibility, yet again, it is quite hard to get a high criminal raiting here and even harder - to keep it :smile:

Is it no longer possible to leave your companions behind? Usually you could talk to them via the party screen in a town or castle and tell them to stay there. Currently the "Talk" button is no longer available if you stay in a castle or town and use the party screen.

Back
Top Bottom