Beta Patch Notes e1.6.3

Users who are viewing this thread

I fail to understand your point.
Do you think being able to escape from any unwinnable battle by sacrificing only 1 single unit is good game design? Because that is the case right now.
At the point you've gone grinding to 200 skill in Tactics? For a skill that is otherwise useless like 90% of the time? To escape a situation that most players won't have happen?

Yeah, I think it is fine.

Ok we are nearly at the end of September.
I would probably lie if I've said the whole community wasn't patient about the features that got introduced in February.
Could we please get a general direction about this ? Thanks.

****ing good. Leave it like that. It can join the half-empty lifeboat of actually interesting perks instead of the endless embiggening of already bigass numbers.
I was going to say something like this too, like at least you get SOMETHING for 200 tactics, because TBH I feel it's a pretty weak skill, but then I thought NO it is a bug, so it's good he reported it.

I fail to understand your point.
Do you think being able to escape from any unwinnable battle by sacrificing only 1 single unit is good game design? Because that is the case right now.
It's going to be like Point."Many zeros" one % of player that ever even know or use this. TBH by the time I have like 50 tactics the window where I would ever run from ANYTHING has closed. And of course the player could just close the game to avoid this mythological AI that can defeat the player.

IMO they should fix this, but also revamp or replace tactics because it's just not a good skill.

Well ladders are useless as siege towers now. Majority of siege scenes have them only using one ladder again. I thought it was fixed. As long as the wall is level 1 we can use the ramp on wheels which somewhat works but its too small for the large amount of troops that push each other off of it to work properly.

Ok we are nearly at the end of September.
I would probably lie if I've said the whole community wasn't patient about the features that got introduced in February.
Could we please get a general direction about this ? Thanks.
You'd better ping Dejan for such kind of questions. Usually, he doesn't mind sharing a thing or two about the topic you are interested in :smile:

You'd better ping Dejan for such kind of questions. Usually, he doesn't mind sharing a thing or two about the topic you are interested in :smile:

I usually don't bother pinging because I guess they receive so many pings that it makes the whole purpose pointless.
I'm talking about the Battle Terrain System. February, yes.

what if 1.6.7 or whatever has
boats
Nope. Will not download anymore newer beta versions until the full release, boats or no boats. I have 1.6.0 working perfectly with 6 or 7 mods plus Loverslab's Captivity Events mod. I can happily wait for the full release, whenever that may be.

At the point you've gone grinding to 200 skill in Tactics? For a skill that is otherwise useless like 90% of the time? To escape a situation that most players won't have happen?

Yeah, I think it is fine.
This.

Really wish the Tactics skill would have more use in actual battles, instead of being so focused on improving the player's performance in simulated battles, which ironically encourages "tactician" builds not to spend any time doing tactics

This.

Really wish the Tactics skill would have more use in actual battles, instead of being so focused on improving the player's performance in simulated battles, which ironically encourages "tactician" builds not to spend any time doing tactics
And it doesn't even work! Even with 230 something skill and all the perks I still can't reliably kill of some random looters with auto-calc with out sometimes loosing a t6 khan' guard! I could have NO tactics and AC with some loses or re-load and have a decent chance of no-losses so wtf is the point of tactics if it's still not RELIABLE! Sure, I could probably win a normal battle with AC with some losses that i wouldn't have been able kill with AC with much lower tactics, but why would I ever want to do that? The way I got tactics so high was by constantly slaughtering hundreds of enemies with my forces in live battle, so WTF would I want to change that and use AC and accept troops loss? It makes no sense, tactics bad! I only put fp in it on my max cunning (for scouting) builds, but it and roguery aren't even worth thier FP tbh

I usually don't bother pinging because I guess they receive so many pings that it makes the whole purpose pointless.
I'm talking about the Battle Terrain System. February, yes.
Well, that's their job, after all. And Dejan's doing his job just fine. I usually ping him when there's enough time passed for some news about the new update - I don't remember him ever ignoring my questions.

@MArdA TaleWorlds , I'm not sure if it is worth creating a new topic, so I can report the bug here: I don't know about other people, but I'm getting crashes when I try opening the quest journal.
Thanks, we are aware of this crash and currently working towards a fix.
Fp8rB.png

I don't believe this a bug, but an oversight and lack of attention to the responsible @Dejan , @MArdA TaleWorlds

Just letting you guys know
What is the issue here? I was not able to see/understand the issue sadly.

What is the issue here? I was not able to see/understand the issue sadly.
13 body armor and 6 arm armor for something that doesn't cover the body.
Some armor values are still a little bit off. I remember seeing two helmets, each has the same armor class, but on was a little bit lighter. The heavier one was more expensive.

In general some item stats have to be revised and corrected, so that it makes sense. Also you should keep the values and the material the model is made of consistent. There are also some doubled names for some items, for example the Heavy Lamellar Vest from the Sturgians.

I would also love to see some of the units equipped with the newer items. You could also replace the Green Hood of the Banner Knights with the Western Hood, would be more consistent color wise and would only be a cosmetic change.

This.

Tactics should unlock formations and additional unit groups (pike and crossbows) and behaviours. (Like false retreat, or slowly going backward while staying in formation)

Bug report:

When selecting banner color in the new menu addition the color does not stick and reverts back to the default color. I had to manually go back and re-select my colors. I had this happen twice, the second time the color applied to my banner, but not the player cloths.
@Reiksmarshal Were you playing on sandbox or campaign? Were you installed any mods prior to this bug?

This.

Agreed. I enjoy the in-battle feedback of leveling up tactics but really, really want it to actually be meaningful in battles.

@Reiksmarshal Were you playing on sandbox or campaign? Were you installed any mods prior to this bug?
It was sandbox campaign with no mods, I picked the Celtic dragon banner with green for the color and white for the icon. The banner was the right colors but my character clothes were still the brown default color. I had to go back into the banner editor and reselect them to make the color apply to my characters cloths.

Back
Top Bottom