Beta Patch Notes e1.6.3

Users who are viewing this thread

Can you explain this change please?

Im away with work and cant play to find out for myself
It's the previous orders menu we had when the game first released which was much better tailored than the version TW modified later.

I'm really glad they added it back as an option.

It's the previous orders menu we had when the game first released which was much better tailored than the version TW modified later.

I'm really glad they added it back as an option.
Ah that's fantastic!

I still cant get fully used to the new one. The old one was great.

If anyone was wondering how the new ornate battle crown for Aserai lords (hopefully only for the King/Sultan) looks like, thanks to Artem's video, here's a couple of screenshots
iwplI.jpg
-uEB_.jpg
Unf
You guys are pre-maturely complaining about the 2% bot death. You should actually finish a new campaign and see how it goes. Most players will eventually decapitate every one anyways when they figure out they can't order vassals around or give themselves more fiefs, or make vassals take care of thier's or do anything useful whatsoever.
This. Let's keep it at 2% for a while and see how it goes.

Just installed 1.6.3, and there is still no music or instruments in the tavern....
fixed, I have music in the tavern, and npcs with musical instruments
How? Checked yesterday, didn't have nor music not instruments just as well as the dude above...
I uninstalled my game, deleted all my folders and installed it again - and my music and instruments were back in the tavern.
Went to bed, woke up today and now they are gone. Dafuq?
Do we have any word or news on the instruments and music being gone from taverns?
Save & load is breaking the musicians and causing musician-related issues. If you want to fix this right away you can try creating a new game. A fix for this will come with the next hotfix.

I do feel like graphics are looking worse than before

Also: delete captain mode from the game and give us battle mode. The way people abuse the AI and walk behind your troops to get aggro, and even if they die they just to take control over another unit is the stupidest thing I've seen in this game.

Last edited:
Save & load is breaking the musicians and causing musician-related issues. If you want to fix this right away you can try creating a new game. A fix for this will come with the next hotfix.
Any news about the slightly pixelated graphics bug yet? I've noticed that in my game too, yet my VC is NVIDIA, not AMD.

Have you tried deleting engine_config file under "Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs" ? If you haven't, can you report if it helped or not?
Hmm, no, haven't tried that yet. WIll try later and give a feedback about the results.

The heroes have ~2% death probability. (This is 0 medicine, with 100 medicine it is reduced to 1% and with 200 medicine it's below 0.6%. So having a good surgeon in your party really benefits if you're fighting a lot.) Another effect of the patch is that now the medicine is way more effective in changing death probabilities (e.g. you can achieve 50% reduction with 0 to 100 medicine) (Modified by a 30% wounded penalty, meaning in simulated battles it's about ~30% lower.)

A difference between the player-involved battles can be required to adjust the value. We try to find a way where the number of deaths the player witnesses is not significant but also, it's not so frequent that it creates problems for the sandbox. As always these numbers are tested through long simulations (without the player) taking into account the number of adults etc left. Currently, it's closer to the maximum. Depending on the feedback we will tweak the values.

A situation where the death probability is higher for the player-involved battle and player-related characters(companions and clans) can have two "lives", in their first death it is prompted to the player that the character is deeply wounded and have some sort of debuff (and then dying, if the character dies while deeply wounded". I believe some of our players also had a similar suggestion.

Because we tried to keep it as high as possible for you to witness the deaths of great lords but I believe the randomness can take away from the experience if someone you invested your campaign time in just dies by some random simulation battle in the far corner of the map. Even with the complex multiple lives (or progressive death chance as @AndrewArt suggest, how can we "rest" our companions and lords when other than actively keeping them in our party. Not a nice way to interact with our companions or clan members)

Armor is a nice suggestion and gives them another purpose in the game, I will discuss the survival effect of armor in the game with the team. (However, this would also reduce the probability of death for lords as well, making them a bit meaningless, because other than the player everyone who's killable in the battle is a lord.)

On the second note, we're working on a system to reduce the generation gap between the active members and populate the clans with more balanced populations, with that change, I believe the clan's health will not falter.

Thank you for your feedback.

The heroes have ~2% death probability. (This is 0 medicine, with 100 medicine it is reduced to 1% and with 200 medicine it's below 0.6%. So having a good surgeon in your party really benefits if you're fighting a lot.) Another effect of the patch is that now the medicine is way more effective in changing death probabilities (e.g. you can achieve 50% reduction with 0 to 100 medicine) (Modified by a 30% wounded penalty, meaning in simulated battles it's about ~30% lower.)
Has medicine changed at all for troops survivability?

A difference between the player-involved battles can be required to adjust the value. We try to find a way where the number of deaths the player witnesses is not significant but also, it's not so frequent that it creates problems for the sandbox. As always these numbers are tested through long simulations (without the player) taking into account the number of adults etc left. Currently, it's closer to the maximum. Depending on the feedback we will tweak the values.

A situation where the death probability is higher for the player-involved battle and player-related characters(companions and clans) can have two "lives", in their first death it is prompted to the player that the character is deeply wounded and have some sort of debuff (and then dying, if the character dies while deeply wounded". I believe some of our players also had a similar suggestion.

Because we tried to keep it as high as possible for you to witness the deaths of great lords but I believe the randomness can take away from the experience if someone you invested your campaign time in just dies by some random simulation battle in the far corner of the map. Even with the complex multiple lives (or progressive death chance as @AndrewArt suggest, how can we "rest" our companions and lords when other than actively keeping them in our party. Not a nice way to interact with our companions or clan members)

Armor is a nice suggestion and gives them another purpose in the game, I will discuss the survival effect of armor in the game with the team. (However, this would also reduce the probability of death for lords as well, making them a bit meaningless, because other than the player everyone who's killable in the battle is a lord.)

On the second note, we're working on a system to reduce the generation gap between the active members and populate the clans with more balanced populations, with that change, I believe the clan's health will not falter.

I've been testing a system similar to what you mentioned of multiple lives for simulation battles, a hero has to fail the check twice before that hero dies. In my current game the year is 1087 (started in 1084) and there are 28 heroes being tracked, this means they failed the death check at least once, and two that died for having failed more than once.

I did it by implementing a CampaignBehaviour to save the list of heroes and failed saves and so I could get a count every once in a while when the game is saved/loaded and by patching the method ApplySimulationDamageToSelectedTroop to call my method as well in the death or wounded if for heroes.

I will likely tweak the probability modifiers, like age so older heroes are more likely to fail. I've also noticed births are happening with a much greater frequency, I don't know if that is something that was changed to balance deaths or it is because I am playing sandbox instead of campaign or just never noticed in the first place.

This could also be useful to protect clans that don't have any offspring, an additional consideration when selecting which hero is going to lead a new party and to give them a chance to marry and have children.

Thanks for the breakdown.
This would be interesting.
I think companions are covered by the campaign option that reduces chance for clan member deaths, correct? While it will suck to have a companion die off in some foreign land, these are the moments that help create the story of your playthrough. If people really don't want it to happen then they can use the campaign option or keep them close/an emissary.
I think if you put in the 1st life wounded this would be less needed, but if you cant get that approved then high tier armor making a small difference would be cool(not enough to make it meaningless).
This I think is the most important and im super happy to hear you guys are working on this.
Thanks a bunch for jumping on and informing us!

Last edited:

Thank you a lot for the info! We need more infos like this!

For Armor my suggestion implies that different clan tier lords would get different tiers of armors, so not every lord would have the highest armor values and the most survivability. The highest clan tier lords would have highest survivability because they would get the best armors and would be more likely to reach old age and be seen and remembered by the player. Having some characters be more consistently alive in the world is a MUST, it paints for a believable story with actual life in it that clings to survive, where top of the food chain is making it more often than the bottom of the food chain, because other lords (from low clan tiers trying to get up in the world) would give the impression that they struggle economically and do not have access to the best of armors like a well renowned and successful lord would. Low renown = more death, high renown = more time in your story. It brings a nice flavor to the world. You could even go further and provide a training experience bonus for higher clan tiers so that those lords will have better quality troops than lower clan tiers (tier 4-5 troops vs tier 2's and 3's), to make it more believable that there is an economical gap between clan tiers. High clan tiers could also get a reduction in wages they have to pay, so that they don't suffer economically from the increased tier of troops like they did in the past.

If we had bandit lords and the such you could clearly taste the difference and diversity, because they mostly wear light armor so they would die very often in comparison to lords. it would be a very nice touch. But if there is no such thing (sadly), then there must be some poorer lords out there. How come the player (and his companions too in the future) are the only ones that could wear rags into battle, as vassals etc?

Other than that, I agree that the "resting" thing isn't ideal from a gameplay perspective, I was just brainstorming. I would really love to see armor make a difference in survivability though, I do think this is a great idea if implemented right (and it's an idea that makes the most sense), and hopefully we will see more variety in lords armor tiers and troop quality in the future.

Thank you also for the continued work!

Back
Top Bottom