Beta Patch Notes e1.6.3

Users who are viewing this thread

That's why exist the dynastic and marriage system , no? So Calradia won't be empty
If 2 year old babies can lead armies, yes, it won't be empty.

Otherwise, they will never have time to come of age before their elders have all fallen in battle.

With an average of 7 deaths per year, that is 126 deaths in 18 years, do you really think that the clans can handle such a carnage?

If 2 year old babies can lead armies, yes, it won't be empty.

Otherwise, they will never have time to come of age before their elders have all fallen in battle.

With an average of 7 deaths per year, that is 126 deaths in 18 years, do you really think that the clans can handle such a carnage?
So, what about balancing fertilty system and preventing clans not the be destroyed while exist a member? underage or not?
I'm sorry but, I'm truly trying understand why reducing 80% of deaths already is too much, they already nerfed the old age death chance for NPCs so that's something to help maintain.
And that depends... will truly be 7 deaths per year? battles doesn't mean that every time someone will die

I thought 5% would be for everything, player and NPC, same chances for all

Player shouldn' t get buff or advatages over the already AI, not AI... everybody knows a human can beat machine everytime
I did not speak of "player discounts". I ment ALL charachters falling in battles - same rule. Just that it´s not full-static :smile:

I know, i just place an new phrase on the answer doesn't mean was related to you, sry if felt that way
No worries, I just felt I needed to clear that possible missunderstunding :smile:

Next step - we likely need to reduce the number of lords falling in battle! If 2% of all fallen lords each year is 7, it means 350 times a lord falls in battle each year. That is a very high number!! I see 2 solutions:
1. More carefull AI. They surrender or escape battle and never fight in the first row.
2. They use leutenants/commanders - Noble Companions as leaders of their secondary parties. They are expandable.

In my opinion if TW simply made time pass a bit faster it would fix any and all balancing problems with the death feature cause children would grow faster to replace dead members of their clans.

Vanilla uses 21 days/season (84 days/year). The Pacemaker mod default is 7 days/season (28 days/year) and this change feels perfect to me in my testings.

You still have plenty of time to play your character before he/she ages but the general pacing of the game in much better with children growing and marrying having children of their own faster.

You also don't have to wait for eternity and a half just to take your own first son into your party as a companion which is a plus :razz:

Crusader kings has a death rate of about 5% for every character in battle (that can be reduced by perks aswell), a bit higher than currently in bannerlord but it's completely balanced by the faster passing of time.

Are you using an AMD card? If so please check if the anisotropic filtering setting is enabled in the AMD Control Center?
Thanks for replying mate. I've got an Nvidia card, I'll see if that's enabled in the Nvidia control centre.

I've uninstalled the game and it's still there. I'll try to revert to 1.6.2 and see if its on that branch.

The issue regarding the grid only started on 1.6.3, never seen this before.

Edit- When you get a second, watch Artem's (bannerlord content creator) new patch video on youtube. you'll see what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Thanks for replying mate. I've got an Nvidia card, I'll see if that's enabled in the Nvidia control centre.

I've uninstalled the game and it's still there. I'll try to revert to 1.6.2 and see if its on that branch.

The issue regarding the grid only started on 1.6.3, never seen this before.
Me too! Its because of 1.6.3.

Me too! Its because of 1.6.3.
I can see a grid overlay, can you? I wish I could post a screenshot but I don't have a imgr account.

The grid is annoying and makes the graphics look chopped up and pixelated for lack of a better word.

Edit- Thanks Piconi

The grid doesn't move which in turn distorts the appearance of whatever is moving in the game.
60beS.jpg
It's really noticeable on metal or shiny objects especially the helmet.
24_x1.jpg

Edit 2- Soooo, I just watched Artems new patch update vid and on the part where he's showing the new helmet and for the whole vid tbh, it looks like he has the grid thing too. I'm now starting to wonder if this has always been in the game? I'm pretty sure this is new and also now I know it's not just me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree.

Yes!

BASE deatch risk if falling in battle could be considerable higher. It could be 8-10%. Then there could be static prevention, from age, armour, medicine, athletics etc.

Most lords with a few of these preventions could end up between 2-5%.
Personally, I would prefer the death risk to be separated into two categories: death in battle (when a player participates in a fight) and death in simulated battle (AI vs AI).

The first one should be higher then a pity 2%, I even would've stayed with the previous 10%, but you may lower it down to 7% or something.
The second (AI vs AI) should be lower, since such battles happen more often, so the chance should be lower - about 3-4%.

@Dejan could you suggest this idea on one of the team's meetings maybe?

@Dejan What about the mass of the barding?
It takes into account the barding as well, not just the horse.
Personally, I would prefer the death risk to be separated into two categories: death in battle (when a player participates in a fight) and death in simulated battle (AI vs AI).

The first one should be higher then a pity 2%, I even would've stayed with the previous 10%, but you may lower it down to 7% or something.
The second (AI vs AI) should be lower, since such battles happen more often, so the chance should be lower - about 3-4%.

@Dejan could you suggest this idea on one of the team's meetings maybe?
Sure though I imagine a percentage as high as 10% in player battles could significantly impact the overall simulation over time, given that the player fights in many battles. Not saying that's bad but something to take into account. I'll bring it up.

In my opinion if TW simply made time pass a bit faster it would fix any and all balancing problems with the death feature cause children would grow faster to replace dead members of their clans.

Vanilla uses 21 days/season (84 days/year). The Pacemaker mod default is 7 days/season (28 days/year) and this change feels perfect to me in my testings.

You still have plenty of time to play your character before he/she ages but the general pacing of the game in much better with children growing and marrying having children of their own faster.

You also don't have to wait for eternity and a half just to take your own first son into your party as a companion which is a plus :razz:

Crusader kings has a death rate of about 5% for every character in battle (that can be reduced by perks aswell), a bit higher than currently in bannerlord but it's completely balanced by the faster passing of time.
Yes this would help a lot, i never played a campaign till the point my children are valuable clan members. It takes to long and the late game boredom sets in. The late game would also be more interesting if, after the dead of your character, your heir has new relationships scores and might have to fight against usurpers.

Yes this would help a lot, i never played a campaign till the point my children are valuable clan members. It takes to long and the late game boredom sets in. The late game would also be more interesting if, after the dead of your character, your heir has new relationships scores and might have to fight against usurpers.
Exactly, sure i can use mods and tailor it perfectly to my tastes but my point is that we shouldn't need mods to have a well rounded and polished vanilla experience, right now the passing of time is so slow that it makes the dynastic system completely irrelevant since you either get bored by the time you first character finally dies or someone already conquered the entire continent because it takes so long.

Was there anything of substance added to core gameplay? I'm not seeing anything. More tweaks and fixes. I guess improved modding is nice but man this seems really SLOW.

It seems that the item comparison screen in the inventory and trade window does not compare the same mode. For example a spear on the left side will show the stats for the one handed mode while the comparison window of the currently carried weapon will show the stats for the two handed mode.

I don't know if this is a new visual bug introduced in 1.6.3 but the roman numerals in the formation buttons are a little bit too much left aligned.

Back
Top Bottom