Beta Patch Notes e1.6.2

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm getting constant rebellions in my current playthrough (I'm king of Vlandia).

Just had three in a row in very quick concession (Jalmarys, Rhotae , Pen cannoc) and a whole load of others before that. Pen cannoc has probably rebelled close to 10 times in this playthrough. It's frustrating and not adding any enjoyment at all to have them this frequent. I know it's tied to certain mechanics but the threshold for triggering the rebellion needs to be raised because this is just tedious.

I'm getting constant rebellions in my current playthrough (I'm king of Vlandia).

Just had three in a row in very quick concession (Jalmarys, Rhotae , Pen cannoc) and a whole load of others before that. Pen cannoc has probably rebelled close to 10 times in this playthrough. It's frustrating and not adding any enjoyment at all to have them this frequent. I know it's tied to certain mechanics but the threshold for triggering the rebellion needs to be raised because this is just tedious.
Have tried increasing your garrison and food?

if you r king issue some laws that increase loyalty
AI is not very good keeping it above 30%

Pen cannoc ... if the AI puts a foreign Governor into it then there is a -4 penalty to loyalty, no wonder they always rebel

there are 2 policies that give a total of +3 loyalty which cancels out the culture penalty and with a governor of the same culture its a bit easier to hold a town, I do have a video that shows how to help stabilize your town

Shields health needs to be re-balanced a bit, they have too many hit points for as fast as battles are and rarely get destroyed during battle. I honestly think I preferred Warbands shield balance where each shield had a resistance / armor rating to represent quality of the shield but less health. The shields had lower health but would only take damage above the resistance level. In Bannerlord we got shields with ridiculous health 500+ and is just a crappy system. In battle I want to see shields getting destroyed as it adds to the chaos and immersion with shield splinters flying everywhere from overwhelming force.

Throwing weapons should be devastating to shields like pila and throwing axes, pila should pretty much be a one shot with a chance to hit the troop holding the shield. I have seen test where pila wreck shields and pernitrate them and hit the target with force behind the shield.

Last edited:
Shields health needs to be re-balanced a bit, they have too many hit points for as fast as battles are and rarely get destroyed during battle. I honestly think I preferred Warbands shield balance where each shield had a resistance / armor rating to represent quality of the shield but less health. The shields had lower health but would only take damage above the resistance level. In Bannerlord we got shields with ridiculous health 500+ and is just a crappy system. In battle I want to see shields getting destroyed as it adds to the chaos and immersion with shield splinters flying everywhere from overwhelming force.

Throwing weapons should be devastating to shields like pila and throwing axes, pila should pretty much be a one shot with a chance to hit the troop holding the shield. I have seen test where pila wreck shields and pernitrate them and hit the target with force behind the shield.

We asked for this at one point. And then they updated the throwing weapon damage in a patch! But they then nerfed it several hours later in a hotfix due to “player feedback.”

It is the shield health that needs adjusted, I would start with cutting shield health by 50% it is that far out of wack. When you have shields with 520+ health it is over the top.

Re-balance armor - make it better
Shields - lower health or go with Warband system

There are perks that make shields tougher, currently they are useless but if shields are made weaker these perks would fulfill their role and have a use if somebody wanted a tougher shield.

On the topic of throwing weapons the ragdoll effect is over the top, when I kill somebody with a javelin it looks like they are hit by a siege weapon and go flying 10 feet.

Hey, I'm appearing here every now and then to ask the same thing - Did they made the Order UI accessible again while enemies are fleeing? This thing annoyed me so much I stopped playing. It's so much against RP.

@Reiksmarshal

from personal expriacne from actaully using a kite shield in 12th century combat (i havent used a round sheild) i dont think javalin would do as much damage as you think

kite sheilds have a arc to them as in they arent flat this is to deflect blows away from the user (certain things like arrows and crossbow bolts will go thrugh if they have enough power) another factor is a bow is alot more accurate than a javalin since a javalin is just a spear that you throw rather than arrows are designed to try and keep alot more energy (this needs fact checking as its an assumption based on bow poundages of the 12th century)

bows will also produce alot more power than a guy with a javalin. Throwing weapons also begin to decline in use as bows and crossbows become more easy to produce and casue alot more damage. (thats not to say javalins werent used and they were and did casue moral damage due to things flying at the enemy but they were used less than bows and crossbows)

now in game terms as its not 100% realistic from i think warband sheileds were too weak but that bannerlord should have more weapons that do more damage to sheilds (like the axe bounus in warband) since i feel that would make heavy inf or shock inf with heavy weapons more viable against sheilds as they can weaken or destroy sheilds for archers down the line.

an issue i see arising with making sheilds weak to javalins or lowering health in general would lead to javalin men (which not all factions have) becoming god teir due to there accuracy that needs tuning down and if they could destroy sheilds in one or two throws the enemy now dies to more javalins or arrows and you get a Fian situation in that why recruit anything else when javalins would beat all inf easily

It's a very weird set up in bannerlord for sure. All shields seem too tanky, but yet all troops are still too vulnerable to ranged damage. In warband low tier shields would get blown away by decent ranged power but high tier shields would last a very long time against anything but the best ranged weapons ! I think it took 4 shots to blow off a huskarls shield with max powerdraw +masterwork warbow, which is of course much better then any troops has. In bannerlord trying to legit shoot off a shield seems to take much more (never counted though) even for basic militia shields but at the same time the units will easily be shot to death because of less coverage and strange approaches and the bobbing up and down of shield when not in SW.

Back
Top Bottom