Beta Patch Notes e1.6.2

Users who are viewing this thread

However can/will we see e1.6.2 in live? I'm interested to see how the cosmetic unlocks work.
for now, in game currency also not just items also banner signs/symbols are locked behind in game shop. I think i got myself got an answer and confirmation to this dessicion why the hell they disabled the ability for the custom banner codes in patch 1.3. I love when their grand plan effects sp players because they are too lazy to seperate sp and mp sometimes.
as always good job Tw.

for now, in game currency also not just items also banner signs are locked behind in game shop. I think i got myself got an answer and confirmation to this dessicion why the hell they disabled the ability for the custom banner codes in patch 1.3. I love when their grand plan effects sp players because they are too lazy to seperate sp and mp sometimes.
as always good job Tw.
They got rid of Banner copy/pasting in SP because it was causing crashes.... it's not even hard-coded you can easily mod it; make the change you want, then turn off the mod.

I know this is true - because I experienced said crash :xf-grin:

They got rid of Banner copy/pasting in SP because it was causing crashes.... it's not even hard-coded you can easily mod it; make the change you want, then turn off the mod.
it was't causing crashes they made it so, when you insert a custom code the editor will crash. If something like a easy mod can fix that why didn't they fixed in the first place? Do you really bealive that when you write that ahahaha.

I know this is true - because I experienced said crash
do you think that i didn't. What they did to the banner editor is on purpose.

it was't causing crashes they made it so, when you insert a custom code the editor will crash. If something like a easy mod can fix that why didn't they fixed in the first place? Do you really bealive that when you write that ahahaha.
The mod doesn't fix the crash (to my knowledge) - it opens up the editor again.

The crash was caused by inputting invalid data - as long as the logo you added was correct it was fine and worked. This was long before TW even acknowledged it. Maybe it was abit OTT to remove the feature all-together; but that was the reasoning. It's also why Copy-paste still works for character customisation (as no crashes as far as I'm aware).

This is common knowledge.

If you want to believe that Taleworlds purposefully sabotaged it so it crashed when invalid data was input; then so be it.

Last edited:
Maybe it was abit OTT to remove the feature all-together; but that was the reasoning. It's also why Copy-paste still works for character customisation (as no crashes as far as I'm aware).
Maybe they still didn't found a cosmetic solution to those part of for that creator ? Copy paste is also working for smith too if you want to change the the Conversation to that part i can go there too. I was just talking about banners and when you mention all of the other editors working why the hell banner is not so? Can you also find a bulls*** explanation from your somewhere of your body for that matter?

Edit:
You know Tw also good at making jokes. Like province names, lord names etc (Only Turkish speakers could understand) There is just one smybol that has cost of 0 ingame currency in that shop. Think what could that be. a fish symbol a ****ing fish symbol to resembles what you are for Tw.

Last edited:
Maybe they still didn't found a cosmetic solution to those part of for that creator ? Copy paste is also working for smith too if you want to change the the Conversation to that part i can go there too. I was just talking about banners and when you mention all of the other editors working why the hell banner is not so? Can you also find a bulls*** explanation from your somewhere of your body for that matter?
Could they have put the work in to fix it? Absolutely.

Should they? Unless they are planning their own proper banner editor update then yes as well.

I don't really disagree with that; I just don't think it was done maliciously.

Could they have put the work in to fix it? Absolutely.

Should they? Unless they are planning their own proper banner editor update then yes as well.

I don't really disagree with that; I just don't think it was done maliciously.
image.png

for now, in game currency also not just items also banner signs/symbols are locked behind in game shop.
It could be the case that they are planning to sell certain signs/symbols with currency ( real or in-game currency ) in MP but it's very unlikely that they disabled copy-paste in SP version of banner editor for this purpose.

So I don't think this is the reason why they removed it from SP. They did it most likely because of other issues.
Removing copy paste because it's causing constant crashing is one thing. Normal companies would fix that but TW enjoys taking away customizability ( as we saw in the battle size slider ) rather than fixing stuff and another reason is probably related to how they implemented clan defections. When you have multiple layers, color change is going wild and causing a lot of unwanted effects on uniforms and a lot of other stuff causing banners to look like crap. @Piconi will know what I'm talking about.

I think this last reason is also why they removed the old banner editor as well. It's sad because Old Banner Editor was actually a beast ( not talking about the EA version, Devs know what I'm talking about ) It would be really nice if they bring it back along with this mysterious banner update they are hyping about.

It could be the case that they are planning to sell certain signs/symbols with currency ( real or in-game currency ) in MP but it's very unlikely that they disabled copy-paste in SP version of banner editor for this purpose.

So I don't think this is the reason why they removed it from SP. They did it most likely because of other issues.
Removing copy paste because it's causing constant crashing is one thing. Normal companies would fix that but TW enjoys taking away customizability ( as we saw in the battle size slider ) rather than fixing stuff and another reason is probably related to how they implemented clan defections. When you have multiple layers, color change is going wild and causing a lot of unwanted effects on uniforms and a lot of other stuff causing banners to look like crap. @Piconi will know what I'm talking about.

I think this last reason is also why they removed the old banner editor as well. It's sad because Old Banner Editor was actually a beast ( not talking about the EA version, Devs know what I'm talking about ) It would be really nice if they bring it back along with this mysterious banner update they are hyping about.
I was't aware of the old Banner Editor. Since Tw became something unnormal. Even Armagan becamed ****tier then Paradox. He becamed what he most hatet. I became some what delusional about Customizability. Tw lazynes about fixing stuff just becamed deleting the ability to customize it. battle size slider, corpse count in Multiplayer, banner editor etc´there is lots of things they are just cutting. As you are experienced someone who used to experince old mechanics or saw the remnants of the codes they made, tournaments, duel etc. We never saw that features came back. Not even mentioning the things mexxico's told. I really don't understand the inside of Tw somethimes. People thinks it will be better after Corona but corona is not the cause of this near 10 years of bad development.

Even the mysterious banner update they are planning is just funny to me. If the current banner editor is a filler untill they release the banner update. Why they don't even used current banner bearing mechanics they had created as a filler. lots of people outside of this community thinks that banners made by modders. even some people on this forum thinks like that. Some developers even cursed and insulted customers in live broadcasts about banner bearing mechanics in the past.

If that Old Banner Editor is not something fits average joe i would not thing that it's coming back.

First of all - hold your horses a bit there my dude; i understand the frustration, but it seems much overdue as we knew all this kind of stuff was coming for a long time now, and we were all venting the whole of last year and especially the one before that.
Even though i don't have enough words to describe how much i despise the current simplistic banner color-insignia design (among other things), i wouldn't go as far as calling the main man "****ty" for it (or anyone else), and on the official patchnotes thread no less.
When you have multiple layers, color change is going wild and causing a lot of unwanted effects on uniforms and a lot of other stuff causing banners to look like crap. @Piconi will know what I'm talking about.
Yes, this is one of the main reasons why we actually need mods for custom banners in the first place. With some code change, and bringing back TW original banner editor (that was somehow extracted from the early game files and put on browser, with some external updates), we could do almost all of the needed customization from in game.
Now, along with the above mentioned browser mod and Banner Paste mod, we also need the Banner Persistence mod, with the most important setting being
allowColorChangeOnIconsMatchingBackgroundColor set to true.
The name of the setting says it all.
The game, however, recognizes only the one and only background layer as background, while all the other layers (aka assets) are secondary layers. Those are used by players to make complex shapes and some of them often are in the same color as the background, used to hide certain parts of other assets and thus make the needed shapes.
The problem comes when joining/changing a faction, your background layer changes to primary, and ALL of your assets (secondary) layers change to the same secondary color of the said faction, no matter their previous color. (not that i like the idea of mandatory color change of the banners in the first place).
The mod i linked above made it so that any asset layer matching background color changes to whatever the color background changes to as well, keeping the achieved complex shapes intact, only using different color combination.
We need this in the base game.

I'm experiencing stuttering in the world map and battles, is it just me? I've never had stuttering in battles before. very weird.

Not sure, I´ve never had this issue, but I´ve a pretty good PC. So I guess it is related to your hardware/settings.
That's the thing though. I play on max settings, after the latest update, I'm getting stuttering in battles which is something I've never experienced before.

Ghost parties after a big battle (and executions) they're just 0s wandering, not sure if it will cause any problems, harmless so far. The game crashes if I try to talk to them. I think I've seen this before though. They are gone after re-load.
91CAY.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom