Beta Patch Notes e1.6.2

Users who are viewing this thread

So I havent been playing for like 6-7 month, but will try a new game..
With the engine right now, what is the easiest way to make money, caravan og store? Is they still broken or are they fixed?

Smithing is still the easiest way to make money.

The rest is kind of a balanced. Caravans are quite safe when you haven´t joined a kingdom.
end game clan T6
i only smith when i can finish orders
my highest smith is 100, but yes 2H swords still pay 10k hope they fix this
smithing is kinda fun and fine with the new order tasks, but still needs a light overhaul.

I run 5 caravans, 3 towns, 3 castles , 6 shops+ 1shop as a smithy (that one makes 4o gold
2 clans , 1 has a town the other 2 castles

and the income can support :
Main party 4k - 5k gold gold
4 parties around 1k gold each
3 town garrisons 1,5 -2k each
2 castle garrisons 800 g
2 merc companies
1600 peace fee to 2 other kingdom

Last edited:
smithing :

the materials to make this 2H sword are around 140 gold
and the guy payes 14 000 gold

thats not balanced

can someone confirm this?

the "unlimited wage" setting does not save proper, every time i load a save it is checked
i think its only for cities, castles look fine

So I havent been playing for like 6-7 month, but will try a new game..
With the engine right now, what is the easiest way to make money, caravan og store? Is they still broken or are they fixed?
smithing, crafting orders, but for me I do bandit bases/quests and horse trading and make tons

Bug:

Balista improves Bow skill currently, it should be Crossbow skill.
Agreed, makes no sense for it to be bow. I was thinking the same thing. Also throwing skill from catapults is cool and all, but it would make more sense to gain engineering skill... If I throw a rock/pot by hand then it makes more sense to be throwing skill. Also if I'm pushing a ram/siege tower, I'd like to gain athletics. Just some ideas

Agreed, makes no sense for it to be bow. I was thinking the same thing. Also throwing skill from catapults is cool and all, but it would make more sense to gain engineering skill... If I throw a rock/pot by hand then it makes more sense to be throwing skill. Also if I'm pushing a ram/siege tower, I'd like to gain athletics. Just some ideas
+1 on these, would make engineering less of a grind to level if you gained it with siege engines.

Engineering from catapults/trebuchets and athletics from siege towers and battering rams are excellent ideas! +3

See this is positive feedback, in the industry we call it force multiplier! +4

Skill improvements from the suggestions:

Ballista - improves Crossbow skill
Catapult - improves Engineering skill
Rocks & Pots - throwing skill (complete)
Battering ram, towers, and ladders - improves Athletic skills

+5

See this is positive feedback, in the industry we call it force multiplier! +4

Skill improvements from the suggestions:

Ballista - improves Crossbow skill
Catapult - improves Engineering skill
Rocks & Pots - throwing skill (complete)
Battering ram, towers, and ladders - improves Athletic skills
+6

smithing :

the materials to make this 2H sword are around 140 gold
and the guy payes 14 000 gold

thats not balanced

Levelling Rebalance Plus smooths out the price curve for weapons. Makes crafting orders far more balanced. You shouldn't price it based on material cost though, because recovering smithy stamina is a steep opportunity cost and you can't buy any smithing resources besides Iron and Hardwood.

Speaking of which, why can't I buy Charcoal, have the blacksmithing guilds vertically integrated every stage of production? It sure would explain the high price of armour and weapons.

Last edited:
i did not do the math, but most items like mace and even javelins now have a makeup of around 10x

but 2H swords have 100x and they unlock like 10 new recipes

its not balanced, just adjust it and smithing is ok

Back
Top Bottom