Beta Patch Notes e1.6.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, Battanian=Fian. Nothing else matters. At least in the latest betas, they're easy to raise. My current character has all Fian tree with companions set up as HA with glaives.

Yeah, Battanian=Fian. Nothing else matters. At least in the latest betas, they're easy to raise. My current character has all Fian tree with companions set up as HA with glaives.
that's sad... I find throwing weapons the most fun but they're getting screwed in both singleplayer and multiplayer, both for the player and for units... I just want an infantry-based army but it's such a severe handicap to do this playstyle. At least playing as a mounted skirmisher is fun, I can even use the javelins/axes as melee weapons so it's really entertaining. So I guess I will try adding some mounted skirmishers to my roster, maybe it will disorient the crossbowmen a bit... God bless the fact that raiding caravans provides serious money, or the warhorses would be a pain to get.

Maybe after armor changes everything will balance out a bit more.

Finally got my hands on the update. The overall performance seems much better now. Though, I've gotta ask: is anyone else experiencing troubles with sounds at the beginning of any scene? For example, if I start a prison break, for some time there are no sounds but after some time all the sounds that should've been played during that period, are played all at the same? The problem disappears after some time, but still...

I'm clan tier 0 and a lord with a quest tells me that he can't bother me with such an unimportant issue. Also calls me "my lord"
Sarcasm. But probably it's one of those quests for same faction members or something, who knows.
Beside a few minor bugs, does anyone else feel like Battanian troops are terrible? The vlandian crossbowmen decimate them, even the caravan ones or villager crossbowmen. Also since oathsworns have lost their big shield, I feel so unmotivated to work to promote battanian infantry... wildlings again lose terribly vs crossbowmen, so I don't get what's the point of the battanian roster at this point. Literal garbage tier. I feel like they need a rework of their normal troops, skirmishers and "infantry" are all way too similar anyway, especially now that the oathsworns have the same shield as the wildlings...
Yeah infantry and Cav struggle against ranged, all types of ranged. Having a shield and being in shield wall help but is still not 'good' other then to soak up arrows while your own ranged kills the enemy. But no shield... no they just don't work in this game. I feel like infantry doesn't have a role in bannerlord, it's just there to hang out. Even using them as a SW is questionable because "Why not just more ranged?" or cheaper ranged to be a meat shield that shoots back? Inf doesn't have cheaper daily wages or any other utility. I wish they would add something special for infantry to do in battles.

Change this so that they don't chase after routing units unless the battle is truly over and they'll become a bit more effective (at least reduce their range of prioritizing routed units, so when routed units get X meters away from them they will stop chasing... infantry has no chance of catching routing units anyway).
Yeah this for sure. Nothing worse then seeing them turn butt out to chase runners while taking arrows/bolts.

@AndrewArt dunno if "lord" is a bug:
you carry a banner , have a nice surname so they may assume you are a kind of "lord"
7rqx8pI.png

Battles and Sieges
  • The bracing feature has been enabled for spears with handles with 230 base length and above
this one is only 190 long:

Sarcasm. But probably it's one of those quests for same faction members or something, who knows.

Yeah infantry and Cav struggle against ranged, all types of ranged. Having a shield and being in shield wall help but is still not 'good' other then to soak up arrows while your own ranged kills the enemy. But no shield... no they just don't work in this game. I feel like infantry doesn't have a role in bannerlord, it's just there to hang out. Even using them as a SW is questionable because "Why not just more ranged?" or cheaper ranged to be a meat shield that shoots back? Inf doesn't have cheaper daily wages or any other utility. I wish they would add something special for infantry to do in battles.

Yeah this for sure. Nothing worse then seeing them turn butt out to chase runners while taking arrows/bolts.
Shielded infantry are pretty decent if you're up against an enemy that doesn't know how to kite or flank with ranged (i.e. any non-Khuzait AI). Especially Empire/Sturgians. AI ranged just stand there usually, you can shieldwall advance towards them and shred them with legionaries... until a single cavalryman runs up behind the enemy infantry, causing them to turn around to chase the new closest target, exposing their backs to a withering hail of arrows.

I dread fighting Sturgians when I'm not in command of the whole army, because my allies will bum rush their melee wall of death that's typically camped out in some forested hill and get annihilated. I think the problem is they're strongest on the maps that are the least fun to play in (at least as a horseman), ones with lots of buildings, trees, and other obstacles.

There is one other special utility I can think of above all that. Looters upgrade into them once you have Veteran's respect, and it's piss-easy to get Looters to surrender to you at that stage in the game. So if you also have the donation XP perks, you can just absorb a few looter parties and have 50 legionaries ready go to at the cost of the last battle's loot.

Besides reworking battanian troops, I have a suggestion that could help infantry in general fare better against ranged. From what I've noticed, crossbowmen decimate the infantry because infantry likes to chase after routed units. Change this so that they don't chase after routing units unless the battle is truly over and they'll become a bit more effective (at least reduce their range of prioritizing routed units, so when routed units get X meters away from them they will stop chasing... infantry has no chance of catching routing units anyway).
Infantry won't pursue if you give them an Advance order instead of Charge.

As a few others have have also noted, the campaign performance (menu clicks, screen changes, etc) got better with 1.6.2 for HDD.

It is going better but there are still improvements to be made. Assets in general load very slowly when they are brought to screen for the first time.

Also, when clicked on in game menus such as Inventory, it seems like they sped up the time it takes the Inventory screen to cover the whole screen, but the asset loading and slide (left-right) animations inside the Inventory screen still lags a lot.

In other words, they quickened the way screen shows, but lags come after it.

Same thing happens in encyclopedia. So slow to navigate.

It even takes long enough time to make the background put by developers visible for a moment that is not intended to be seen normally. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom