Beta Patch Notes e1.6.2

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm waiting on banners + one more interesting feature to jump back in. Finished marriage? Relationship depth? Feasts?
Unless I'm missing some news from the past month or two, the only one of those that are happening is banners.

Maybe. If we're lucky and super good and eat all our vegetables.

Unless I'm missing some news from the past month or two, the only one of those that are happening is banners.

Maybe. If we're lucky and super good and eat all our vegetables.

Yeah it doesn't have to be one of those three. I've just always thought that the banners were a pretty pathetic effort and they are long overdue for an upgrade. I'd like to see one more feature that really helps take us back to the franchise but I won't hold my breath.

Considering the current "one update a month (maybe lol)" cycle during the game development, I think the update frequency after the official release will be even lower, so the mods lifecycle will be bigger
So our best hope is that TW is going for a slow pace to get a good game?

Just asking for a friend.

So our best hope is that TW is going for a slow pace to get a good game?

Just asking for a friend.

The game is already good. I think they’re going for PERFECTION and they’re pretty damn close.

Thanks for the hard work TW! Bannerlord ain’t perfect, and I know that because I, I being ME ( capital I, M E aka T3CHET) am perfect and can tell you what perfect is, was, and forever will be.

Just add blackjack and hookers.

Cheers!

Having caravans are not giving the player passive trade experience which according to the description they should. This would be a very nice boon for running caravans as they are a pain and get destoryed all the time.

The game is already good. I think they’re going for PERFECTION and they’re pretty damn close.

Thanks for the hard work TW! Bannerlord ain’t perfect, and I know that because I, I being ME ( capital I, M E aka T3CHET) am perfect and can tell you what perfect is, was, and forever will be.

Just add blackjack and hookers.

Cheers!
Bannerlord has had a lot of hard work put into it, and the framework of the game is good, and the early game is a good game where progressing is straightforward, the player has a good variety of stuff to do, and more skill=rapid progression.
But the midgame/lategame gameplay experience is still not good (yet).
It's too luck-based, repetitive, imbalanced, exploit-filled, and buggy. If you don't use exploits, then you can't have a proper impact in politics because your influence is pretty worthless and have to just hope it goes the right way, and the game's tactics are really shallow. Personality traits don't work as they should, sieges and armor and combat AI still don't work the way they should, and the weapons, skills, troop trees/types, culture bonuses, and various other aspects of the game suffer heavy imbalance that makes a lot of choices useless. They're working on all of this, of course.

Don't give TW a medal for making the whole game "good" before they've actually done so. It's a work in progress. By all means support them for what they have successfully done though, there is plenty about the game that's good, but it's not accurate to describe the whole game as good yet.

Last edited:
Bannerlord has had a lot of hard work put into it, and the framework of the game is good, and the early game is a good game, but the midgame/lategame gameplay experience is still not good (yet).
It's too luck-based, repetitive, imbalanced, exploit-filled, and buggy. If you don't use exploits, then you can't have a proper impact in politics because your influence is pretty worthless and have to just hope it goes the right way, and the game's tactics are really shallow. Personality traits don't work as they should, sieges and armor and combat AI still don't work the way they should, and the weapons, skills, troop trees/types, culture bonuses, and various other aspects of the game suffer heavy imbalance that makes a lot of choices useless.

Don't give TW a medal for making the whole game "good" before they've actually done so. It's a work in progress. By all means support them for what they have successfully done though, there is plenty about the game that's good, but it's not accurate to describe the whole game as good yet.

I don’t understand what you’re saying

Have you played the game?
fie hunnit AHHHHRS
Or is this a troll? Lol

giphy.gif

I noticed that I can barter with lords and get their lord prisoners for free. This must be a bug, right?

Because this is easy to abuse for money or influence

Athletic speed nerf is over tuned, finally got my Athletics up to 289 and my dude is still slow. I agree that Athletics speed was too much before but now it is not enough. I think if you could meet somewhere in the middle between where it is now and where it was probably be better. Enjoy playing foot characters but it just ain't worth the extreme effort it takes to farm athletic skill.

Radio silence. Last response from the devs was on 08.31.2021

@Dejan, could you unveil the mystery a bit and tell us if we can expect an update this week or there are no chances?

They either talk about what they r gona do or actually do the development work. Some of us would opt for the latter :smile:.
It's also a hard question of what makes it into a release because if you plan a modificaiton into a release but its still half broken you either delay the release or ship without that feature/modification. but that means double the hassle: you need to test more and you need to maintain even more versions of the codebase. So try to be patient about the responses i guess.

@Dejan, could you unveil the mystery a bit and tell us if we can expect an update this week or there are no chances?
+1

@ TW we understand plans can change but knowing that there is or is not an intention to update this week would help stop many of us checking this thread everyday

I'll save you some time, updates are on a roughly monthly schedule and the last update was august 20, so it is unlikely we will see anything until around september 20 (12 days from now)

I'll save you some time, updates are on a roughly monthly schedule and the last update was august 20, so it is unlikely we will see anything until around september 20 (12 days from now)
Last update was a bit off the schedule, so your guess is nothing but a guess.

I would say at least a week or 2 since they are trying to get the new content into 1.6.3 like battle orders and battle terrain, I would give an estimate but even when I give "estimates" people hold me to it..sooo the next patch is Soon™

Back
Top Bottom