Beta Patch Notes e1.6.1

Users who are viewing this thread

We are discussing a feature to adjust or exempt taxes.
Currently a lot of policies and perks modify taxes so it might be counter intuitive to modify them, but these increases can be attributed to efficiency in tax collection. Still an adjustment can be made on the base tax giving clans the option to modify their income. Ofcourse these can be accompanied by loyalty and prosperity buffs for low/no taxes.
Thanks for letting us know!

Currently a lot of policies and perks modify taxes so it might be counter intuitive to modify them, but these increases can be attributed to efficiency in tax collection. Still an adjustment can be made on the base tax giving clans the option to modify their income. Ofcourse these can be accompanied by loyalty and prosperity buffs for low/no taxes.
Would be a great move, giving players more control.

Looking forward to whatever you guys land on!

I do hope at some point you guys can make the AI vote on policies based on their current situation and what would be best for them to address whatever their current issue is. I know currently it is just random, so I think that could be one way of helping kingdoms from diving into poverty.

Last edited:
RIP Long Glaive. Has ANYONE seen it in 1.6 or 1.6.1 games being sold in the Khuzait towns? Good gear has been so rare lately.
Yes Marry Khada, AFAIK he always has it in 1.6 and 1.6.1. A couple others do too, go look at their armies and it can be easily spotted. Not sure if any females have it though. It shows up in shops too, is about 85K. Normal damaged glaives and rhompiah can show up in loot too. I haven't seen a polesowrd in amny versions of the game now.

Let me explain that change a bit.

That hotfix included a change done in mid July. Only one constant is changed at item price calculations and it is increased to 0.60 from 0.50. @SadShogun / @lottendill can see where this changed constant is by looking differences. This change increased variety at prices so items are now a bit cheaper where they are produced.

However this also decreased profit of workshops (profit decreased can be around 20-30%, so it will be hard to find workshop with 200+ daily profit now) because price of output items of workshops are also now cheaper. For example price of beer where breweries are producing beer is now cheaper so workshop profits are decreased however trade and caravans are now a bit more profitable.

So you can discuss if this new version is better or not compared to old versions and if you do not like effects that constant can be decreased to 0.50 again or constant can be done 0.55 between two versions.

By the way poor lords issue have no connection with this change. Yes taxes are 20% decreased at 1.6.1 and reason was there was money inflation, but this is a minor change and also previous versions poor lords ratio was also high. You can say if poor lords ratio was high how there was money inflation? Answer is money is not distributed evenly at Bannerlord, some clans gain too much while some suffer. Solution of this can be giving new passive income to clans like workshops or small fixed cheat money. If they lose their only settlement they go povetry fastly or if they only own 1-2 castles or if they have too much active parties at map (they all have expenses - food and wage). I heard @SadShogun will make some examinations and if total lord money at world decreases by time in long term taxes can be increased 20% again in later patches. There is a constant at tax calculations which is currently 0.30 making it 0.36 will increase taxes by 20%. At first patches this constant was 0.20 by time we increased it slowly to 0.36 and final value is 0.30, prosperity of a castle or town is multiplied by this to find tax income of that settlement. Actually a new feature can be a good addition and owner decides that constant between 0.2 - 0.3 or 0.4 so if tax is high loyality can be effected badly and if tax ratio is low extra loyalty to that town is added daily.

Caravans are not at all profitable, even if they have high trade they dont make profit, like 100g/day, also the party size is way to low, in late game looters and bandits just kill them even if you have the better troops purchased.

Caravans are not at all profitable, even if they have high trade they dont make profit, like 100g/day, also the party size is way to low, in late game looters and bandits just kill them even if you have the better troops purchased.
caravans do make good profit if you know how to set them up. I can average 300-500 a day depending on skills. My videos explain exactly how to set them up. But as far as the late game, I totally agree that bandits and looters get huge packs and caravans get looted often. I made suggestions to help but TW won't budge, I thought my idea of adding troops per clan tier like they do with party size or paying extra for a bigger party size like you can with higher tier troops were great ideas, I think I made 4 or 5 suggestions but each one was shot down. Just have to accept the fact that TW doesn't want us to use caravans late game.

the defense that caravans had where their speed, but now you seem to catch them easier then before

i like caravans, but they die way to easy then the companion sits on the other side of the map if released and you have to pay again to keep him going

can he not start a caravan on his own again maybe costing 5 k or 10 k ?

the defense that caravans had where their speed, but now you seem to catch them easier then before

i like caravans, but they die way to easy then the companion sits on the other side of the map if released and you have to pay again to keep him going

can he not start a caravan on his own again maybe costing 5 k or 10
Can clanmembers after defeat/release not seek the player out to inquire about new duties? Then If you want him to start a new caravan, give him money and some troops and a send him on his way

caravans do make good profit if you know how to set them up. I can average 300-500 a day depending on skills. My videos explain exactly how to set them up. But as far as the late game, I totally agree that bandits and looters get huge packs and caravans get looted often. I made suggestions to help but TW won't budge, I thought my idea of adding troops per clan tier like they do with party size or paying extra for a bigger party size like you can with higher tier troops were great ideas, I think I made 4 or 5 suggestions but each one was shot down. Just have to accept the fact that TW doesn't want us to use caravans late game.
I like the idea behind the mod where you can set fixed trade routes for your caravans, this way you can select saver routes.

Can clanmembers after defeat/release not seek the player out to inquire about new duties? Then If you want him to start a new caravan, give him money and some troops and a send him on his way
i really wish they did but they dont
its not so bad if you have a castle/town then you can insta teleport em

same for heroes that are not in your clan they are sometimes 3 days away and you move 250 man to fetch 1 hero...

i wish i could sent out 5 riders to get em or something like this like a messenger

Last edited:
I am finding caravans pretty profitable in 1.6.1 if you are not at war. The bigger risk is when you join a kingdom as vassal or mercenary, if not caravans are pretty much safe for me (I have just lost 1 from 7 due to bandits in 400 days).

God, you guys just keep roping me back in time and time again. I love the update ideas. I do have a question though. Are there any talks of implementing mod ideas into the main game, ala Freelancer, Improved Garrisons or Diplomacy?

Anyone else unable to name crafted weapons? I've started a new blacksmith run in 1.6.1 and even after naming multiple weapons they always say crafted two handed sword ect after I hit craft.

Здравствуйте друзья, в версии 1.6.1 все лорды стали бедными, и соответственно есть небольшие отряды, объясняю, в версии 1.6.0 в энциклопедии в параметре кланов в большем случае было написано среднее, правящие кланы богатые, в версии 1.6.1 даже правящие кланы имеют "скудное" состояние и у них слабые, небольшие отряды, это тоже касается наемных кланов, их армии не превышают 50 человек, бывают, конечно, исключения, но обычно как я описал.

Back
Top Bottom