Beta Patch Notes e1.6.1

Users who are viewing this thread

On the contrary, it's more like 'If you don't have a 3D graphics card, you are not going to be able to play any recent game efficiently'. Sure, some people didn't like that back in the late 90's, but games started more and more to require one. Frankly, given SSDs are both cheap, improve load times hugely and in no way new technology, there is NO excuse not to have one if your primary hobby is gaming.
There is also NO excuse to break something which was working good on HDD previously. You're either missing my point or ignoring it intentionally.

And other point - "cheap" is quite the relative thing. What's cheap for you maybe "OMG r u srs" for anyone else. Don't know what country you live in, but back where I'm from, an SSD for 1 Tb costs more than $200. A good thing that in your country these are the money you spent on a coffee every day, but back in my country it by no means can be called "cheap".

Once again - the game worked fine on HDD. Now it is not. It needs to be fixed and WE should not fix it ourselves by buying SSD, then a better video card, then something else. As simple as that.

OMG, why not letting the player see the reason for the war in Encyclopedia or something?
Agreed. This would be good info. Which side declared the war and what their general reason was.

Also I would like to see a better log available for prisoner information related to the war. I think there is a really short one but having more full information about when people were captured, ransomed and freed for the duration of the war would be great info.

The inventory transaction history tooltip now hides new entries after 40 items.
So I get why this was done, but we really need a scrollbox or something. A list that doesn't fit on the screen was obviously bad, but sometimes we actually want to be able to see details of the later info. Same thing on army composition tooltips.

There is also NO excuse to break something which was working good on HDD previously. You're either missing my point or ignoring it intentionally.

And other point - "cheap" is quite the relative thing. What's cheap for you maybe "OMG r u srs" for anyone else. Don't know what country you live in, but back where I'm from, an SSD for 1 Tb costs more than $200. A good thing that in your country these are the money you spent on a coffee every day, but back in my country it by no means can be called "cheap".

Once again - the game worked fine on HDD. Now it is not. It needs to be fixed and WE should not fix it ourselves by buying SSD, then a better video card, then something else. As simple as that.

Additional Notes: These estimates may change during final release.

This is from the steam requirements page for Bannerlord. It doesn't say it will work 'fine' on a HDD come full release. It did previously? So what? It's in EA, it's subject to change.

Once again- There is no reason not to have the game on an SSD. It is by far the best choice for load times, affordable, and frankly, essential for all modern games. This isn't like buying the latest graphics card, it's keeping up with very modestly priced technological improvements. If TW want to optimise things for those with SSDs then thats perfectly reasonable. As simple as that.

Once again- There is no reason not to have the game on an SSD.
Just picking this statement as a general one to reply.

SSD just hides the problems. It should not be an excuse. There is something wrong with the way features are implemented in this game. Even "Options click" on main menu lags. All in-game menus lag. Next/previous page arrow buttons on character creation screen lag.

Only battles are smooth. Everthing else lags.

Moreover, the sad thing is that graphics constantly get downgraded while performance gets worse. The game is nothing like the pictures or videos presented on Steam page.

Of course I know I could get SSD, and I have also tried it on SSD just to check, but even then, SSD performance is not great either.

Just picking this statement as a general one to reply.

SSD just hides the problems. It should not be an excuse. There is something wrong with the way features are implemented in this game. Even "Options click" on main menu lags. All in-game menus lag. Next/previous page arrow buttons on character creation screen lag.

Only battles are smooth. Everthing else lags.

Moreover, the sad thing is that graphics constantly get downgraded while performance gets worse. The game is nothing like the pictures or videos presented on Steam page.
The telemetry tool is up for both 160 and 161.
So if you have time then maybe you could try to use those tools and report TW the performance drops you get.
Regarding the graphics downgrade, I'm not experiencing this (quite similar to steam page for me). Maybe you could try to update your drivers.
Some people seem to have issues with the game choosing integrated graphic card instead of game graphic card.

The telemetry tool is up for both 160 and 161.
So if you have time then maybe you could try to use those tools and report TW the performance drops you get.
Regarding the graphics downgrade, I'm not experiencing this (quite similar to steam page for me). Maybe you could try to update your drivers.
Some people seem to have issues with the game choosing integrated graphic card instead of game graphic card.
This is not only me, there has been various posts on the Internet mentioning this overall graphics quality drop when the beta released, and also as it received patches.

It is mostly on world map. Waters, rivers are downgraded. Terrain is downgraded. Ultra of Bannerlord is like Low of any other game, especially under specific lightning conditions, depending on the time of the ingame day.

For an example of downgrade of combat graphics, just watch TW's video of that battanian siege defense gameplay and notice the light, environment, textures etc. being nothing like what we have now.

I am playing at the highest settings with a dedicated graphics card. It is not because of my machine, what I describe and experience visually is same as on every recent YouTube gameplay video I see.

I have reported telemetry in the past and will probably do again.

I'm making big bucks trading in 1.6.1. Is it just me or is the trading easier now?
From the patch notes :
Changes

• Some demand adjustments have been made to default items to improve trading.
so it looks like it is intended
im not a big of a trader so i did not noticed much
some things are absurdly cheap ... like 2 Sumper horses in a town only costing around 40-50

From the patch notes :
Changes

• Some demand adjustments have been made to default items to improve trading.
so it looks like it is intended
im not a big of a trader so i did not noticed much
some things are absurdly cheap ... like 2 Sumper horses in a town only costing around 40-50

Thanks for that. I was buying flax for 5 and selling for 40. One thing that does happen is prices quickly go down once demand is met so it's not too OP. The EXP gains were a bit much though for trading experience. They should tune that.

Back
Top Bottom