Beta Patch Notes e1.6.1

Users who are viewing this thread

been enjoying these patches, the game is more playable than it was several versions ago, several quality of life improvements. sieges are more tolerable now (y)

• i was wondering when the "Elite Cataphracts charging with swords" fix was going to be added to a beta patch?
  • some info was taken away from the Diplomacy screen: you can't view who is at war with who, you can't view 'successful sieges' anymore
  • is it possible to prevent the consumption of horses that are locked when you create cavalry units?

Last edited:
Does this patch include NPC leaders killing NPC leaders or is that still something being worked out?
I don't see anything in the patch notes (I can't test, away on vacation).

@Duh_TaleWorlds its been since mid june since we heard anything about this, what's the status? last thing we heard you guys were still balancing the death rates
They execute the rebels, at least.
m9UG3Qk.png

When I had that problem, it was the result of hundreds of save files. Deleting most of them fixed it entirely. I'm not sure it is the same as your problem though; I haven't noticed anything unusual with save/load times lately.
Thanks, I'll try that next time I play. For me saving and loading always gets insensibly slower and slower throughout a campaign to the point where it takes around 15 minutes or more to load a campaign at around 1000 days and around a minute or two to save. This is with the game installed on a new SSD. I haven't played beyond 1.5.9 though.

not the game, buy an SSD, for me it takes 1-2 seconds.
I've been playing version 1.5.8 so far due to the in game menus and inventory loading times being terrible in later versions, but as I wanted to try 1.6.0 I tried to play on my HD and as I predicted, it was terrible, so through Steam I ported the game to the ssd disk, which only had small programs because is a 250 GB one, and the difference is abysmal. Unfortunately for this game is necessary the game is unplayable outside ssds, but on the other hand it's the only game I have that really needs to be installed there.

did you find a solution?

because were deep in enemy land and i cannot play on because it keeps crashing
What I did was loaded the save, moved slightly, then saved again before the party joined mine, then they joined without issue. I don't know if it's re-saving the game or changing the timing of when they joined that let me dodge it, but I've had this problem both times I made a new clan party and it 1st joined and this is what I did to get around it. I send the crash reports but didn't make a report thread. I've speculated over the year that some of these weird crashes are just too many events being registered at once or such and changing the timing or location of the party can dodge the crash, but idduno. In some old version I would have crash whenever it was time to give birth, but by re-loading and going away from other parties I was able to get through it. If I loaded and tried to go in the same direction/objective I hade been it would just crash again at same time though.

Good morning,

I have decided Taleworlds. You shall release 1.6.2 next week.

With all my love,

Your friend michi

Currently 1.6.1 is unplayable on HDD.

As it's been said above on various posts, all menus (inventory, kingdom, etc) lag horribly.

Even before starting an actual campaign, the arrow clicks between pages at the character creation screen lag too!

The lag is everywhere in this game and the sad thing is this is the case after all those "performance" improvements.

Unplayable with those 3-4 seconds of lag on every action.

The biggest issue for me in 1.6.1, is the AI lords going to bankrupt pretty fast. Almost all clans are poors and lords are just able to build 40-90 men parties as much.

everytime when i create an army and my companion with his troops arrives the game crashes

here is the dump:

2021-08-07_02.26.09_b49fa1b9db77078238ee8cbdbff8e9ac

Experienced this as well. Also a lot of visual glitches.

Keep battles are really nice though!

Ladders and towers are also improved in my sieges, which is nice.

And a lot of clans are dirt poor, but still dont want to join my kingdom.

It would also be nice if we were able to recruit rebel clans to our kingdom after we’ve taken their kingdom (please, somebody be desperate enough to join my kingdom, im so alone).

Experienced this as well. Also a lot of visual glitches.

Keep battles are really nice though!

Ladders and towers are also improved in my sieges, which is nice.

And a lot of clans are dirt poor, but still dont want to join my kingdom.

It would also be nice if we were able to recruit rebel clans to our kingdom after we’ve taken their kingdom (please, somebody be desperate enough to join my kingdom, im so alone).

Are you trying to recruit fiefless clans?

Started a new campaign with 1.61.
I choose "Clan Members Death possibility in Battles Reduced by 100%" I still had 3 of them die in my first battle.
With the insane rates of battles you have in later stages of the game i can't see this working out.
There won't be any clan members anymore quite soon with that tempo.
Also why build up relations with certain characters by doing quests and stuff, if they die anyway.
We need an option so that they can only die of age.

Last edited:
Started a new campaign with 1.61.
I choose "Clan Members Death possibility in Battles Reduced by 100%" I still hat 3 of them die in my first battle.
With the insane rates of battles you have in later stages of the game i can't see this working out.
There won't be any clan members anymore quite soon with that tempo.
Also why build up relations with certain characters by doing quests and stuff, if they die anyway.
We need an option so that they can only die of age.
So 3 of your family members died in a single battle? Go play the lotto.

The 10% death rate is temporary for “testing” purposes, they will lower it when they finally implement AI vs AI simulated battle death

So 3 of your family members died in a single battle? Go play the lotto.

The 10% death rate is temporary for “testing” purposes, they will lower it when they finally implement AI vs AI simulated battle death
Sorry i wrote that wrong. I was talking about lords from a faction. I was in a big battle Vlandia vs battania. Battania won but three of their lords died (out of nine). Do lords have a different likelyhood of dying than family members? What is the point of building up good relations with certain lords if they likely gonna die in one of the battles they join you?

Back
Top Bottom