Beta Patch Notes e1.6.1

Users who are viewing this thread

CaptainLee

Sergeant Knight
Confirmed, it got worse since 1.6.0. Micro freezes all over the map, menu and inventory, encyclopedia - lag lag lag.

That should by no means justify the fact that before the game's performance was way much better on HDD. Now it's a mess.

As I said before, today they brake something that will make you buy an SSD. And if you keep justifying this, we may come to the point, where someone will say to you

Hell, even Cyberpunk 2077 runs way much better now. Need a fix for it.

On the contrary, it's more like 'If you don't have a 3D graphics card, you are not going to be able to play any recent game efficiently'. Sure, some people didn't like that back in the late 90's, but games started more and more to require one. Frankly, given SSDs are both cheap, improve load times hugely and in no way new technology, there is NO excuse not to have one if your primary hobby is gaming.

Hotfix 09/08/21

Singleplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when trying to declare war against minor factions. (Also in e1.6.0 hotfix).
  • Fixed a modding-related bug with the upgrade troops popup showing just the first two upgrade targets of a character on the troop tree instead of all of them.

Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that caused some noble parties to recruit and disband troops in a loop.
  • Fixed a bug that caused garrison troops to desert and auto recruit troops in player-owned settlements. (Also in e1.6.0 hotfix).

Changes
  • Peace offers will be automatically accepted if the player is contracted as a mercenary.
  • Some demand adjustments have been made to default items to improve trading.
  • Changed the primary production type of some villages.

Multiplayer​

Fixes
  • Server-side stability fixes. (Also in e1.6.0 hotfix).
  • Fixed a bug that showed the wrong arena preference after changing troops in Duel mode. (Also in e1.6.0 hotfix).
  • Fixed a bug related to the profanity checker. (Also in e1.6.0 hotfix).

Changes
  • Throwable spears can no longer be thrown from horseback. (Also in e1.6.0 hotfix).
  • Server time limit made visible in Duel mode. (Also in e1.6.0 hotfix).
  • Faction voting is now available in Duel mode. (Also in e1.6.0 hotfix).
  • Arena preference is assigned automatically based on the selected class in Duel mode unless the player changes their arena preference using a flag. (Also in e1.6.0 hotfix).
  • The win/loss icon has been removed for Duel mode in match history.
what villages changed, I couldn't find any

Lesbosisles

Knight
On the contrary, it's more like 'If you don't have a 3D graphics card, you are not going to be able to play any recent game efficiently'. Sure, some people didn't like that back in the late 90's, but games started more and more to require one. Frankly, given SSDs are both cheap, improve load times hugely and in no way new technology, there is NO excuse not to have one if your primary hobby is gaming.
There is also NO excuse to break something which was working good on HDD previously. You're either missing my point or ignoring it intentionally.

And other point - "cheap" is quite the relative thing. What's cheap for you maybe "OMG r u srs" for anyone else. Don't know what country you live in, but back where I'm from, an SSD for 1 Tb costs more than $200. A good thing that in your country these are the money you spent on a coffee every day, but back in my country it by no means can be called "cheap".

Once again - the game worked fine on HDD. Now it is not. It needs to be fixed and WE should not fix it ourselves by buying SSD, then a better video card, then something else. As simple as that.

Slithy

Regular
OMG, why not letting the player see the reason for the war in Encyclopedia or something?
Agreed. This would be good info. Which side declared the war and what their general reason was.

Also I would like to see a better log available for prisoner information related to the war. I think there is a really short one but having more full information about when people were captured, ransomed and freed for the duration of the war would be great info.

Slithy

Regular
The inventory transaction history tooltip now hides new entries after 40 items.
So I get why this was done, but we really need a scrollbox or something. A list that doesn't fit on the screen was obviously bad, but sometimes we actually want to be able to see details of the later info. Same thing on army composition tooltips.

SOku

Sergeant
I have a NVME m.2 SSD and experienced those issues as well, I'm curious as to which sci-fi SSD you are gonna ask me to buy on Amazon while missing the point presented by @Lesbosisles

CaptainLee

Sergeant Knight
There is also NO excuse to break something which was working good on HDD previously. You're either missing my point or ignoring it intentionally.

And other point - "cheap" is quite the relative thing. What's cheap for you maybe "OMG r u srs" for anyone else. Don't know what country you live in, but back where I'm from, an SSD for 1 Tb costs more than $200. A good thing that in your country these are the money you spent on a coffee every day, but back in my country it by no means can be called "cheap".

Once again - the game worked fine on HDD. Now it is not. It needs to be fixed and WE should not fix it ourselves by buying SSD, then a better video card, then something else. As simple as that.

Additional Notes: These estimates may change during final release.

This is from the steam requirements page for Bannerlord. It doesn't say it will work 'fine' on a HDD come full release. It did previously? So what? It's in EA, it's subject to change.

Once again- There is no reason not to have the game on an SSD. It is by far the best choice for load times, affordable, and frankly, essential for all modern games. This isn't like buying the latest graphics card, it's keeping up with very modestly priced technological improvements. If TW want to optimise things for those with SSDs then thats perfectly reasonable. As simple as that.

Dreed89

Sergeant at Arms
Once again- There is no reason not to have the game on an SSD.
Just picking this statement as a general one to reply.

SSD just hides the problems. It should not be an excuse. There is something wrong with the way features are implemented in this game. Even "Options click" on main menu lags. All in-game menus lag. Next/previous page arrow buttons on character creation screen lag.

Only battles are smooth. Everthing else lags.

Moreover, the sad thing is that graphics constantly get downgraded while performance gets worse. The game is nothing like the pictures or videos presented on Steam page.

Of course I know I could get SSD, and I have also tried it on SSD just to check, but even then, SSD performance is not great either.

fragonard

Grandmaster Knight
WB
I see that wine and oil are no longer food so the max credit for variety is 7. Does this lower the Steward progression?

Just picking this statement as a general one to reply.

SSD just hides the problems. It should not be an excuse. There is something wrong with the way features are implemented in this game. Even "Options click" on main menu lags. All in-game menus lag. Next/previous page arrow buttons on character creation screen lag.

Only battles are smooth. Everthing else lags.

Moreover, the sad thing is that graphics constantly get downgraded while performance gets worse. The game is nothing like the pictures or videos presented on Steam page.
The telemetry tool is up for both 160 and 161.
So if you have time then maybe you could try to use those tools and report TW the performance drops you get.
Regarding the graphics downgrade, I'm not experiencing this (quite similar to steam page for me). Maybe you could try to update your drivers.
Some people seem to have issues with the game choosing integrated graphic card instead of game graphic card.

Dreed89

Sergeant at Arms
The telemetry tool is up for both 160 and 161.
So if you have time then maybe you could try to use those tools and report TW the performance drops you get.
Regarding the graphics downgrade, I'm not experiencing this (quite similar to steam page for me). Maybe you could try to update your drivers.
Some people seem to have issues with the game choosing integrated graphic card instead of game graphic card.
This is not only me, there has been various posts on the Internet mentioning this overall graphics quality drop when the beta released, and also as it received patches.

It is mostly on world map. Waters, rivers are downgraded. Terrain is downgraded. Ultra of Bannerlord is like Low of any other game, especially under specific lightning conditions, depending on the time of the ingame day.

For an example of downgrade of combat graphics, just watch TW's video of that battanian siege defense gameplay and notice the light, environment, textures etc. being nothing like what we have now.

I am playing at the highest settings with a dedicated graphics card. It is not because of my machine, what I describe and experience visually is same as on every recent YouTube gameplay video I see.

I have reported telemetry in the past and will probably do again.

Drahtos

Knight
WB
what villages changed, I couldn't find any
It looks like some production values have been changed. Especially wool in Khuzait territories. My WS there have about 40% less profitability after the hotfix.
Time for a new Workshop Video Guide I guess :wink:.

Top Bottom