Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Lol, hey engineers are creative types as well. Design work is like half the field, and usability is a core tenet of that.
It's about the stereotypical engineer. These people exist in quantities, but of course I was pulling your leg a bit. Who knows what's in your head.
The only reason it took three paragraphs to explain a minor quirk with the system is because I wanted to give a primer on the underlying priciples of it first so that someone who knows none of the details could (hopefully) follow along. If instead I had just said "wool weaveries always make a lot of money because the minimum price factor of garments is clamped to 0.8 instead of 0.2" it would be totally meaningless to someone with no understanding of the implementation.
This right here looks like a typical failure of complex systems - a system that enters permanent goods inflation and is only propped by kludges like price limits. Where is my free market capitalism Taleworlds???
Another case for simpler systems.

The same effect of economic damage can be simulated with a simpler and more accessible model. I think simpler and more elegant models are less prone to failures and don't need to be balanced and kludged for months.
You could certainly dumb it down with design-for-effect styled things like if besieged, starve garrison, increase food prices/if village raided, increase food prices but that would take away the ability to do other things, less directly against the settlements. For example, I used to be able to blow up Aserai's economy without even touching their land because of the chokepoint between Garontor and Tubilis Castles. They sorta nerfed that since then, but you can still do considerable economic damage to a settlement by merely blockading it (stopping village parties from entering) in a lot of cases. Or you can drastically increase the global price on grain just by hording it all, which is pretty funny because it seems to cause a bunch of wars to kick off after awhile.

Other times, you see land become worse off thanks to excessive amounts of very large bandit parties that develop when all the vassals are on the other side of the map and as a trader, you can take advantage of that, since your party is the only one that isn't restricted to 30 mid-tier troops. You can also take advantage as a mercenary, so you can run around RPing a bandit hunter collecting bounties with nothing more than yourself, your siblings and a few companions in your party.

It already has been more than 1 months, when the next patch is coming? ????
I'm wondering the same. Surely one would think it won't be too long considering TW seems to have released a patch each month on average.

Hopefully the next patch has a major addition -- such as spear bracing and the terrain system/keep battles -- or a major improvement, such as armor damage model, siege pathfinding, influence actually mattering in voting, or lance cavalry AI targeting. These issues have mostly been around since launch and desperately need fixing.

I'm wondering the same. Surely one would think it won't be too long considering TW seems to have released a patch each month on average.

Hopefully the next patch has a major addition -- such as spear bracing and the terrain system/keep battles -- or a major improvement, such as armor damage model, siege pathfinding, influence actually mattering in voting, or lance cavalry AI targeting. These issues have mostly been around since launch and desperately need fixing.
I do not think so it is gonna be terrain system but I hope it will be something good because it is alrrady pass time, @Duh_TaleWorlds, @mexxico do you guys know something about it

I do not think so it is gonna be terrain system but I hope it will be something good because it is alrrady pass time, @Duh_TaleWorlds, @mexxico do you guys know something about it
Actually, it is better to ask @Dejan about such a thing. He always shares any info on if we can expect an update this week or not :smile:

The battle terrain system is making progress. Most of the work is currently going towards scene creation. It is quite unlikely that there will be a regular update this week as part of this and all of next week are filled with national holidays. (So we wouldn't be able to effectively respond to unforeseen issues.)

The battle terrain system is making progress. Most of the work is currently going towards scene creation. It is quite unlikely that there will be a regular update this week as part of this and all of next week are filled with national holidays.
Well that's nice to know that it has made progress! Keep it up! Also what's the progress for keep battles?

Duh is alive :shock:

Ad just out of curiosity, is it possible to see changes in the number of posts sent in thhis forum even if they are not released yet? I am looking at the people i follow once a day and i am pretty sure callum got more posts today but nothing is shown in recent activity. (hint to new large posts that are not yet officialy out??) :roll:

Last edited:
This right here looks like a typical failure of complex systems - a system that enters permanent goods inflation and is only propped by kludges like price limits. Where is my free market capitalism Taleworlds???
Sure, you can call it a failure if you want. Part of the reason I even pointed it out to begin with is so that if they don't already know about it they can consider dealing with it if they feel it is a problem. It isn't some deep, insurmountable flaw that requires a rework of the mechanic from the ground up though. The price limits mostly only come into play with equipment items (such as garments), which are for the most part already disconnected from the rest of the economic simulation. The actual trade goods usually sit comfortably within the bounds and don't get impacted by their price limits in a significant way, and those items that still do can also be adjusted without much trouble.

Another case for simpler systems.
That's good, I agree that simple can be the best approach, and I hope you continue to champion that cause in the threads that get spammed with "lol, too complex" as well.

Edit:
Other times, you see land become worse off thanks to excessive amounts of very large bandit parties that develop when all the vassals are on the other side of the map
One thing I wish we had was a way to tell how much of a problem bandits are for our fiefs' villager parties. It's currently difficult to determine how often our villagers are forced to flee or get destroyed while going to market without sitting around to witness it first hand. Personally I'd prefer to have access to that information at all times through our fief management menu without having to be on site, but if they wanted to keep it immersive, they could allow you to question headmen about it, who would respond with something like, "The roads are not safe my lord, our villagers have been forced to flee from brigands X times this month and we've lost Y parties to them altogether." Once you get any significant amount of villages though it would get really tedious to travel to each one for that info, which is why I would advocate for it to be summarized in a menu.

Last edited:
The battle terrain system is making progress. Most of the work is currently going towards scene creation. It is quite unlikely that there will be a regular update this week as part of this and all of next week are filled with national holidays. (So we wouldn't be able to effectively respond to unforeseen issues.)

Any chance of pure bridge battle maps? Currently the ai just walks through the water.

There should be strategic locations that can be used to defend against large armies like bridge battles, mountain passes, etc.

These maps can add a lot of depth and can be tones of fun to defend.

What this guy said ^

On a more serious note though, we will of course be working on the post and more development update videos and share them at an appropriate time.
I'm being serious too, not want it to come off wrong but why can't there be a thread that maybe once a week a dev gives a small update of the main and beta branch so people don't have to wait weeks for information.
Like every Friday....hey the next beta branch just went to testing and so far it is going good. Something simple like that which wouldn't take but a couple minutes but give valuable information so people know how things are progressing. Not giving specifics so people take it as an ETA but general enough and people can be kept in the loop. Like I said a couple quick sentences doesn't take very long to do so it's not like they spend hours doing posts but a couple minutes before leaving work on Friday just to let the community know the progress of the branches. I think it is a little thing that can be done that would go a long way to keep us all up to date. As I said I'm being serious and this isn't a jab at TW or I am being a smart ***, just an idea for TW to do that could keep the community a little more up to date

MODERATORS REALLY HID MY MESSAGE BECAUSE I SAID "no" TO CALLUM WHAT THE **** IS THIS FORUM REGIME LEAVE ME ALONE

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What this guy said ^

On a more serious note though, we will of course be working on the post and more development update videos and share them at an appropriate time.

@Callum are there any plans for the future regarding the minor factions?
And could you please say something about it? https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/poll-unit-behaviour-by-class.444163/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom